Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Notts Forest (A) - Pre Match

20 minutes ago, ronnup said:

They're starting to find an identity. We're lost souls and a random team every week. Only see this going one way.

They’ve beaten the bottom team in the league 1-0 and drew against a rubbish Chelsea side, why are we terrified? 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

They’ve beaten the bottom team in the league 1-0 and drew against a rubbish Chelsea side, why are we terrified? 

Because at present the only real quality in the side is Tielemans and the teams confidence is rock bottom. 2 - 0.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The only positive we can take from getting mullered by Forest is that it should be the end of Rodgers. If we lose today, I want it to be lethal and give Top no choice. 

There's a niggling feeling I have though that the man's bullet proof and he'd still be here next game , even after a 5-0 trouncing. 

We've reached the pits and I don't know how we've got here so fast! 

He's not going to be sacked even if that happens, so we may as well not give Forest the luxury of thrashing us again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Forest are no great shakes.

They are a bit better than us at their best

With us at our worst.

If Harvey Wilf Vards Nacho all step up!

Then we will be OK today.

They aren’t. But they’ve got fight, we’ve got nothing at the moment. Today will be a real shake of things to come…. If we lose it could well dump us well into the relegation scrap. And if could galvanise Forests season.

It’s pretty much nailed for me, we’re going to get battered, and Rodgers will finally be sacked as there will literally be no way Top can keep him here. I would be stunned if we won. 

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

But they’ve got fight, we’ve got nothing at the moment.

And that's all you need to beat us. We've seen in time and again, back over a couple of seasons at least. You don't need to be good, you just need to stick it to us.

• Like 2

532/541 is pointless and too defensive as their crowd and team will be all over us and I think the players will fold. I'd rather go 4321/442 and hope that the players hit the ground running. We need to play our football through the middle against forest and out wide in the final third for barnes/perez while also protecting our flanks tracking back and we can't to that with a back 5 or a diamond.

41 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Forest are no great shakes.

They are a bit better than us at their best

With us at our worst.

If Harvey Wilf Vards Nacho all step up!

Then we will be OK today.

Love that word IF, it covers so many eventualities.:D

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

12 minutes ago, taupe said:

And that's all you need to beat us. We've seen in time and again, back over a couple of seasons at least. You don't need to be good, you just need to stick it to us.

Yea I agree. Newcastle really shone a light on us. It felt a little bit like the end of the road. Shoulders were slumped everywhere and Rodgers looked completely shot, as if he knew his time was nearly up. I just don’t think he cares enough or wants it enough to get something today. We will turn up already beaten and just get roasted and humiliated for 90 minutes. 

I have a daily poem from one website, Poem-a-Day, sent to me by email.

Today's is The Forest Road, by Charlotte Mew.  Hmmmm

It ends:-

There is a shadow there: I see my soul

I hear my soul, singing among the trees!

5 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

Today's is The Forest Road, by Charlotte Mew.  Hmmmm

It ends:-

There is a shadow there: I see my soul

I hear my soul, singing among the trees!

There is a shadow there: of a former great team.

I see them now, running from the trees!

Edited by squidsworth

Whole team been too passive since we got back from the world cup. Midfield is spineless and easy to breach.

Strikers don't press or press in 1s, will need a seriously good performance to get a result, as sh1t as forest are....

🤞🤞🤞

30 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Love that word IF, it covers so many eventualities.:D

Yeah me too, Another is "providing" here spoken by another graduate of The Brendon Rodgers school of meaningless bulls*it - Chris Sutton.

"Sutton believes Jones can turn things around at Southampton, providing there are more performances like the one against Manchester City."

Yep, gotta be a real expert to state that!

• Like 1