Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

We’ve seen how these type of transfers unfold to be fair and I guess it all hinges on the player kicking up a stink and making some noise to try and force the move… can’t imagine he’ll be to happy seeing a move to the prem with him doubling his wages being blocked

27 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Bants

Our scouting team has been so good at finding top talents (for the most part) over previous years that I'm starting to think other teams just wait to see who we're linked with and go all out for them :rolleyes:

Repubblica in Italy is behind a paywall but FosseWay are suggesting it says they're awaiting a new bid from us: https://www.repubblica.it/sport/calcio/mercato/2023/01/16/news/mercato_juventus_holm_roma_schuurs_nico_gonzalez_leicester-383771511/?rss&ref=tws

They're playing hard ball, leaking other parties' interests to get us to pay up or shut up. You can understand their position

23 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

What because I don’t think we should be chucking £30mill odd and probably not far off another £100k pw on the wage bill?

...we have chased Trincao and Berardi, and Madueke with the price constantly going up!!!

They never came and we may just be on another wild goose chase at this moment. 

I want to see players coming in, we do not have to go gung-ho at another shiny object. Other clubs have picked up quality players for less than half the fees we were looking to splash out.

Let us get back to proper scouting.

• Like 2

It's 100% clear that this fella will not be being shuffled through East Midlands Airport any time soon. He's a big asset for Fiorentina and at least 5 or 6 clubs are after versatile wide forwards. 

If i didn't know better i'd think King Power think that relegation is a better way to reinvent the squad and get out of current contracts penalty free (including the managers) than staying up is. It would appear our transfer policy is aimed solely at the purpose of achieving relegation as soon as possible. There are champo clubs spending more than Leicester and we've been in the Prem solidly for 10 years, Europe for 3 of them and won 3 trophies.......beggars belief that we could be in a worse financial position, relative to our premier league competitors, at the end of that period of success than at the start of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

Our scouting team has been so good at finding top talents (for the most part) over previous years that I'm starting to think other teams just wait to see who we're linked with and go all out for them :rolleyes:

That has been the story for the last few seasons, lots of connections, but Short on delivering

54 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Repubblica in Italy is behind a paywall but FosseWay are suggesting it says they're awaiting a new bid from us: https://www.repubblica.it/sport/calcio/mercato/2023/01/16/news/mercato_juventus_holm_roma_schuurs_nico_gonzalez_leicester-383771511/?rss&ref=tws

They're playing hard ball, leaking other parties' interests to get us to pay up or shut up. You can understand their position

These Italian teams are hilarious, plead poverty to take a 20 million pound player on loan with an option to buy that they will never pay but will take anyone to the cleaners for one of their players

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

If we're getting outbid by Bournemouth and Leeds, we have no chance against the Saudi government. If this is true, best look at other options.

Sadly this is becoming a very relevant part of the Premier League today. Teams awash with money can outspend us. Personally I don't want our team to become another sports washing project but it's becoming increasingly clear that's the only way to compete :angry:

I know we need players but £30m for this guy is prob £10m too much.. never mind having to go more than £30m to actually get him..

over 2 weeks in to the window and we are a million miles it seems from getting any one in…

in our desperate situation with shit players and injuries we ought to have a couple in already..

• Like 3

We could spend money if we hadn't overspent on wages. Praet, Perez, Mendy, Ward, Vestergaard, Bertrand etc have been on far too much as squad players. They've not even played 10% of available minutes over the course of their contracts.

We're a top 25 revenue club in the world, the TV money and (massive) sales are more than enough for us to compete but our transfers activity has been shit. Congerton shouldn't have been allowed in the building.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Not sure on the credibility of this, suggests Fiorentina want Boga as Gonzalez' replacement lol

https://www.90min.com/posts/leicester-edging-closer-to-deal-for-fiorentina-forward

Personal Terms agreed, Ive just dribbled a little bit reading that. Then again Id take Jimmy Krankie at the minute or Nicola Sturgeon.....wait....