Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

26 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

If we do sign this guy I see him playing predominantly on the left when Maddison is fit. Barnes is 

badly out of form and needs to be taken out of the starting 11.

...so when Barnes is back on form where does this guy play!!!

If we play him on the left are we still shoehorning Maddison on the right?

1 hour ago, Spiritwalker said:

If we do sign this guy I see him playing predominantly on the left when Maddison is fit. Barnes is 

badly out of form and needs to be taken out of the starting 11.

It would be so Leicester to sign and play him as a left winger over the right. 

I wonder when we sold Mahrez, the club got confused and instead of retiring his number, they retired his RW position instead. 

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It would be so Leicester to sign and play him as a left winger over the right. 

I wonder when we sold Mahrez, the club got confused and instead of retiring his number, they retired his RW position instead. 

Rightly or wrongly I think the thinking of the recruitment team with this transfer will be if we are going to spend 30-40M on a player if that player can also comfortably play both wingers and attacking midfield it adds extra options and cover more gaps that just being a right wing, rightly or wrongly

Just now, FoxOnWheels said:

Rightly or wrongly I think the thinking of the recruitment team with this transfer will be if we are going to spend 30-40M on a player if that player can also comfortably play both wingers and attacking midfield it adds extra options and cover more gaps that just being a right wing, rightly or wrongly

I get that and I like his versatility, however, it would not surprise me if he starts at LW and we still after all these transfer windows, have not solved the RW issue. 

Someone said he has played a fair few games as RW though, so hope dies last! 

On 13/01/2023 at 20:06, Dames said:

Worried about this. Big fee, big wages, injury prone and according to Fiorentina fans he is better on the left than the right. Doesn't seem like the solution we need given all of our current issues. 

Would rather we spent 30m on Madueke if we were looking to spend big. 

Is he still coming though now that we are likely to relegate? Or a relegation clause will be needed?

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Again, his career numbers show no wide gap in his production playing on the right versus the left.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

On the right of a 4 2 3 1 or 4 3 3 with Madders in the 10/advance midfielder role like we used to play, although that might be too positive for Rodgers now

19 minutes ago, marbles said:

If he comes here, id like to see him on the left for a game or two - might be what Barnes needs to realize he is replaceable, and get his head out of his a$$.

Maybe Barnes could do with a manager who could put his arm around his shoulder and get him back on track , but where would we fine one of those 🥴🤔

31 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

To be honest, I think Barnes needs someone to put a rocket up his arse, and stress to him that he is at a crossroad, where he can be a top level player, with a possible international call up in the future, if he sorts his shite out, or he can just be a name forever forgotten in the footballing wasteland.

Fully agree 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

I don’t think this one will happen.

It said on the radio the other day that we have had a bid turned down, and that the player isn’t really convinced either.

Not a promising start.

No I think it unlikely too. I think we've pretty much put in our top bid in any case.

34 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

It said on the radio the other day that we have had a bid turned down, and that the player isn’t really convinced either.

Not a promising start.

What radio station is this? The top Italian journalists say personal terms are agreed, transfer fee is being negotiated. Also, Fiorentina are lining up Brekalo to replace him. 

Understand we’re feeling negative after the rubbish performance yesterday but this is more advanced than you suggest. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Not a promising start.

Yet everywhere else saying he’s agreed terms it’s just the price with fiorentina needs to be done?

• Like 1

I predict he signs for a reported £30m, within less than a year he is rocking up to our first game of the league season at Plymouth, the crowd boos him, and fans have started calling him Ayoze. He starts to wonder if the pay rise was worth throwing his career away for. 

14 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Can't see why he'd want to come here tbh.

If he's watched any of our games this season need be a fool to want to join this team.

1. More money/longer contract and more security than he currently has. 

2. We have won some games this season including including a couple 4 nil. So that's not strictly true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

To be honest, I think Barnes needs someone to put a rocket up his arse, and stress to him that he is at a crossroad, where he can be a top level player, with a possible international call up in the future, if he sorts his shite out, or he can just be a name forever forgotten in the footballing wasteland.

...I  think he knows that himself!!!

When a player can so easily be desuaded, from taking on a Fullback because that Fullback is as quick as he is, then you can see that his temperament is not a strong one. Barking at him and berating him on the pitch is not going to help.

Tough love results in two responses, you try to prove the detractor wrong or you end up going into yourself. He needs encouragement, little incentives on the pitch where we ask for an assist in the first half and one in the second is his goal for the game. Just change the way he approaches what he has to do,  the onus will be on the striker not down to him.