Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Notts Forest (A) - Pre Match

5 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Why bite? Do we never learn?!

Β 

The blokes clearly come on here to prove he doesn’t care let him crack on, stopping giving him the answers he’s come for πŸ™„

Isn't a bite. Stating facts. That's from the panorama documentary a few years back^.Β 

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Anyone who knows the score knows it was always Leicester Forest before we went separate ways in the League. Derby came relevant for a short while.. notably recent times.

Β 

Cutest rivalry going between you two thoughπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

20230113_084306.jpg.c76cca18ce5b7ff1083dd3c884c31fc7.jpg

The Leicester, Notts Forest rivalry is an older rivalry, and most of their fans don't see anything pre Clough days. A bit like the media and the Premier league. It's like football never existed before the Premier league! I suspect the older generation of Notts Forest fans would acknowledge the rivalry with Leicester. I do find the Derby, Notts Forest rivalry a strange one though. It's almost a bit sweet how much they actually seem to love each other!Β  As it happens, I've never been bothered what Notts Forest fans think of us anyway, I've always fvcking hated them regardless, and will do until my last breath.Β 

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Rendon Bodgers said:

Scoring an early goal won't shut up the fans I'm afraid, the support home and away is fantastic. As for getting in our faces, with young Ryan Yates in the side you've got a master of the dark arts and he's not the only one. I'm amazed at the negativity on here, neither side is playing at their best so it's possible for you to get a draw.Β 

Seems like you lot aren't keen on the Mighty Reds, don't get it myself.Β 

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Β 

Ryan Yates master of the dark arts. And I think our fans are delusional.Β 

Β 

The only thing intimidating is your managers face.

46 minutes ago, Rendon Bodgers said:

Generally there isn't any hate, obviously there are some who have a stronger dislike but it's more a local derby than any sort of grudge match. Clearly this game has a fair bit riding in it although with plenty of games left it's not settling anything. I've worked in Leicestershire all my working like, live in Derbyshire and support Forest so can tell you there's no rivally like Forest - Derby. Well there was until they became irrelevant.Β 

Derby are irrelevant now. Who's you're big rivalry now liverpool

2 hours ago, Rendon Bodgers said:

Scoring an early goal won't shut up the fans I'm afraid, the support home and away is fantastic. As for getting in our faces, with young Ryan Yates in the side you've got a master of the dark arts and he's not the only one. I'm amazed at the negativity on here, neither side is playing at their best so it's possible for you to get a draw.Β 

the obsession is crazy but you only love derby?Β 
Β 

forest get battered on and off the pitch πŸ‘

Just now, lcfcjosh said:

Perez KDH Maddison all not playing will be a tough gameΒ 

I don't see why people see Perez not playing as a bad thing - he's literally offered us nothing since joining the club, one of the biggest wastes of money at this club, and we've quite quite a track record.

Β 

Would much rather we accommodate the players that will actually get stuck in and want to help the club, get some young blood in there like Braybrooke.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I don't see why people see Perez not playing as a bad thing - he's literally offered us nothing since joining the club, one of the biggest wastes of money at this club, and we've quite quite a track record.

Β 

Would much rather we accommodate the players that will actually get stuck in and want to help the club, get some young blood in there like Braybrooke.

I agree but the last games we’ve played he’s the only person who show’s creativity in the sideΒ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rendon Bodgers said:

Don’t care but signed up to post this? Ok mate πŸ‘

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

"We don't even care about Leicester" you're a fanbase that made actual greeting cards as a souvenir after beating us last year.

Β 

Their first sniff of the Barclays since the invention of Channel 5 and they're even more unbearable.

they're a proper strange lot

Β 

them and derby are the embodiment ofΒ 

Β 

the lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Β 

Apart from helping set up the winner in theΒ  fa cup final for TIELEMANS, setting up the winning goal for ricardo when he came on against PsV.Β  Yes, like you say nothing.

7 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Apart from helping set up the winner in theΒ  fa cup final for TIELEMANS, setting up the winning goal for ricardo when he came on against PsV.Β  Yes, like you say nothing.

****ing hell that's tenuous lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Β 

Ryan Yates master of the dark arts. And I think our fans are delusional.Β 

Β 

The only thing intimidating is your managers face.

Man has to tilt his head backwards just to see where he’s walking. About an inch too much of eyelid πŸ˜‚

3 hours ago, Rendon Bodgers said:

Man U or Liverpool?

13 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Apart from helping set up the winner in theΒ  fa cup final for TIELEMANS

Yeah, well, not really a knock-out argument that one. "Set up" is possibly stretching it!

Β 

I like Perez, a lot. He's a talented footballer, the kind I like to have in my team. I just happen to think he's a little too slow and over complicates things. This Saturday though, I would have turned to him (in the absence of Maddison). I think it is a blow that he's not available as he is a creative player, he could make something happen. I'm not sure where that creativity is going to come from without him, Nacho? Youri can make things happen but he'll be deeper. I don't think we have a no. 10 for Saturday, so play without one.

Β 

I reckon we have to be more defensive, sit back and look to play on the break, looking to use Daka's pace. Maybe even wingbacks. (Barnes on the bench).... I dunno, tbh I'm not sure who we have left standing to perm a team out of the remnants!

Β 

Β 

Edited by taupe

16 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Wow yes those two magic moments in nearly 4 years!

Β 

The FA cup moment yes, that was great but tbf anyone of our midfield would have done exactly as he did in that position, it wasn't a moment of genius. Doesn't excuse the fact he's been turd for us and we've had nothing in return from the Β£30m fee.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
24 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Young Ryan Yates made me laugh, he's 25Β 

They have this weird thing where they refer to all their players by their full name too. Think it's due to Clough.

Weird city with people who take the morale high ground on everything and never stop referring to adminstration. Odd given their idol is a alcoholic bully and they don't seem to get too upset at their ownership currently despite some very strange goings on.

Their atmosphere is good though, don't know if that's been mentioned anywhere?

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They have this weird thing where they refer to all their players by their full name too. Think it's due to Clough.

Weird city with people who take the morale high ground on everything and never stop referring to administration. Odd given their idol is a alcoholic bully and they don't seem to get too upset at their ownership currently despite some very strange goings on.

Their atmosphere is good though, don't know if that's been mentioned anywhere?

I tend to find this is down to a lack of good education in the area, the general acceptance that it's ok to be quite 'thick' around these parts, and most importantly, I've found that everyone north of Ruddington seems to have severe issues with their communication skills.

3 hours ago, Rendon Bodgers said:

Generally there isn't any hate, obviously there are some who have a stronger dislike but it's more a local derby than any sort of grudge match. Clearly this game has a fair bit riding in it although with plenty of games left it's not settling anything. I've worked in Leicestershire all my working like, live in Derbyshire and support Forest so can tell you there's no rivally like Forest - Derby. Well there was until they became irrelevant.Β 

Oh snobbery against Derby, like it, I was going to be churlish and say irrelevant, like (Forest were till the start of the season) but wouldnt dare, enjoy the match πŸ‘