Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Notts Forest (A) - Pre Match

2 hours ago, Stinky said:

Except the 14pts from the 6 or 7 games that followed 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

I suspect the fact the slump was halted before the WC has bought him more time, a belief he can do it again

I’ve had this debate before though.

How many times has Rodgers been forced to change his style, his philosophy only for it to buy him some more time, reassure his job, then go back to his way, his style, his philosophy that stinks (no pun intended) the place out only for they cycle to continue. 

Have people not learnt anything throughout his tenure? 

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

Think you are being a bit unfair chap.

just a fan, nervous about a game with our local rivals given our poor form (non-derby, non-rivals according to some), posting comments about wanting us to turn-up today.

Good luck with that under this management and that’s why nothing should be forgiven when it’s nothing but papering over cracks.

• Like 1

Vardy and nacho to score in the first 30 mins go 3-0 up with 15 mins to go they get it back to 3-2 and miss a last min penalty. Steve cooper fly kicks Rodgers because he writes Steve cooper looks like Gollum on his note pad makes a paper aeroplane and throws it at him .

• Haha 1

The reason I want Brendan gone is because I've always looked forward to games like this and would usually be absolutely buzzing for a local derby but instead I'm full of dread. It's just sucked the joy out of it for me.

Hoping to be proven wrong!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

The reason I want Brendan gone is because I've always looked forward to games like this and would usually be absolutely buzzing for a local derby but instead I'm full of dread. It's just sucked the joy out of it for me.

Hoping to be proven wrong!

No, today will be a soulless and torrid affair. You are going to see Forest bouncing and up for it, and right now we don't have the tools to cope with it. The best we can hope for is to sh?* house a draw, because at the end of the day Forest themselves as poor and are bound to make mistakes. 

The best we can hope for is that today initiates some sort of change. But even that i am strongly doubting.

• Like 1

Sitting on the train to Nottingham and listening to a podcast. The guest on the podcast said “we should denominate”. With a full fit squad I would 100% agree. But with a massively depleted side with our best players out, should we dominate? Should this bunch of reserves be better than forest still? Or do we go there taking a draw and hoping for a win? 

6 minutes ago, ScotFox1 said:

I have it on good authority that this is the team for today..

Ward, castagne, Thomas, anartey, faes, mendy, ndidi, tielemans, albrighton, Barnes, vardy

So long as they get some Ovaltine pre match to wake them up a bit:ph34r:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Sitting on the train to Nottingham and listening to a podcast. The guest on the podcast said “we should denominate”. With a full fit squad I would 100% agree. But with a massively depleted side with our best players out, should we dominate? Should this bunch of reserves be better than forest still? Or do we go there taking a draw and hoping for a win? 

Good question, I don’t know the wage structure at Forest and I know they spent big on Gibbs-White but in terms of expectation there’s no-one out there in Youri’s class or who has achieved more than Vardy, they should be puffing their chest out and saying we’re going to boss this game but unfortunately it’s not a given that that will happen. We need more leaders out there, particularly at DM and CB and although I don’t like it some masters of the dark arts. Could be more about how the sides gel, I believe Forest have had a more consistent line up recently whereas our midfield in particular is different every week and often changes after ten minutes or even before a ball is kicked! Without Madison as a playmaker the onus is on Youri to help us keep it in their half for longer, the ease at which the ball has been won back against us in recent games puts us under too much pressure at the back and inevitably we collapse.

• Like 1

we should be playing with a back 5 in my opinion. Having Timmy and Albrighton in the wing back positions. Get Kelch and Vardy up front together and Barnes in the ten running around like a squirrel on acid. 

Just go for it, **** caution I’d rather lose 5-4 bust actually try and it look like we give a shit. 

• Like 3

If that's the team I'm not that surprised. Having Mendy and Ndidi in the same midfield is exhasperating, but if it means we're solid, whatever.

We've got to win this, but at the very least we can look like we want to? And you know, try to create chances for us to score, rather than them?