Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SickoDicko

Manchester United Away Sunday 19th Feb 14:00

10 hours ago, Aroberts123 said:

any pre game pub suggestions?

Was wondering the same, I'm making a weekend of it and stopping over so will probably have a pint at Sinclair's Oyster Bar before heading towards the ground. Used to be a great pub a few years back but no idea what it's like now!

12 minutes ago, BrianBeane said:

Was wondering the same, I'm making a weekend of it and stopping over so will probably have a pint at Sinclair's Oyster Bar before heading towards the ground. Used to be a great pub a few years back but no idea what it's like now!

Just make sure you don't go into their sister pub, the Blue Oyster Bar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

My advice would be to watch it in the pub 

Wouldn’t disagree with that. I know off a mate that United tickets are hard to come by unless you are a member or your willing to pay mega bucks. You can get them on the official website now, but no cheaper than £150 a ticket. I would assume they are hospitality of some kind but seems a rip off to be honest 

18 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Wouldn’t disagree with that. I know off a mate that United tickets are hard to come by unless you are a member or your willing to pay mega bucks. You can get them on the official website now, but no cheaper than £150 a ticket. I would assume they are hospitality of some kind but seems a rip off to be honest 

He’s coming from the states for this game. Cough up and watch it live would be my advice. Not like he can come back every other week for live football 

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

He’s coming from the states for this game. Cough up and watch it live would be my advice. Not like he can come back every other week for live football 

This is where I’m kinda at. Just figure I’m gonna have to wear no colors and keep quiet during the match. Not sure if that kinda kills the experience not being able to enjoy the match with other foxes but if we get a good result then maybe that makes it worth it. Thoughts?

32 minutes ago, TexasMatt said:

This is where I’m kinda at. Just figure I’m gonna have to wear no colors and keep quiet during the match. Not sure if that kinda kills the experience not being able to enjoy the match with other foxes but if we get a good result then maybe that makes it worth it. Thoughts?

I wasn’t saying don’t sit with the home fans mate, you do what’s best for you.. they are available now but I wouldn’t leave it too much longer before making a decision.. or take the risk and wait until Saturday evening on here to see if there are anyone selling. Sometimes people drop out last minute 

32 minutes ago, TexasMatt said:

If I were you I would pay what it takes to get into the ground one way or another. £150 is barely a night in an adequate hotel with a decent breaky. You obviously can’t wear colours or let on you’re supporting city. Up to you of course but there’s no way I’d go to Manchester to watch a game in a pub 

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

1 hour ago, MS0204 said:

I wasn’t saying don’t sit with the home fans mate, you do what’s best for you.. they are available now but I wouldn’t leave it too much longer before making a decision.. or take the risk and wait until Saturday evening on here to see if there are anyone selling. Sometimes people drop out last minute 

Thanks for the advice! Figure I’m gonna pull the trigger on a pair and just stay quiet where we sit and not wear colors.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

If I were you I would pay what it takes to get into the ground one way or another. £150 is barely a night in an adequate hotel with a decent breaky. You obviously can’t wear colours or let on you’re supporting city. Up to you of course but there’s no way I’d go to Manchester to watch a game in a pub 

Yup. Def wouldn’t go up there just to watch at a pub. Thank you for the comments on what to do / not do. 

2 hours ago, TexasMatt said:

I just don’t understand the enjoyment of keeping quiet during the match and sitting with the home fans. Also, when you don’t celebrate when Man U score you’ll be a dead giveaway.

Each to their own, but it doesn’t sound like a good day out.

Edited by phoneticerror

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

I just don’t understand the enjoyment of keeping quiet during the match and sitting with the home fans. Also, when you don’t celebrate when Man U score you’ll be a dead giveaway.

Each to their own, but it doesn’t sound like a good day out.

Yup I get that and appreciate the perspective. I’ve only ever gotten to go to 3 matches (including this past Saturday) to see the foxes and this time with my dad traveling with me and being a fox just vicariously through me it seems like checking Old Trafford off the bucket list plus getting to see them play once more maybe makes it worth it for someone who doesn’t get to come out here much. It’s either that or we stay in London and go see spurs play west ham and I try and catch our match at the pub beforehand. I can’t stand spurs so either way I’m watching a home team I can’t bring myself to cheer for. These are my options while I’m still here 🤷‍♂️

Edited by TexasMatt

9 hours ago, TexasMatt said:

Yup I get that and appreciate the perspective. I’ve only ever gotten to go to 3 matches (including this past Saturday) to see the foxes and this time with my dad traveling with me and being a fox just vicariously through me it seems like checking Old Trafford off the bucket list plus getting to see them play once more maybe makes it worth it for someone who doesn’t get to come out here much. It’s either that or we stay in London and go see spurs play west ham and I try and catch our match at the pub beforehand. I can’t stand spurs so either way I’m watching a home team I can’t bring myself to cheer for. These are my options while I’m still here 🤷‍♂️

If you’re set on going, I guarantee that a few tickets will become available on here in the next day or two. But it depends if you want to risk it and you’ll have to be pretty quick to snap them up. 

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

If you’re set on going, I guarantee that a few tickets will become available on here in the next day or two. But it depends if you want to risk it and you’ll have to be pretty quick to snap them up. 

Would likely only be able to meet at the ground since we are going to take a train from London. Do you think it would be a couple singles? Preference is for a pair but maybe beggars can’t be choosers at this point. 

4 minutes ago, TexasMatt said:

Would likely only be able to meet at the ground since we are going to take a train from London. Do you think it would be a couple singles? Preference is for a pair but maybe beggars can’t be choosers at this point. 

Stand where you want in away end 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BrianBeane said:

Might just start at spoons in the centre

48 minutes ago, Aroberts123 said:

Might just start at spoons in the centre

You won't get in if you've got colours on. I've had that trouble when playing either Manchester club. There are lots of pubs in the City though that will let you in.

• Like 1