Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

12 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Doesnt look that bad to me? Barnes numbers but on the opposite wing. Theres been enough bids for him over the last few years so im not sure ‘theres a reason hes still at Watford’ really cuts it tbh

A8F1E5EA-10B7-4542-A785-478B9C450C44.png

Thats your opinion, and that's fair enough. I maintain that in my opinion, if he was any good he wouldn't still be at Watford. Also in my opinion of watching him numerous times, Championship is about his level. Maybe if we go down he might be an option, but even then, I wouldn't be for it myself  

15 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Doesnt look that bad to me? Barnes numbers but on the opposite wing. Theres been enough bids for him over the last few years so im not sure ‘theres a reason hes still at Watford’ really cuts it tbh

A8F1E5EA-10B7-4542-A785-478B9C450C44.png

Barnes numbers but 2 of his 4 seasons are in the Championship don't forget. He's got about 10 goals and 6 assists in 2 seasons in the PL and I think the lad takes penalties. I'm torn on him. I'd certainly baulk at anything over £20m.

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

I know but even then Barnes has 52 goal involvements in 130 Premier League games which is a very similar ratio to Sarrs 18 involvements in 50 games (with Sarr being in dire Watford teams) . I personally think him and Barnes flying down both wings would make us a very dangerous side

I agree. He'd improve our starting 11. But we're more likely to sign Josh Low in the next two weeks 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's at a critical point though that even if that were the case, we cannot risk waiting another 2 weeks to get the deal done. In that time we'll have played another couple of PL games and every game from now until the end of the season is monumental. 

We are a disgrace

Along with the invitable work permit delay. Would probably be mid-Feb by the time any new signings could play.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's at a critical point though that even if that were the case, we cannot risk waiting another 2 weeks to get the deal done. In that time we'll have played another couple of PL games and every game from now until the end of the season is monumental. 

We are a disgrace

Luckily the FA cup takes up one weekend in January, only the Brighton game left this month. Hopefully we can give any new signings some game time against Walsall. 

56 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I thought that about Trincao. We love a wild goose chase.

Trincao is a good comparison. I’m not super sold on Nico, looks too slow and lacks a bit of strength, but most importantly, seems to try to do too much with the ball before losing it. I think we have enough of those players for now. 

Really need some pace on the right wing to help balance Harvey and then someone who can progress it through the middle more quickly. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We are a disgrace

I agree on all counts! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We are a disgrace

Totally agree. We've seen this so many times before. At this rate we'll be revealing Matt Ritchie on loan on 31 January. 

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We are a disgrace

Only one PL game left till the window shuts. But can’t see us getting him in before Brighton on Saturday 😔

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We are a disgrace

We seem to love haggling over a few million. I get you’ve got to be frugal but we seem to take forever to do anything. 

My concern with this is that we’ve basically shown the world our financial ceiling for this window… it looks like unless we’re able to really haggle a good deal we’re going to have to break our transfer record….. 

So really, this has got to work…. Or it’s a loan move for someone rotting on a bench somewhere. 

Di Marzio just tweeted Fiorentina have rejected our final offer and we'll be moving onto other targets. So basically we've wasted a week of the transfer window trying to negotiate when it was obvious we'd never be able to pay what they wanted. If we aren't able to get a RW in time before the window closes because of this then Rudkin needs to be sacked on the spot.

With Ouattara and Tsygankov already on the move, our only hope now is that we can get Madueke for £30m and hope his injury problems are behind him.

Translation of the Di Marzio article for anyone keen to fully acquaint themselves with the misery:

"Nico Gonzalez remains in Florence. After Joe Barone's [their General Manager] words before the match against Roma, Leicester presented a new offer in the last hours, but Fiorentina said no. The English club has given up the purchase of the 1998-born Argentine and will focus on other targets. Recall that Leicester had initially presented an offer of around 30 million pounds (around 34 million euros) to Fiorentina."

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, foxesfan98 said:

Di Marzio just tweeted Fiorentina have rejected our final offer and we'll be moving onto other targets. So basically we've wasted a week of the transfer window trying to negotiate when it was obvious we'd never be able to pay what they wanted. If we aren't able to get a RW in time before the window closes because of this then Rudkin needs to be sacked on the spot.

With Ouattara and Tsygankov already on the move, our only hope now is that we can get Madueke for £30m and hope his injury problems are behind him.

i’d be so uneasy with Madueke for that price…