Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Notts Forest (A) - Pre Match

Ward 

Amartey

Ndidi

Faes

Albrighton

Tielemans

Mendy

Castagne 

Perez

Daka

Iheanacho 

Thomas and Barnes cannot play after last night, against Brennan Johnson too. Castange is better as a wing back, Ndidi is a penalty waiting to happen at centre back but can't be any worse. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....considering he says that is his position, and he needs players ahead of him, it seems churlish not to implement such a formation at this moment!!!

All other formations are not working,  we push two upfront and get 80 minutes out if Barnes, because at the moment he is a luxury that we are carrying. 

A 5-2-1-2,  with Rodgers preferred WingBacks pushed on,  would give us the width and extra cover that we need. This would require Soyuncu coming back into the fold and Wilf sitting infront of the backline. 

I went to a Q&A when BR first arrived  

He was asked about a plan B and he arrogantly said his plan A always works. Referring to maybe having a tall striker to call upon he said he didn't want to buy a lamppost (Haaland is 6ft 4) 

Barnes and Chilwell didn't work as HB just got in his way. When fit our fullbacks make far better wingers as WBs and can multitask. Sadly HB is a one trick pony and even losing that. Iheanacho offered far more to the side when HB was injured and had double Covid 

£25m contract is not being well spent 

• Like 2

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Ward 

Amartey

Ndidi

Faes

Albrighton

Tielemans

Mendy

Castagne 

Perez

Daka

Iheanacho 

Thomas and Barnes cannot play after last night, against Brennan Johnson too. Castange is better as a wing back, Ndidi is a penalty waiting to happen at centre back but can't be any worse. 

Albrighton is finished mate. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The side will be

Ward

Thomas 

Faes

Amartey

Castagne

Youri

Ndidi

Albrighton

Perez

Barnes

Vardy. 

If no injured players like soumare madders Praet etc return this will be the side. Maybe Daka for Vardy or less likely kel but that will be it. If we show up for 90 minutes like we have in spells in the last few matches from Liverpool we have a chance as long as we start fast and are more clinical and no switching off. It will be close I imagine but we need the win. 

Just now, Pliskin said:

The side will be

Ward

Thomas 

Faes

Amartey

Castagne

Youri

Ndidi

Albrighton

Perez

Barnes

Vardy. 

Ideally in my opinion we need two upfront as we have 3 strikers who can’t play the lone role 

• Like 1

It's got to the point where I have no confidence at all in the teams we can put out. Can anyone name a player in form?

Ward

Faes

Ndidi

Soyuncu 

Albrighton

Mendy

Tielemans

Castagne 

Perez

Iheanacho

Daka

Edited by LVFox

11 minutes ago, LVFox said:

It's got to the point where I have no confidence at all in the teams we can put out. Can anyone name a player in form?

Ward

Faes

Ndidi

Soyuncu 

Albrighton

Mendy

Tielemans

Castagne 

Perez

Iheanacho

Daka

Nope just seems the players are going though the motions at the minute, I personally want to see two up front, some of Vardy’s better times have been with a fellow striker, (Nugent,Okazaki), going back 18 months ago him and iheanacho had 33 goals in 32 appearances when they both started. 

we won’t get that as we have to have Barnes starting, as good as he can be he is really limiting our options at the minute 

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Ward 

Amartey

Ndidi

Faes

Albrighton

Tielemans

Mendy

Castagne 

Perez

Daka

Iheanacho 

Wilf is horrendous at centre back. Not much better in midfield now , to be fair

I hate to say it, but the writings on the wall with this one isn’t it!? With how we’ve performed since the World Cup break it’s the most obvious home win you can predict in the entire fixture list this wkend.

Brendan is back to his sulking best, the team look entirely de-motivated, devoid of ideas, fight, energy, confidence, structure [add any further descriptors here].

Add to that a home team who will be out for revenge after their 4-0 mauling at the KP and a home crowd frothing at the mouth, it’s 100% going to happen that we roll over and get our tummies tickled here like the little weak pathetic bunch of boys we are!

6 hours ago, J. James said:

Another one not good enough for our elite club, yeah I'll bet Zidane has his agent pestering Top to come here hourly.

And Pep? If only he hadn't signed that contract...

We need a manager who is experienced in relegation battles and getting the best out of the mediocrity he has available not another "lets play like Real" dickhead who is incapable of adaptation or it seems even accepting evidential reality!

It may be a shock to many but Dyche is that experienced relegation manager we as a club with a very poor group of players need right now and no amount of wishing otherwise will change that fact.

In all probability he WIll go to a prem club in trouble and he WILL keep them up, and that may be at our expense.

I for one would welcome him with open arms.

Dyche 🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Ward 

Amartey

Ndidi

Faes

Albrighton

Tielemans

Mendy

Castagne 

Perez

Daka

Iheanacho 

Johnson is gonna have a great day. Turn Thomas inside out and Barnes won't track him back.