Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Notts Forest (A) - Pre Match

56 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Vardy and nacho to score in the first 30 mins go 3-0 up with 15 mins to go they get it back to 3-2 and miss a last min penalty. Steve cooper fly kicks Rodgers because he writes Steve cooper looks like Gollum on his note pad makes a paper aeroplane and throws it at him .

That'll do f6me

7 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Good question, I don’t know the wage structure at Forest and I know they spent big on Gibbs-White but in terms of expectation there’s no-one out there in Youri’s class or who has achieved more than Vardy, they should be puffing their chest out and saying we’re going to boss this game but unfortunately it’s not a given that that will happen. We need more leaders out there, particularly at DM and CB and although I don’t like it some masters of the dark arts. Could be more about how the sides gel, I believe Forest have had a more consistent line up recently whereas our midfield in particular is different every week and often changes after ten minutes or even before a ball is kicked! Without Madison as a playmaker the onus is on Youri to help us keep it in their half for longer, the ease at which the ball has been won back against us in recent games puts us under too much pressure at the back and inevitably we collapse.

The ball retention against Newcastle was shocking, just kept putting ourselves back in the shit

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ScotFox1 said:

I have it on good authority that this is the team for today..

Ward, castagne, Thomas, anartey, faes, mendy, ndidi, tielemans, albrighton, Barnes, vardy

I wouldn’t want both Ndidi and Mendy out there, presuming Wilf isn’t a third CB but don’t know what the other options are. Perez at AM, Youri CM, Ndidi DM and leave out Mendy perhaps but depending on the Madison, K D-H, Soumare and Praet situations our options are extremely limited.

3 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

If that's the team I'm not that surprised. Having Mendy and Ndidi in the same midfield is exhasperating, but if it means we're solid, whatever.

We've got to win this, but at the very least we can look like we want to? And you know, try to create chances for us to score, rather than them?

Conceded many long shots when Puel used to play both of them in midfield, because they’d tread on each other and not work well in a 2. Gibbs White is going to love this 

2 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Is Notts County open for away fans again? Coach just spat us out two hours early and I need some Dutch courage. :beer:

Surprising the old bill allowed that given what happened the last time the world famous City were in town. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Compact the midfield and be aggressive, cannot be overrun today by playing 2 in the middle

Should’ve done this against Newcastle though. Instead we just sat back with one in the middle. Against these you need to get at them physically. 

Sorry another debbie downer comment incoming, today we need a spine we need to be aggressive we need leaders, unfortunately we are spineless we are wimps and have no leaders with zero mental strength, our team to absolute buckle under the pressure!!  3.1 home win!! The only slight positive from this misery is Brendan might loose his job come tea time 

Edited by Joe90lcfc
  • Like 2

If that is the team, Vardy will continue to be totally isolated, Barnes will be marked out the game, and Albrighton will loft balls up to Vardy only to be crowded out by their 2 CBs.

Midfield will seem lost and caught out of position and possession, defence becomes overloaded and also taken out of position, Ward is left to his own devices and we concede with ease.

Any goal we score will probably just be a wonder goal.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If that is the team, Vardy will continue to be totally isolated, Barnes will be marked out the game, and Albrighton will loft balls up to Vardy only to be crowded out by their 2 CBs.

Midfield will seem lost and caught out of position and possession, defence becomes overloaded and also taken out of position, Ward is left to his own devices and we concede with ease.

:brendan_still:You spotted the plan. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

psrez.jpg

Edited by wardyfox86

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Why does he keep persisting with Thomas when he could play Timmy on the left and Kevin on the right? 

I love Marc to bits, still got a great cross and through ball in him, but he's not an RB in any league and since Rodgers has been here he's given away 3 pens whenever he's been put there. Their wingers would be queueing up to have a run at him.

• Like 1

Iheanacho is our best player (right now), not playing him is tacit admission of not giving a ****. This **** doesn’t care and anybody that still backs him, or backed him deep into this season, should feel like a monumental twat when we get relegated. 

• Like 2

Of that rumoured team it’s only Castagne that I don’t think has a >= 50% chance of being a liability. How has it come to this? How are our fans not angry at this insouciance and squalor?