Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

One £30m signing goes out the door (Perez...). 

Another comes in :ph34r:.

If it is true, it's an expensive risk. I hope it works out for us and gives us some impetus and energy needed on the pitch. Even if he stays injury free and allows us an attacking option for the remainder of the season it's a plus. 

Injuries and attitude are definite points of contention. But looking at it another way, this is a player with a LOT of upside. A player that you sell for 2-3x their original price if it works out.

Does that mean we should sign him? Jury's still out. He absolutely has the technical quality though. 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Injuries and attitude are definite points of contention. But looking at it another way, this is a player with a LOT of upside. A player that you sell for 2-3x their original price if it works out.

Does that mean we should sign him? Jury's still out. He absolutely has the technical quality though. 

What is the thing about his attitude?

I have seen it mentioned but can't actually find anything other than a couple of Fiorentina fans on twitter

• Like 1

One thought I had was the Southampton new signings looked really good yesterday. That can only mean their former scout who’s now our head scout has a good eye for players. Really excited if we manage to get this one over the line 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Wonder how much this leaves for a lb and cb. Sorry to be greedy but we’re ****ed without those as well 

Not greedy at all. Just common sense that they're quite clearly positions to be improved upon. I'd argue GK as well but picking up one for cheap at good quality is difficult. 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep, hopefully get a good 3-4 years at the very least out of him. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Wonder how much this leaves for a lb and cb. Sorry to be greedy but we’re ****ed without those as well 

I'd think the club have done the sums, knowing what they need they're not going spaff the wad on one player... are they?? :huh:

• Sad 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, moore_94 said:

Very unlikely to be £30m all in one go, probably be spread out over a few instalments

I imagine they're arguing about payment terms now.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

I imagine they're arguing about payment terms now.

Hopefully trying to play them at their own game when it comes to terms

£30m spread over about 20 years but only happens when he has played 50 games in a season

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

What is the thing about his attitude?

I have seen it mentioned but can't actually find anything other than a couple of Fiorentina fans on twitter

Prioritised playing at the World Cup over Fiorentina so didn't want to play in games. To be honest not too dissimilar to how Maddison asked to be subbed of after 10 minutes against West Ham! Make of that what you will... even Messi did it.

I'm with you by the way, I am excited for the signing. Honestly in terms of realistic options out there, there are not too many. Ouatrra and Tysgankov were probably the others that would also make sense, but if you look at games at the higher levels, Gonzalez has a lot more. He is also extremely versatile, reminds me a bit of Otavio at Porto in that way.

Every signing is a gamble, and this is no different. But that's where we are as a club. 

For me Brighton are the best at signing players at the moment, look at Caciedo, Mitoma, McAllister as amazing pickups. But it took a bit of time for those players to get good. We need someone who is already pretty good, hence the high price involved. 

• Like 3