Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

13 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Jesus that's one way to instill confidence in potential signings 

I would imagine that clause is in all of our contracts. It would be massively negligent to not have that built into contracts for a club at our level 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I have a weird sense of dread about this. Can't shake the feeling it's just Ayoze Perez again only this time more costly in context. 

Hope I'm wrong. May just be anxiety speaking. Really not convinced, seen him a few times for Fiorentina and he's never stood out as exceptional. 

I have the same feeling too. I haven’t seen much of him either and I am sure we have done the homework but something doesn’t feel

right. The gamble paid off with the likes of fofana Maddison tielemans and I know i am too risk averse but this doesn’t feel like  a sure thing. 

“The negotiation for the passage of #NicoGonzalez from @acffiorentina to @LCFC continues: the latest“

Basically says, “Leicester insist on Nico González . After the offer of 30 million delivered by the British to the Viola in recent days , contacts between the parties are underway and negotiations are proceeding.”

5 hours ago, LVFox said:

Fiorentina owner has confirmed they've turned a bid down so at the very least it's reassuring to know we are bidding 25m plus for a player.

I'd love us to bring him in, think he adds a really different dimension to any winger we've had in years.

We won't get him in then. No chance we'll spunk more than 30 million on a player who isn't proven in the premier league.

4 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

I have the same feeling too. I haven’t seen much of him either and I am sure we have done the homework but something doesn’t feel

right. The gamble paid off with the likes of fofana Maddison tielemans and I know i am too risk averse but this doesn’t feel like  a sure thing. 

and he missed the WC after carrying the injury to the training camp and was replaced by Angel Correa. 

Lost the great opportunity to showcase what he could do to the world—- he was a starter until the final in Copa America

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think that's fair on the player. His left foot is his strongest, it's the way Fiorentina play which is better suited to wingers instead of inside forwards. But I thought it was fair to share all the comments on the player from fans.

I think it's important to remember that Leicester will never sign a player who unanimously is thought of as a great signing. Those players go to the very top teams. Players we sign will have questions around their physicality (Kante, Mahrez), doubts if they can play at the top level (Vardy), wanting to know why another club is willing to let them go (Huth, Schmeichel, Albrighton), or too young to go straight into the first team (Ndidi).

We've got to make calculated risks, that's the only way we can compete.

I think we should all be excited. We have wanted a genuine left footed player who can dribble and beat a man, plus can finish since the departure of Riyad Mahrez. Nico Gonzalez is an Argentinian international that came on for Angel Di Maria in the Copa America win over Brazil in 2021. With Di Maria pretty much done, that makes him the starting right winger for Argentina, the current world champions. I'm not sure there are many other players on the market we could realistically get who are better than that!

I'm not going to call this guy a sure fire success, and I can certainly see why people have reservations. But who else out there could we realistically get, even at this price?

- Madueke is young, inconsistent, has had a season littered with injuries and unproven in the major leagues.

- Tsygankov has only played in Ukraine. Will a player like that settle like that in Leicester? Can they make it in the Premier League? Maybe, but it's a risk.

- Ouattra has only burst onto the scene this year. Could be great, but for a player expected to make an impact immediately, there would be doubts.

Ric Flair and I have put some other names out there we could go for, but I can't think of too many better. Ricardo Horta of Braga could be one, who has been consistent for a while, but he's older. Gonzalez is just 24. Maybe Robert Skov on Denmark who is the same age would be another option I could think of. He's got a great shot on him and good at set pieces, but not really a dribbler or ball carrier.

im afraid not

alvarez shone in the wc and lautaro plays well aside from scoring

Got to be 

Lautaro Messi/Dybala Alvarez

I wont be surprised if Dybala is played on the winger positions too 
And it could also be 442, Lo Celso added backed to the MF too

Nico is the sub winger 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Some thoughts from fans on Reddit

"Especially first half of the season he missed a lot of games due to heel inflammation (don't know the proper name in english) and it was very frustrating cause he would sit out games out of the blue, like on thursdays he was match fit and the very next day he wouldn't be on the squad list. also most fans felt like he rested a lot to be ready for the world cup and that led to some hate towards him, but he's honestly our very best player and the only capable of scoring/creating kinda consistently."

"Last year he was great and miraculously healthy the entire season. This season though, he struggled a lot with injuries but he just came back and scored a winner vs sassuolo. We would be beyond stupid to sell him now."

"Gosh his debut for the NT... what a time to be alive. Late at 2am in the night, finding random streams in the UK just to watch those qualifiers."

"He was injured the whole season, played only 7 games so far. Nothing to do with Qatar, in fact he was so injured that he didn't go.
He's also better on the left, where he plays for Argentina. No idea why Fiorentina insisted on using him on the right."

"He was good last season but from what I know they're furious with him for how he acted in the first part of the season, mentally he never was in Florence but in Qatar.."

Scaloni was furious that some players concealed their injuries after returning to the training camp only to be found that they were not up to speed. Obviously referring to Nico and Joaquin, who were both dropped before the WC. I feel sorry for them though, Nico contributed a lot in the Copa and also the WCQ, Joaquin not as much but still a regular squad player. Angel Correa, who warmed the bench in most WCQ and Copa, and Thiago Almada, who had only 1 cap, are lucky, at their expense. 

• Like 1