Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

So top dribbler but with poor progressive passing, link up play and ball retention.... does that mean he beats 2 men and runs into the 3rd and gets dispossessed?  We've got Perez for that.... excepting he does it more quickly and doesn't get past the 1st man! lol

(Btw, I'm being flippant not negative)

8 minutes ago, taupe said:

So top dribbler but with poor progressive passing, link up play and ball retention.... does that mean he beats 2 men and runs into the 3rd and gets dispossessed?  We've got Perez for that.... excepting he does it more quickly and doesn't get past the 1st man! lol

(Btw, I'm being flippant not negative)

He will look to take players on, get in to the box and shoot. He's very much like Barnes in that regard but whereas Barnes ability to beat a man has declined, Gonzalez is strong at doing so. His assists seem to be where he's created space and then applied a relatively simple pass to a player, rather than defence splitting balls like Mahrez used to wizard up for us.

• Like 3

So on a confidence scale, how are we thinking?

10 - it’s going to happen

1 - it’s a distraction technique away from everything that is wrong and it will ‘fall through at the last minute’

Me, not so sure. 

Edited by fox_favourite

Blimey he’s already on a wedge.

Fiorentina are looking for about £30million for the 24-year-old, who is believed to earn a salary of about £83,000 a week – more than any other player has ever been paid in Florence. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11632025/Leicester-accelerate-30m-Fiorentina-attacker-Nicolas-Gonzalez.html

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Blimey he’s already on a wedge.

Fiorentina are looking for about £30million for the 24-year-old, who is believed to earn a salary of about £83,000 a week – more than any other player has ever been paid in Florence. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11632025/Leicester-accelerate-30m-Fiorentina-attacker-Nicolas-Gonzalez.html

He'll want more than that to come here too so its at least 6 figures. I don't think this will happen on that basis.

Just now, Dames said:

He'll want more than that to come here too so its at least 6 figures. I don't think this will happen on that basis.

Unless we pay it.

The Argentine attacker is a priority target for the Foxes, who are prepared to make him one of the highest-paid players at the club if they can agree a fee with the Serie Aside.

18 minutes ago, enmac said:

These terms aren't too bad actually but surely he's going to have a stonking appearance fee if his wages at Fiorentina are to be believed there's no way he's taking a pay cut.

Sensible by us for a change though if that's the case because if he does end up injured we don't pay out as much. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

These terms aren't too bad actually but surely he's going to have a stonking appearance fee if his wages at Fiorentina are to be believed there's no way he's taking a pay cut.

Sensible by us for a change though if that's the case because if he does end up injured we don't pay out as much. 

I think that £83k a week in the Dailymail is a load of rubbish

The below suggests he is on €2.7m a year / €52k a week / £46k a week

https://www.violanation.com/platform/amp/fiorentina-transfer-rumors-news-reports/2021/6/23/22540468/fiorentina-nicolas-gonzalez-vfb-stuttgart-official-transfer-sign-buy-sell-fee

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

https://www.violanation.com/platform/amp/fiorentina-latest-news-updates/2022/9/30/23380844/fiorentina-salary-wage-bill-2022-2023-analysis

how on the money this is I have no clue but it says he’s on €1.8m a year which would sound about right to me for a team outside the big hitters in Italy