Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

22 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I can't belive people are questioning the differences between the 2 training grounds? On scale everything is far bigger whether that's hydrotherapy/sports science/pool (they don't have). The technology for a £100million vs £5million is a massive gulf. Factor in things such as 1st team players own rooms and the size of the main building with the indoor pitch specifications as well. Ultimately we built this for inclusivity for players to have these amenities for example during autumn/winter months whereby the team can stay together before travelling to games.

You can't compare the 2 imo (well, fact actually)

So far i've not seen one bit of difference it's made to our club. And don't give me the long term view, in terms of success for a club it's all about what goes on , on the pitch. It's like MK don's having a fantastic ground compared to ours but it makes no difference in the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

If we sign him for 6 months, hopefully he’s average within that period then we sign him and that’s when he rips it up. 

Could be the difference between survival and relegation. Not arsed how good he is after the six months if that’s all we get him for. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

I can't belive people are questioning the differences between the 2 training grounds? On scale everything is far bigger whether that's hydrotherapy/sports science/pool (they don't have). The technology for a £100million vs £5million is a massive gulf. Factor in things such as 1st team players own rooms and the size of the main building with the indoor pitch specifications as well. Ultimately we built this for inclusivity for players to have these amenities for example during autumn/winter months whereby the team can stay together before travelling to games.

You can't compare the 2 imo (well, fact actually)

Not sure that this is good for energy levels during games 

• Haha 1

Things are getting that stale with this transfer while we're waiting to see if he signs or not we've taken to arguing about the training facilities lol

But on that point, if it was purely down to the training facilities (which of course it isn't) but IF it was, we'd compete with most clubs in the world. 

You can't play down your work surroundings. You're there every day. If you're walking into our training complex you do "your job" every day you'd be much happier with your surroundings than you would be walking into Carrington for example. 

Anyway, beside the point, because although it is undoubtedly an attraction, the team still needs to be performing and moving forward, something that we are not doing at the moment 

Our best hope of keeping him on a long term contract is if he settles in well and likes what he sees. My fear is that he rips it up and one of the usual suspects lures him away and pinches him from under our noses in the summer. Hopefully we have some form of obligation with a compensation clause should that happen

48 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

So far i've not seen one bit of difference it's made to our club. And don't give me the long term view, in terms of success for a club it's all about what goes on , on the pitch. It's like MK don's having a fantastic ground compared to ours but it makes no difference in the league.

Unreal

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, manders86 said:

I've been told this is done now. The person I've spoken to has been spot on so far.

Hope you’re right! I don’t think some people’s keyboards can take much more frantic typing in panic/anger etc…

Edited by fox_favourite