Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

1 minute ago, Dames said:

if we were looking to spend big

This is the bit I'm having difficulty squaring. The Fofana fund hasn't given us that much (not this year as I understand it anyway) and we have other areas that need addressing too. I find it hard to believe, after all of this talk of 'no money', that we're looking to splash what I thought was the entire pot on one player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taupe said:

This is the bit I'm having difficulty squaring. The Fofana fund hasn't given us that much (not this year as I understand it anyway) and we have other areas that need addressing too. I find it hard to believe, after all of this talk of 'no money', that we're looking to splash what I thought was the entire pot on one player. 

Unless we’re going to sell someone. 

Or, the funds are available like others have suggested and we just sat in our hands in the summer, believing others might leave, which didn’t happen. 

1 minute ago, taupe said:

Reeks of desperation to me. Feels like the club are looking to appease the manager and the fans at the same time.

I just don't feel like this is a signing that will do well - I really hope I'm wrong but yet again our scouting team have come up with another left winger for our right wing problem. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dames said:

Worried about this. Big fee, big wages, injury prone and according to Fiorentina fans he is better on the left than the right. Doesn't seem like the solution we need given all of our current issues. 

Would rather we spent 30m on Madueke if we were looking to spend big. 

£40-45m for Madueke and Chelsea are looking at him now

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

Unless we’re going to sell someone.  Or, the funds are available like others have suggested and we just sat in our hands in the summer, believing others might leave, which didn’t happen. 

True and true. I hope we not still waiting for someone to go (Cags?) and are just tire kicking with Gonzalez at the moment. We need players in and investing too much (time and money) on one player could end up shooting ourselves in the foot (again?)

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Who aren't Chelsea looking at and I think we'll end up paying more than 30m for Gonzalez as well. Madueke has a higher ceiling and resale value, would be worth the extra outlay. 

• Haha 1

I don't understand this madueke debate. The good winger at PSV has just signed for Liverpool. Nothing about his stats scream I'm going to be a great player, would purely be a punt at best

Gonzalez has a proven track record in 2 top European leagues, if he comes and we can keep him fit he's going to be a top player for us 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Personally think Chelsea would be a poor move for him, you see it time and time again and young prospect goes to a big team and flatters to deceive or doesn't get game time then drifts of into obscurity. 

Luka Jovic for example. 

I can genuinely say i have never heard of the bloke before opening this thread. 

After watching his 'highlight' reel it's hardly edge of your seat stuff lol when i read that he was a winger i was expecting someone quick and direct with fast feet. His highlights remind me of when we signed Ghezzal:facepalm:

Fingers crossed though if we do sign him then i hope he does well. 

36 minutes ago, Sly said:

Unless we’re going to sell someone. 

Or, the funds are available like others have suggested and we just sat in our hands in the summer, believing others might leave, which didn’t happen. 

I think the truth is a bit of both. The problem is nobody wants our cast offs. Brendan said there has been no offers and that's worrying.

I hope the Club learns the lesson from this fisaco. We should be paying basic salaries plus Add ons. The more a player plays and the better the team is doing the more the players earn. 

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think the truth is a bit of both. The problem is nobody wants our cast offs. Brendan said there has been no offers and that's worrying.

I hope the Club learns the lesson from this fisaco. We should be paying basic salaries plus Add ons. The more a player plays and the better the team is doing the more the players earn. 

Or said player just signs for the club playing a better basic.

You have to make offers inline with market forces

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

good luck getting your targets in then

even spurs have had to rip up that approach now

31 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Trying to get my head around this…we are close to signing an international player from Argentina, but Dave from Long Eaton isn’t happy because he has looked up the players game stats on Wikipedia and can see he is injury prone?!!  

To be fair i think Dave from Long Eaton could have seen this seasons injury crisis coming a year ago as well. There's only one clown who didn't. Maybe the answer is indeed Dave from Long Eaton on a 3 year deal

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Or said player just signs for the club playing a better basic.

You have to make offers inline with market forces

None of these players are earning anything like the money in the Premiership.

So whatever we pay them is more than they are earing currently. 

Also how are Brighton repeatedly doing it. ?

You incentivise the results that's the way forward. Then if they deliver we pick up big fees when we sell on.

I've got no idea if he's any good or not but I can't help but think if we have £30m to spend surely there is someone available who we can almost guarantee improves our team 

Not that it takes a lot to improve our right wing, but we have to get this right sided midfielder signing right this time. 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

good luck getting your targets in then

even spurs have had to rip up that approach now

Spurs are mostly signing players in a different catagory to us, at the top end.

We're not there yet, We're still at the Brighton, West Ham Fulham level. 

16 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

None of these players are earning anything like the money in the Premiership.

So whatever we pay them is more than they are earing currently. 

Also how are Brighton repeatedly doing it. ?

You incentivise the results that's the way forward. Then if they deliver we pick up big fees when we sell on.

Doing what?

We’re hardly ever happy with players we are linked with lol in the summer we were linked with Akanji, Leno and Pereira and they were slated. All of them would start for us and improve us (not Pereira if Maddison was fit) there must of been others in the summer?

• Like 1

Injury prone and poor mentality, sounds very Rodgers era signing

dont want to write him off straight away, but miss days we spent ages looking at character of a player which helped us sign Albrighton and Fuchs etc

Spunking loads of money on bloke who stopped playing for club to be fit for his national team is not the Leicester we aspire to follow 

• Like 1

Just now, Lcfc-1992 said:

We’re hardly ever happy with players we are linked with lol in the summer we were linked with Akanji, Leno and Pereira and they were slated. All of them would start for us and improve us (not Pereira if Maddison was fit) there must of been others in the summer?

All have good seasons as well.

Also, a lot of the player's people moan about us not getting in have bombed.

Football transfers are a minefield. 

26 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Spurs are mostly signing players in a different catagory to us, at the top end.

We're not there yet, We're still at the Brighton, West Ham Fulham level. 

Most decent players we try to sign will have options - they aren’t coming to us if we won’t match what snowmen else is willing to pay them 

the younger targets are always better value for money cos you pay them a lot less 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Most decent players we try to sign will have options - they aren’t coming to us if we won’t match what snowmen else is willing to pay them 

the younger targets are always better value for money cos you pay them a lot less 

Snowmen?

Are we talking cold hard cash here?

Maybe they have frozen their accounts?

:D

Edited by ElusiveEd