Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Report here that Gonzalez and his advisers want the move and pushing Leicester to bid more but we'll have to pay 45.5 million euros to get Fiorentina to agree a deal! 

https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/fiorentina-gli-agenti-di-gonzalez-sicuri-se-il-leicester-offrira-oltre-45-5-mln-commisso-trattera-1780623

Christ. How much are we offering him a week?

This one could very well happen the Italians are just trying to squeeze every last drop out of us. Hope we stick to our guns despite what Newcastle rumor to do.

when the Geordie’s bugger off and we’re the last man standing they’ll sell him to us. I fear it could go to the wire this one.

15 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

Fkn hell if we're throwing about this much money, why are we not looking into a proper GK replacement??

I reckon a RW/CB/LB are a much higher priority. It'd be nice if ward was dropped for Iverson but I can't imagine BR dropping him just to save face.

I don't really watch Italian football, so not seen anything of this guy. Is he worth the price tag being quoted? Based on this valuation I hope he goes on to become an 80m to 100m pound player and not a perez. It seems a lot of money when we didn't have any to sign lookman etc in the summer.

14 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I reckon a RW/CB/LB are a much higher priority. It'd be nice if ward was dropped for Iverson but I can't imagine BR dropping him just to save face.

Iversen is not the answer …….we need a new keeper……clean sheets will gain us more points than a winger imo ……rather loan a winger and get a proper no.1…

2 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Iversen is not the answer …….we need a new keeper……clean sheets will gain us more points than a winger imo ……rather loan a winger and get a proper no.1…

I agree we need a new keeper but in reality it's at the back of the queue with more important positions.

14 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Given that this bloke is playing in Serie A is in his mid twenties and plays for Argentina , £30 million is a ridiculously low offer. I would imagine that is just twitter garbage.

I can guarantee you if the boot was on the other foot, Italian clubs would be offering less. If he transferred to another Italian team as well the fee wouldn't be more than £30-35m, he's a good player but not exceptional at this stage.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I can guarantee you if the boot was on the other foot, Italian clubs would be offering less. If he transferred to another Italian team as well the fee wouldn't be more than £30-35m, he's a good player but not exceptional at this stage.

This club would demand £50 million for Harvey Barnes. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, foxesfan98 said:

Di Marzio just tweeted Fiorentina have rejected our final offer and we'll be moving onto other targets. So basically we've wasted a week of the transfer window trying to negotiate when it was obvious we'd never be able to pay what they wanted. If we aren't able to get a RW in time before the window closes because of this then Rudkin needs to be sacked on the spot.

With Ouattara and Tsygankov already on the move, our only hope now is that we can get Madueke for £30m and hope his injury problems are behind him.

...can't see Fiorentina getting the price that they are after!!!

He will go for a lesser price. You have to go into these deals with a ceiling and be prepared to walk away if you can see you are getting played.If the player wishes to come here, he will more than likely agitate to leave, and that puts his current club in a position where other clubs are not going to try to outbid each other, as likely price will start to drop.

So that is Trincao, Madueke,  Berardi and Tete, that we failed to bring in. We need to be more ruthless and insist that deals are locked prior to the windows being open. We bought early in the window under Pearson, be prepared to walk away, don't waste time and get into an auction, we tend to lose.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...can't see Fiorentina getting the price that they are after!!!

He will go for a lesser price. You have to give int these deals with a ceiling and be prepared to walk away if you can see you are getting played.If the player wishes to come here, he will more than likely agitate to leave and that puts his current club in a position where other clubs are not going to try to outbid each other, as the likely price will start to drop.

So that is Trincao, Madueke,  Berardi and Tete, that we failed to bring in. We need to be more ruthless and insist that deals are locked prior to the windows being open. We bought early in the window under Pearson, be prepared to walk away, don't waste time and get into an auction, we tend to lose.

Why would anyone agree to that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

This club would demand £50 million for Harvey Barnes. 

Yes because the PL is the wealthiest league in the world. As I said, if Italian clubs were coming for a winger from us they'd not offer more than £30m and although we'd say no it is what it is. Likewise if Juventus came in for him they'd not pay more than £30m, only in exceptional circumstances do players from medium clubs in Serie A transfer for massive transfers and Gonzalez isn't at that level.