Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

10 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Rightly or wrongly I think the thinking of the recruitment team with this transfer will be if we are going to spend 30-40M on a player if that player can also comfortably play both wingers and attacking midfield it adds extra options and cover more gaps that just being a right wing, rightly or wrongly

Get the feeling he will effectively be replacing Maddison for when we sell him in the summer

36 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Get the feeling he will effectively be replacing Maddison for when we sell him in the summer

I think this as well but that would be suicide if/when he gets injured and we become screwed in both positions (unless we spend more on another no.10 as well as him which is what is needed imo)

1 minute ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I can’t see him joining, we are in complete freefall

He would join if we offer him more money than anybody else. That appears to be what our past business plan was. I seriously doubt whether we can do that now.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think fee will be agreed by Tuesday.

That's a relief, thanks.

Any news on Kristiansen? It's starting to get very late in the window now and there are almost zero rumours.

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

That's a relief, thanks.

Any news on Kristiansen? It's starting to get very late in the window now and there are almost zero rumours.

Kristiansen was interestingly not in their squad today due to illness...

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Not keen on this signing now. Shouldn’t be making big money/wages signings now. Any signings should have an eye on the Championship. Younger, hungry players who can help us back up.

I don’t agree with this but I think we are totally screwed if we go down. Our side would struggle against a lot of sides in the championship at the moment and we’d be losing our best 4/5 players. 

we’d be starting vestergarde, ward an ancient albrighton. Vardy on crutches. and largely regretting not letting luke thomas get his experience in the championship in before we needed him to have it. 

Id rather not think about that so it’s important we go for the best players we can and prevent us falling to that 

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t agree with this but I think we are totally screwed if we go down. Our side would struggle against a lot of sides in the championship at the moment and we’d be losing our best 4/5 players. 

we’d be starting vestergarde, ward an ancient albrighton. Vardy on crutches. and largely regretting not letting luke thomas get his experience in the championship in before we needed him to have it. 

Id rather not think about that so it’s important we go for the best players we can and prevent us falling to that 

I may have been a bit drastic in my wording but my points stands. 

This seems like an expensive luxury signing, not the kind that has helped us with previous success. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t expect him to make much of an impact on the pitch and our fortunes in battling relegation once any positive traits have been coached out of him.

I suppose he probably wouldn’t stick around in the Championship in which case would we just lose money on him anyway?

I feel more positive about the Danish left back as he is a better profile for us. This just seems like it would create more problems than it would solve.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I may have been a bit drastic in my wording but my points stands. 

This seems like an expensive luxury signing, not the kind that has helped us with previous success. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t expect him to make much of an impact on the pitch and our fortunes in battling relegation once any positive traits have been coached out of him.

I suppose he probably wouldn’t stick around in the Championship in which case would we just lose money on him anyway?

I feel more positive about the Danish left back as he is a better profile for us. This just seems like it would create more problems than it would solve.

I think we are so much in the muck right now that we do need to roll the dice though. If he’s the best we can get, we get him and pay the extra.  I’d feel uneasy with a rough diamond at this point as we have no goals in the team until maddison returns or barnes remembers he’s a footballer. 

There’s no argument from anyone that he’d not improve us… and that’s all that matters. if his contributions wins us 3 games that could be enough to keep us in the league… that’s worth more than 30m 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Not keen on this signing now. Shouldn’t be making big money/wages signings now. Any signings should have an eye on the Championship. Younger, hungry players who can help us back up.

Shite mentality let’s avoid the championship in the first place before thinking about getting promoted from it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

daft lad. Who gives up in January? Wouldn’t have made  the great escape with you in charge.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

: The possibility that Nico Gonzalez will leave Fiorentina during the January transfer market is becoming more and more concrete.  As reported by Corriere Fiorentino Leicester would have reached an agreement with the player (a contract until 2027 worth 4 million net per season) and would also like to close with the purple club.  The distance between supply and demand is around 5 million, basically what belongs to the clubs where Gonzalez played as a solidarity contribution.  In short, Commisso asks to reach 40 million, thus allowing the club to collect 35. To replace him, the name on pole remains Brekalo, also keep an eye on Bamba and Karlsson.

• Thanks 1