Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

I wonder now if this will accelerate our move for a LB. 

Given this signing would have been our biggest outlay, we may have been waiting to see what budget we had remaining for a LB, and potentially a CB.

Not saying that's the right thing but wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is either a smokescreen or we are being used as a stalking horse  via agents to secure a better price for Fiorentina and Gonzalez from interested parties. 

most of our transfer business is done pretty much under the radar and very rarely is played out in the media, the only deal I can really remember that ended up out in the open for a considerable amount of time in advance of us securing a deal was Fofana and that was because St Etienne wanted to play hardball. 

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

I wonder now if this will accelerate our move for a LB. 

Given this signing would have been our biggest outlay, we may have been waiting to see what budget we had remaining for a LB, and potentially a CB.

Not saying that's the right thing but wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. 

I thought about this too but I don't think the club will make the same mistake again by not being able to bring in a winger / attacker. They've seen just how toothless we are since we've returned from the World Cup. 

I think we have about £45m to spend, which should be plenty to get 3-4 in.

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought about this too but I don't think the club will make the same mistake again by not being able to bring in a winger / attacker. They've seen just how toothless we are since we've returned from the World Cup. 

I'm just wondering if we could get half (2) of them on loan I.e. RW and LB. I'm personally edgy on signing perm especially RW and LB and a loan to buy for these slots to see how they bond into the team give them the impetus to work hard instead of cashing in on a signing on fee and fat salary. The CB isn't as much of a problem if we buy a young, cheaper player with hunger. If we can get a CM/n.10 that would be great but if we did I figure we'd need to cough up for an experienced player that might cost some decent cash. 

All of these is a financial nightmare. Time is of the essence and the luxury of waiting until the summer transfer window isn't practical either I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Without Madders and KDH we seem to be comprehensively  toothless in all areas of the pitch!

I still believe there's life in the old Vardy yet, but, again, the supply wasn't there - and, of course, the two creators weren't there to feed him. Wouldn't a transfer in find it even more difficult to integrate successfully into a demotivated and injury stricken team?

Iheanacho needs to build up confidence by being given starts - he's no impact sub.

But back to the point - the defence is still the priority for me. £30m spent on finding a partner for Faes and an interim left side defender could get us out of the mire. Luke Thomas is suffering a crisis of confidence atm and needs building up again. Ward is no substitute for Schmeichel but he's adequate - as much as is possible now.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

@kingfox for £15m Romain Faivre has to be pound for pound the most sensible target? Or Angelo Gabriel but we'd never dare.

As I said the other week, in terms of realistic targets nobody screams out as a “must have”.

Just like Brentford have done with Schade, a loan with option to buy might be our best bet.

Options are a bit limited though. Faivre, Elanga, Pellistri could fall into that category, but they hardly whet the appetite. 

Or like you say, we take a punt in the South American market.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NasPb said:

ABUKHLALL!!!! 

He'd cost £20-25m. I'd be very keen but I'm just looking at players who ARE available. Toulouse won't want to sell Aboukhlal yet, they only signed him in the summer. I'm nervous of us getting in to a bidding war in a notoriously difficult window with less than 2 weeks to go.

Aboukhlal would be in my top 3 otherwise.

• Like 1

I'd be tapping up Man City and asking if we can have Cole Palmer till the end of the season. Left footed and can play off the right. Would be a fairly cheap option, low risk and almost certainly an improvement on anyone else we could play there.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I'd be tapping up Man City and asking if we can have Cole Palmer till the end of the season. Left footed and can play off the right. Would be a fairly cheap option, low risk and almost certainly an improvement on anyone else we could play there.

Don't see them letting him go, Carlos Borges or Oscar Bobb they would though.

6 hours ago, 1884Man said:

Why are the trying to sign injury prone players. How dumb.

Yes, let's make sure to only sign players who have never been injured. I'm sure the scouting team can put a few of those deals together in the next week

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Do you not think? He should be guaranteed starts and would be playing somewhat a variation of the way that Man City play (albeit with much less gusto and ability). Seems like a win win for Man City to accelerate his progression

I'd definitely be trying to dip into the loan market from bigger clubs though. Either that or take a punt on a youngster performing seriously well a tier below us that'd be cheapish to buy and be on low wages. The idea of spending 30-40 million on someone who might not even be that good for us is quite a sickening thought for me.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair, I like the look of these 2 lads as well.

These are the types of lads I expected us to be picking up when we moved into Seagrave. 

• Like 1