Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

When we first bid for Gonzalez, we thought Kristiansen was costing £10m ish and we don't know what Stoke are holding out for yet. 

We've paid only £12m up front for Kristiansen. It looks like we're willing to spend around £50m this Jan which is big for us. Souttar is going to be about £15m which leaves about £25m for Tete. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

We've paid only £12m up front for Kristiansen. It looks like we're willing to spend around £50m this Jan which is big for us. Souttar is going to be about £15m which leaves about £25m for Tete. 

That's what I was thinking too. I bet £50m net spend was banded around as a budget for January

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah absolutely possibly. I'm not suggesting there'll be nothing left for a winger. Just that the CB seems to be a bigger priority and I'll be surprised if we get Tete, or anyone else, tied up before we finalise what Souttar is going to cost. 

Edit: especially if the club are hoping there's enough left to go back to Fiorentina and offer for Gonzalez, potentially with Praet going there on loan if they are desperate for a midfielder. 

Edited by Finnegan

7 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Personally I’d go for Mateus Cardoso Lemos Martins over this fella 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A) he's a right footed left winger and B) Udinese have signed him and lobbed him out to Watford on loan.

…. and also not the bloke I was referring to.

(Don’t worry - it was a very bad joke :blush:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah absolutely possibly. I'm not suggesting there'll be nothing left for a winger. Just that the CB seems to be a bigger priority and I'll be surprised if we get Tete, or anyone else, tied up before we finalise what Souttar is going to cost. 

Edit: especially if the club are hoping there's enough left to go back to Fiorentina and offer for Gonzalez, potentially with Praet going there on loan if they are desperate for a midfielder. 

Personally, think Praet won't be able to go anywhere in January, due to his injury.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we are going to spend like we would in a summer transfer window then surely it would be better if we looked for a CAM because we are rock bottom in that position. I'm thinking pushing it to £60-65mil.

1 minute ago, TMELcfc said:

When they said a deal is ‘complicated’ I assume they mean we have to buy him, not loan them buy? Or can he be loaned to us if he’s not kicked a ball for Shakhtar? I get all confused with transfer rules nowadays 

Probably complicated because he's currently on loan to another club.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

When you take into account the Fofana cash, it looks about par for the course in terms of Net spend no?

20 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Ask yourself , why would he come to Leicester? At this moment in time the only answer is money.

And to play in the best league in the world.

We may be on a downward trend right now but we've proved in recent seasons that it doesn't matter if we finish 1st, 5th or 15th, if you stand out here you can get a big move to Man City, Man Utd or Chelsea.

As long as he has the personal motivation to succeed it may be all we need right now. A mutually beneficial move.

Just now, LVFox said:

Seems to be gathering pace with Tete. Would be a superb signing, exactly what we need.

Have to say I'm really encouraged by the players we appear to be targeting now.

Judging from his comments in the media, Rodgers doesn't have much say in transfers, which may be why we appear to be reverting to our previous model that worked perfectly well most of the time.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Won't it be 12m over the life time of the contract too...which I think was 5 1/2 years...

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex

Is this why it's 'complicated':

On 7 March 2022, FIFA announced that, due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, all the contracts of foreign players in Ukraine are suspended until 30 June 2022 and they are allowed to sign with clubs outside Ukraine until that day.On 31 March 2022, Tetê used the new rule to join Lyon in France until the end of June 2022.The arrangement was repeated for the 2022–23 season as FIFA has extended the system for another year.

Edited by StevieLynex

21 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Anyone watch Lookman last night? 11 in 16….

One of the best players in Serie A right now. Probably the best player outside of Napoli who have been utterly brilliant. 

For me one of the learnings the club has to do is to be more prepared to shift players on when the big bid comes. For example with Fofana perhaps we should have just straight out sold him and used that money to improve the overall squad? It's good to see we are in for signings this window, but if we go down, it's because we didn't make those at the start of the season. 

Lookman was definitely not in the form he is for Atalanta, but many on here wanted him signed because he made a positive impact on many occasions. I'm happy that he's doing well and becoming a star turn somewhere. He's really had to grind his way through football, been at Charlton, Everton, Fulham, Leicester, Leipzig and now Atalanta. Always came across as a good person, albeit with sloppy penalty taking technique! 

For Leicester, it was always more important to sign a genuine out and out player for the right hand side, rather than Lookman, so I understand the decision. Still a shame not to get him. 

• Like 3