Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Past Leicester Chants

23 hours ago, The Guvnor said:

Bertie Mee says to Bill Shank-ley: 'Have you heard of the North Bank High-bu-ry?' Shanks says: 'No, I don't think so...but I've heard of the Leicester Boot Boys!' Na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na, We are the Leicester Boot Boys!

There you go.

Bertie Mee says to Bill Shankley. “have you been in the spione Kop recently?”

Shaks says “no, I’m scared to go,

Ive heard of the Leicester  

Agro”

na na na na na, na na na na na, we are the Leicester Boot boys.

On 19/01/2023 at 15:42, Crinklyfox said:

More than 50 years ago, when Noel Cantwell was the manager of our beloved neighbours Coventry City, a festive favourite:

Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel

That is the name of that b*****d Cantwell

We played Tulsa Roughnecks in a friendly towards the end of 1979, and they had a few ex City players in their team. Steve Earle, Brian Alderson, and Keith Weller, and it was pretty much a Weller love in for our fans. Most of us had idolised him while he was here. Well we ended up singing to the Noel Noel tune, "Weller, Weller, Weller,Weller he is the king of Filbert Street. At the end of the game he went to the fans, and walked off the pitch draped in City scarves.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, smudger63 said:

We played Tulsa Roughnecks in a friendly towards the end of 1979, and they had a few ex City players in their team. Steve Earle, Brian Alderson, and Keith Weller, and it was pretty much a Weller love in for our fans. Most of us had idolised him while he was here. Well we ended up singing to the Noel Noel tune, "Weller, Weller, Weller,Weller he is the king of Filbert Street. At the end of the game he went to the fans, and walked off the pitch draped in City scarves.

Great story, that. Made me look it up.

It finished 1-1 - here's Alan Young's goal:

tulsa.png

Zoom in and you can see Weller more clearly:

tulsa-3.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kushiro said:

Great story, that. Made me look it up.

It finished 1-1 - here's Alan Young's goal:

tulsa.png

Zoom in and you can see Weller more clearly:

tulsa-3.png

Thanks for that,I had forgotten that Sammels and Nish had played for them that night too. I remembered it being a draw, and it being freezing. Wasn`t a great crowd, under 10,000 i think.  

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Thanks for that,I had forgotten that Sammels and Nish had played for them that night too. I remembered it being a draw, and it being freezing. Wasn`t a great crowd, under 10,000 i think.  

Yeah - 7,749 says the Merc, which also reported that magic moment you mentioned:

One City fan breaks from the crowd outside the players entrance to give former City favourite Keith Weller his scarf as a souvenir when the player came out in response to constant chanting by Leicester supporters after last night's match.

tulsa-4.png

tulsa-5.png

• Like 4

On 19/01/2023 at 07:48, Leicesterpool said:

Anything is better than "when your smiling" wow that song is an embarrassment. Other clubs have powerful club themes we get "when your smiling" 

Only the Jersey Budd version. Broadcasting that to a crowd should be in the online harms bill or something.

2 hours ago, ceebeefox said:

It’s not God it’s only Andy Peake, clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap! Could be used for Maddison till the summer!

That would actually be really good, and easy for the fans to join in with. "It's not God its only Maddison" .  Yep it gets a :thumbup: from me anyway.

15 hours ago, bournemouthfox said:

Also after watching tonight's game 

I never felt more like singing the blues 

When Leicester win and forest lose 

Oh Leicester 

You got me singing the blues 

Never get that song, isn’t the blues sad music? Or does it refer to us as the blues?