Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Notts Forest (A) - Pre Match

2 minutes ago, somebum said:

You assume he 'needs' to play, he really doesn't.

Well he’s our best striker now Vardy is on the decline. You were inferring that he was a negative influence, by stating he is happy to pick up his wage and nothing else. Since his reintroduction to the team, against Everton December 2019, he has clawed us back into games. Rodger’s decision to underuse him is baffling.

• Sad 1

I live in hope (well, in Hove actually* but it's not so far away ;) ) and I know that run before the WC came out of nowhere, so I will be tuning in and hoping that we'll be able to find something similar, some kind of 'wtf did that come from?!' performance.

Why do I feel though that so much has to do with how Rodgers is feeling at the moment? That if he's got a sulk on (again) then we're stuffed, as he's about as motivational as a dead man walking.

*I live in neither 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

I am led to believe it’s a back 3. Which would mean Ndidi at centre half, with Thomas and Castange as wingbacks. 

So 3-5-2 with Albrighton in a midfield three and Barnes as a second striker? 

Edited by ClaphamFox

I have a very bad feeling about this game. Many comments on here about it coming down to who wants it more - that being the case the Post-match thread is going to be a particularly toxic one. 

But maybe it is one of those painful rites of passage that needs to be endured in order for change to happen. We cannot carry on like we have. Something must change and today is as good a time as any for this to start, however painful!

14 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Big police presence at the station as I just came through. Sadly, I fear the highlight of my day will be getting to play with the drug sniffer-dog, (he was gorgeous), for a few seconds 🥴🤞🤞🤞

You've seen the dog, now time for the bollocks. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Suffolk exile said:

But maybe it is one of those painful rites of passage that needs to be endured in order for change to happen. We cannot carry on like we have. Something must change and today is as good a time as any for this to start, however painful!

I dunno, it feels like we've been through a number of those already. Something has to change you think (and I do) put nothing seems to. Despite clearly not being able to do so, we seem to come out trying to play that same kind of football. We might change for Man City but back to business as usual shortly thereafter. I'm now not sure exactly what is going to happen for change to be initiated. I've a fear we've a good deal of pain to endure yet.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

I am led to believe it’s a back 3. Which would mean Ndidi at centre half, with Thomas and Castange as wingbacks. 

I bloody hope it's not Luke Thomas at LWB. I'm not a Thomas-hater, I think he's a good young player going through a tough period but he is absolutely not a wing back. 

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

Big police presence at the station as I just came through. Sadly, I fear the highlight of my day will be getting to play with the drug sniffer-dog, (he was gorgeous), for a few seconds 🥴🤞🤞🤞

I want details - what kind of dog? They're usually spaniels aren't they?