Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

Nico Gonzalez advances to Leicester, but for the white smoke there are still some details missing. The first, certainly not negligible, is the definitive ok of Commisso, in Florence these days.

The parties will update on Monday, also to resolve the issue related to the percentage of the solidarity contribution, set at 5%. A considerable figure when compared to Leicester's offer, of around EUR 34 million.

The English club has presented an official offer to the purple club for a few days, which will make a final decision in the coming days. If Nico Gonzalez were to leave Florence, the violas could turn to Brekalo, the first idea to replace him.”

Edited by LestaLad
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That is a serious indicator of this guys quality. Brekalo himself would have been a good signing, a proven player who is versatile and technically gifted. He’d probably be around the 20-25m mark. We’ve gone for the level above that. 

Every transfer is a risk but this is the most exciting signing since Tielemans by far. 

I don't think he would cost that much. Isn't he out of contract in 6 months? 

12 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I don't think he would cost that much. Isn't he out of contract in 6 months? 

Yeah you are right, he is. Maybe we should have gone for him after all lol

(Brekalo is right footed only, so would be more of a stand in for Barnes than the counterpart to him on the other side). 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

What’s a solidarity bonus?

5% of the fee goes to the clubs that helped develop the player !!  So that would be back in Argentina and also presumably stuttgart. I suspect there is always haggling over how much of the 5% comes from the fee and how much has to be paid by the purchaser 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Can anyone confirm whether he's any good or not. Cant say I've ever heard of him or seen him play but I don't watch Italian football? Is he a right winger or a left winger who can play on the right?

From what I've read, Fiorentina fans seem to think he is better on the left but his goal contributions per game seem much better on the right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJQuik said:

Can't help but think that the only reason people are saying Madueke would be better is because he's English.

...not necessarily so!!!

I am not convinced about Gonzalez and the perception is that Madueke will be £40-45m, but he is an out and out Right Winger as opposed to Gonzalez who appears to do most if his work centrally or coming from the left of the field. 

I do not think Madueke is worth £45m at this moment,  he has not hit the heights that he had previously, and as you can see, injury has a habit of taking away a good percentage of your output, and you are never quite the same. I  feel he should be £25m , £30m at the maximum.

Versatility is all very well, but we need someone who is a Right Winger first and last.

1 hour ago, Reginaldo said:

What’s a solidarity bonus?

It’s a Mafia phrase.  Basically no one leaves without a 5% cut going to the ‘family’.   Ruddioni will sort this out.!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Can anyone confirm whether he's any good or not. Cant say I've ever heard of him or seen him play but I don't watch Italian football? Is he a right winger or a left winger who can play on the right?

We could do worse. ;)

42C3D127-C7C5-4ED8-A69E-F12AD0C16C17.jpeg

358554AA-1988-4687-AF9B-9C8CB47E9232.jpeg

11 minutes ago, The_77 said:

We could do worse. ;)

42C3D127-C7C5-4ED8-A69E-F12AD0C16C17.jpeg

358554AA-1988-4687-AF9B-9C8CB47E9232.jpeg

Second time you have posted this, being part of a team or squad to win a trophy doesn’t really speak volumes for individual talent.

There are plenty of examples of premier league players that have won various competitions at international level and been underwhelming. 
Here is one you may recall 

image.jpeg.610d52660693500e474c2d0d07817135.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Second time you have posted this, being part of a team or squad to win a trophy doesn’t really speak volumes for individual talent.

There are plenty of examples of premier league players that have won various competitions at international level and been underwhelming. 

Lies, every player on every squad that ever won a trophy is a world beater! C’mon, man, it was a tongue in cheek post, nobody needs you to explain that point. lol

If you noticed the photos I’d posted, then you may have seen what I’ve said about Gonzalez as a player in this very same thread. 

I won’t say any signing is a guarantee but Gonzalez is a helluva player who ticks a lot of empty boxes for us right now. 

24 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Adrien Silva did seem like a great signing at the time, tbf. If only we’d known he’d forget how to complete a pass to any of his teammates  lol

Edited by The_77
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The_77 said:

Adrien Silva did seem like a great signing at the time, tbf. If only we’d known he’d forget how to complete a pass to any of his teammates  lol

To be fair he didn't have a problem passing to a teammate, it was more that they were 5 yard passes sideways and backwards. He wasn't a progressive passer of the ball, and added nothing to our team.

9 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I think most of us at this stage are going on the fact he’s Argentinian and has a Z in his name. Before he’s kicked a ball for us those exotic (in football terms) are promising! 

46 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I think most of us at this stage are going on the fact he’s Argentinian and has a Z in his name. Before he’s kicked a ball for us those exotic (in football terms) are promising! 

Most Argentinian players have a tendancy to be masters of shitehousery and have a nasty streak too.  Something we completely lack, and that attribute will be a welcome addition to our squad if he does indeed possess those.

• Like 1