Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

Guest nathan.
Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We're mental if we don't. Unless you think it's a good idea to be stuck paying someone £100kpw in the Championship?

But you risk paying £30m plus wages for him playing half a season?

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We're mental if we don't. Unless you think it's a good idea to be stuck paying someone £100kpw in the Championship?

We have to think positive. We need to improve the squad to stay up. If we don't is there any point in increasing the ground capacity?

42 minutes ago, MPH said:

daft lad. Who gives up in January? Wouldn’t have made  the great escape with you in charge.

The manager and players have given up so there’s hardly anything to be positive about on or off the pitch! 

And I explained you point after the post you quoted. I don’t think it is a good idea to spaff so much and so much on wages in our position.

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

The manager and players have given up so there’s hardly anything to be positive about on or off the pitch! 

And I explained you point after the post you quoted. I don’t think it is a good idea to spaff so much and so much on wages in our position.

then change the manager? 

14 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Realism. I think expecting to bounce straight back is a fairly positive mentality to be fair!

It’s not quite realism at this stage it’s very real concern but it’s not like we’re cut adrift and in the relegation zone, couple good signings and we can definitely finishes above 3 sides

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

then change the manager? 

Been wanting that for well over 18 months mate. Just looks more and more like it won’t happen. To be fair, I think there’s enough in the squad that if we changed managers we’d be ok this season. Would need a lot of work to not end up the next Everton but it’d be a start. Just a shame how long he’s been given and my lack of optimism is because I can’t see him getting the boot.

6 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

It’s not quite realism at this stage it’s very real concern but it’s not like we’re cut adrift and in the relegation zone, couple good signings and we can definitely finishes above 3 sides

I just think it only goes one way the longer BR is here. Other sides seem to have gotten their acts together and it’s so close but not in a good way for us. 

Re Gonzalez. It just makes me nervous that I dont think he is the fix of the problems and it’s a big wage to get lumbered with if we go down or we lose money on him if he jumps ship.

Hopefully we stay up of course and he proves a great signing.

3 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I just think it only goes one way the longer BR is here. Other sides seem to have gotten their acts together and it’s so close but not in a good way for us. 

Re Gonzalez. It just makes me nervous that I dont think he is the fix of the problems and it’s a big wage to get lumbered with if we go down or we lose money on him if he jumps ship.

Hopefully we stay up of course and he proves a great signing.

I understand your worry think everyone is concerned, my take on it is I don’t necessarily think who the signings are are that key within reason obviously need to be at a certain standard but I think it will freshen the place up, give us more and different options and hopefully have players having to perform to keep there place

• Like 2

FIORENTINA: ‘NICO GONZALEZ AND AMRABAT ARE NOT FOR SALE’

Jan 15, 2023 19:30 - by Susy Campanale - Leave a Comment

Fiorentina director Joe Barone assures Sofyan Amrabat and Nico Gonzalez ‘are not for sale, end of story’ amid reports of January offers from Liverpool, Atletico Madrid and Leicester City.

The Viola face Roma at the Stadio Olimpico at 19.45 GMT.

You can follow all the build-up and action as it happens from today’s five Serie A games on the LIVEBLOG.

Serie A Wk18 Liveblog inc Atalanta-Salernitana, Roma-Fiorentina

The build-up to the match was dominated by transfer speculation, both around Viola winger Nico Gonzalez with the approach from Leicester City and the tension around Nicolò Zaniolo being jeered by the Giallorossi supporters.

Gonzalez is on the bench this evening, while Zaniolo is not in the squad due to a stomach bug.

“This is an enormous game and the whole world is watching. It’s an opportunity for Fiorentina to play an important match and get a result,” Barone told DAZN.

Barone was asked specifically about Liverpool and Atletico Madrid transfer target Amrabat and also Argentina international Nico Gonzalez, who is the subject of a €30m offer from Leicester City.

“I would say we have planned the whole season and I can confirm both players are not for sale, end of story. The President said it before, I am confirming it tonight, Amrabat and Gonzalez are not for sale.

“Gonzalez is recovering, he’s training well, scored in the last match, we are happy with his progress and are happy with the whole team.”

There were reports that Gonzalez had agreed personal terms with Leicester, but Fiorentina have no intention of parting with the winger.

Leicester target deemed ‘expendable’ for right offer – Foxes may only need €1m more

By Sean Lunt -15th January 2023

Fiorentina will be willing to sell forward Nico Gonzalez to Leicester City this month if they receive a €35m offer.

That’s according to Gazzetta dello Sport, who say the Italian side have marked the forward as ‘expendable for the cause’ if the right price is offered.

Leicester are keen to add to their squad this month, with Brendan Rodgers reportedly targeting a fast wide player to bolster his forward options.

Gonzalez has emerged as a target over the last week, with several reports in Italy stating that they are pushing to try and make a deal happen.

Indeed it was claimed yesterday that the Foxes had put a €34m offer on the table and Fiorentina were seriously considering accepting it.

Gazzetta dello Sport follow that up today, stating that the Italian side’s intention had been to keep Gonzalez after a summit following the World Cup.

The problem is the series of injury issues that have plagued him of late, and saw him miss the tournament in Qatar as a result.

They ‘do not give optimism’ for the future and, as a result, Fiorentina are willing to consider a sale. If a €35m offer were to be made, Gonzalez would be considered ‘expendable for the cause’.

That means, then, Leicester may just be €1m short of hitting the magic figure needed to convince the Serie A side into a sale if they have indeed lodged a €34m bid.

The reality is, though, that the player is very much a target and the belief in Italy is that he will be involved in a potential departure this month.