Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simoken

LCFC U10 Academy kid

20 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Don't trade in your Season Tickets just yet, the 2031-32 season is gonna be a cracker, bring it on!

He'll do well against Bromley in the National League by then! Of course still with ol' Brendan in charge - the LCFC equivalent of sir Alex Ferguson. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Simoken said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnFL6dToFm9/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I don’t know if this has been shared on here already, but holy crap.. kids got skillllll. :O

Sorry hate to see this and am really surprised he has not been told not to do this or at least his parents have - usually made to sign a social media agreement - the boy is 10 and does him no favours at all!

Mind he is frigging gifted!!

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Has he had the '3 touches' chat with Brendan yet?

Literally one of the things i hate the most about young talents transitioning from youth teams to mens football is that all the skill that is evident in clips like the above is coached out of the kids. 

The insistence on a maximum of 3 touches especially in attacking areas is mind boggling. 

It's why we end up with this boring sideways-backwards football waiting for the opposition to make a mistake so we can exploit it. 

Plays in my nephews team. He never stops doing tricks and never passes the ball. His dad spends the whole time barking instructions at the poor kid which are generally the opposite of what the coach is trying to tell him. He is unbelievably skillful but I wonder without the right guidance whether he'll make it.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Plays in my nephews team. He never stops doing tricks and never passes the ball. His dad spends the whole time barking instructions at the poor kid which are generally the opposite of what the coach is trying to tell him. He is unbelievably skillful but I wonder without the right guidance whether he'll make it.  

1 minute ago, joeybside said:

Everything I hear about this player (I Coach at same Age Level) further reminds me just how abhorrent Junior Football can be especially Parent involvement. 

I thought parents weren’t allowed to shout from the  sidelines?  We were always told (from district to school) not to get involved. Surely it’s even more entrenched at academy level ???

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I thought parents weren’t allowed to shout from the  sidelines?  We were always told (from district to school) not to get involved. Surely it’s even more entrenched at academy level ???

There was a good series in the Autumn on channel 4 following the Crystal Palace academy behind the scenes, following the players through their Journey, also following their home life and with input and interviews with Zaha and some other players and the chairman. Well worth a watch....but you will see a theme throughout that some of the parents can be a major problem. 

Edited by SecretPro