Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simoken

LCFC U10 Academy kid

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
12 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Plays in my nephews team. He never stops doing tricks and never passes the ball. His dad spends the whole time barking instructions at the poor kid which are generally the opposite of what the coach is trying to tell him. He is unbelievably skillful but I wonder without the right guidance whether he'll make it.  

Did you watch the recent documentary about the crystal Palace academy on C4? Any parent shouting instructions that went against what the coaches were trying to do were basically told they were not welcome at games or training, for me it's the only way you can do it

15 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

U11! Just for clarity. 

Skills... Great 👀 

Finding the balance between encouraging creativity, and being game effective is not an easy task for club staff.

Consider Ronaldo for example as a 17 year old was all tricks in his initial games for Man United, and this is a 11 year old child. That issue was still having to be addressed at Premier League level with a huge talent in CR7s case. 

In terms of game effectiveness, right now, there are other lads in the system, not updating their socials, but working on their game, that LCFC fans would be more excited about. 

At some point... A player needs to decide if they are a skills guy like the F2 lads who were on Sky, or they want to be a professional footballer, who has a value to a football club. 

When you are earning revenue from socials and have the opportunity to earn more at a young age it is very difficult to get the message across to parents and child. It is a frustrating experience, but if the message clicks you could have a player valuable to the club in a few years. Or you will earn your money now and be earning money by performing football tricks on the streets, or in a shopping centre??? 

Working with young footballers there are 0 guarantees that they will become X in the future. 

This child should be left to enjoy his football, and work on his game. 

Not just these socials for me, are a worrying trend for all football clubs, money is great, online adulation... Fine, but in 5 or 10 years if you don't take care of the fundamentals you may be asking why with all the apparent talent in the world, a player didn't achieve what some expected? 

Some children aren't interested in game effectiveness. They just like doing skills. 🤷🏻‍♂️

...I do thing that on the continent they would encourage them to express themselves more!!!

29 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Did you watch the recent documentary about the crystal Palace academy on C4? Any parent shouting instructions that went against what the coaches were trying to do were basically told they were not welcome at games or training, for me it's the only way you can do it

Not seen it but will check it out. Hes been spoken to about this a few times by the coaches I think. I don't know what rules they have in place but you can see the frustration both with the coaches and the other parents! Feel for the kid more than anything as he is clearly a special talent. My nephews the best though. Just saying..

5 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Not seen it but will check it out. Hes been spoken to about this a few times by the coaches I think. I don't know what rules they have in place but you can see the frustration both with the coaches and the other parents! Feel for the kid more than anything as he is clearly a special talent. My nephews the best though. Just saying..

His dad is extremely vocal about how sh*t Leicester academy training is and how sh*t the other players in the age group are. We luckily don't cross paths too often as we only train on the same night on Thursdays. 😂

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, SecretPro said:

There was a good series in the Autumn on channel 4 following the Crystal Palace academy behind the scenes, following the players through their Journey, also following their home life and with input and interviews with Zaha and some other players and the chairman. Well worth a watch....but you will see a theme throughout that some of the parents can be a major problem. 

I saw it - and yes the kids with the awful parents are generally those that get let go unless they can’t afford to drop them because of their immense talent. I guess some of these parents are so invested in the kid because they think it’s their only way out of their existing lifestyle. it is the worst thing about childrens football and I think it’s not improving. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I saw it - and yes the kids with the awful parents are generally those that get let go unless they can’t afford to drop them because of their immense talent. I guess some of these parents are so invested in the kid because they think it’s their only way out of their existing lifestyle. it is the worst thing about childrens football and I think it’s not improving. 

In all my time watching LCFC academy play, i can only recall TWO LCFC parents from all the age groups i saw (and only a few from opposition teams!) who i would consider to be overly-vocal towards their kids as parents are generally under the strict instruction that such behaviour will not be tolerated at Academy level.....and most parents were aware that any inappropriate behaviour on their part would potentially have an adverse impact on their kids and potentially lead to the parents being excluded from training adn matchday sessions.

In my nephews age group, there NO problematic parents and it was always a joy to watch his team play with NO parental issues.....a vastly different experience to watching my other nephew play in "local" football were some of the parental behaviour/involvement from the sidelines was horrific.

Personally, i always found it to be a hugely positive environment at the Academy (both training and matchdays) because of parents not being vocally involved but the point you raise that i have highlighted ironically applies to BOTH of the parents i could mention as there sons were viewed as immensely talented assets.....which probably explains why their behaviour was tolerated more than would have been the case with others "less talented" players..

• Like 2

On 18/01/2023 at 16:41, Mike1983 said:

He'll do well against Bromley in the National League by then! Of course still with ol' Brendan in charge - the LCFC equivalent of sir Alex Ferguson. 

Unbelievable that a couple of posts into a thread about a ten year old doing skills someone still manages to have a go at Rodgers. Pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The best thing is usually these parents who love to have the opinions and regularly offer guidance and advice to us coaches are the ones who’s always have a long standing injury which prevents them doing anything to help, such as linesman duties 😂

This is a good thing - when those sorts of parents do it, they don't try and do the job they just try and con the ref really badly, fail miserably at that, then start shouting at the ref "if you're going to give me a flag why can't you ****ing listen? what's the ****ing point" and then they'll get bored, wander off, come back and alternate between yelling at the ref and yelling at their kid.

(just to clarify; that's not about anyone mentioned in this thread, just stuff I've seen happen a few years back.)

• Like 1

When I was coaching U13s, I had to tackle one parent to the ground, as he’d run onto the pitch to attack a child. We advise him to never attend again.

The parents are more challenging than the children at times. 

On 18/01/2023 at 16:52, Old Fox said:

Sorry hate to see this and am really surprised he has not been told not to do this or at least his parents have - usually made to sign a social media agreement - the boy is 10 and does him no favours at all!

Mind he is frigging gifted!!

His dad gets told off every week but just does what he wants as he's got the power.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...who are we talking about in this instance, the skillster or the blonde kid!!!

The blonde kid. He's class, very shy kid but has it all imo to go all the way.

Quite small though and probably doesn't have that ultimate desire to be a pro.

25 minutes ago, Thefoxman said:

The blonde kid. He's class, very shy kid but has it all imo to go all the way.

Quite small though and probably doesn't have that ultimate desire to be a pro.

You’ve got to be an incredible athlete or incredibly talented if you don’t have the inner drive.  you see plenty of very talented kids at 10/11/12 but they’d rather be on their Xboxes or TikTok than doing stuff in the garden 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thefoxman said:

Yes mate he will be Sammy size but doubt he will be there by then. 

We have alot of great small players but lcfc favour the big lumps.

...so Sammy did well to come through then!!!

It is noticeable that the bigger kids will show up better due to physicality at this age and burgeoning talent cannot be overlooked due to size.

The academy is for producing talent where we can sell on as well as eventually looking to bring through to our first team,  we cannot afford to overlook the fact that his growth is not something that is predetermined.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

You’ve got to be an incredible athlete or incredibly talented if you don’t have the inner drive.  you see plenty of very talented kids at 10/11/12 but they’d rather be on their Xboxes or TikTok than doing stuff in the garden 

...the ones who have not the great talent or are exceptional athletes, but are never seen without a ball at their feet or under their arms are the ones with the drive to make it!!!

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...so Sammy did well to come through then!!!

It is noticeable that the bigger kids will show up better due to physicality at this age and burgeoning talent cannot be overlooked due to size.

The academy is for producing talent where we can sell on as well as eventually looking to bring through to our first team,  we cannot afford to overlook the fact that his growth is not something that is predetermined.

If they’re playing at six then they will likely get spotted by academies because there isn’t much size difference at that age.   once you’re in then you’ve got every chance to stay in.  If you don’t start playing until 8/9 and you’re small you will rarely get a chance in the academy/player development system. nearly all the kids I see getting asked to go for trials at academies are those who are physically strong. but you do have to take into account that some kids can be small but still really tough and have core strength. they do give those a chance. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Thefoxman said:

His dad gets told off every week but just does what he wants as he's got the power.

His Dad may think he's got the power right now....... but as soon as the kid is signed into a 2 year deal, he will no longer have any power as the kid will be tied to the club and it is the club who will dictate what happens from thereon.

If the kid does not continue to develop, his Dads behavior will become a factor......and other clubs would also be aware of that if ever the player is released by LCFC.

His Dad may think he is more powerful than the club right now but i know from experience the club have seen this type of parental behavior before and will be taking a seemingly tolerant "hands-off" approach until the dynamic changes back into their favour. At that point, his Dad will start to realise how powerless he actually is and how his behavior may affect his sons opportunities at other clubs........unless of course the boy goes on to become and absolute superstar....! .