Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

One of the best players in Serie A right now. Probably the best player outside of Napoli who have been utterly brilliant. 

For me one of the learnings the club has to do is to be more prepared to shift players on when the big bid comes. For example with Fofana perhaps we should have just straight out sold him and used that money to improve the overall squad? It's good to see we are in for signings this window, but if we go down, it's because we didn't make those at the start of the season. 

Lookman was definitely not in the form he is for Atalanta, but many on here wanted him signed because he made a positive impact on many occasions. I'm happy that he's doing well and becoming a star turn somewhere. He's really had to grind his way through football, been at Charlton, Everton, Fulham, Leicester, Leipzig and now Atalanta. Always came across as a good person, albeit with sloppy penalty taking technique! 

For Leicester, it was always more important to sign a genuine out and out player for the right hand side, rather than Lookman, so I understand the decision. Still a shame not to get him. 

Atalanta have been playing him as a right-sided attacking midfielder. 

26 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Is this why it's 'complicated':

On 7 March 2022, FIFA announced that, due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, all the contracts of foreign players in Ukraine are suspended until 30 June 2022 and they are allowed to sign with clubs outside Ukraine until that day.On 31 March 2022, Tetê used the new rule to join Lyon in France until the end of June 2022.The arrangement was repeated for the 2022–23 season as FIFA has extended the system for another year.

No, the issue is because he's currently on loan at Lyon so any deal would have to be first agreed that Lyon terminate his loan deal and the option they have go sign him for £17.5m.

It's tricky because on the face of it Shaktar should merely be peripheral in this, if we agree to pay the £17.5m thst they'd get from Lyon in the summer for him then that should be all they care about and so if we chuffed Lyon up £5-10m on top then its very possible it would happen, however that's not allowed I don't think. 

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I’ve never seen this guy play but how good a signing are we talking if we pull it off? 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Peak Mahrez

He's not quite at that level!

But he was involved in an incredible display against Real Madrid where he tore them apart:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55122389

Bags of potential for sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

We need collectively move on from Lookman. We fooked up bigtime. need to move swiftly on.

I agree we need to move on. But not convinced we fooked up bigtime. Don't see him getting the same stats playing Rodgers ball in our team this year. Last season he wasn't a nailed on starter for us. Lookman ended up in the right place for Lookman.

• Like 2

Surely this has only gethered any traction due to Lyon's willingness to make a deal work, without that it'd be clear he's unavailable. They don't have alot of money and are struggling to make European Football next season. They may be hoping to get £4m-£5m for Shakhtar to terminate early.

Shakhtar will probably want £25m from us (the money reportedly available for a winger) they then pocket the extra £2.5m after paying Lyon.

Tete will be excited to test himself in the Prem, on top of obvious financial reasons.

The deal might be complicated but if there's incentive for all parties to get the deal done, then we'll be confident of doing so.

Edited by wardyfox86

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We don't penny pinch when we actually sign players though, quite the opposite. We over pay on both transfer fee and wages compared to others 😂

Until recently I'd have agreed but we couldn't even stump up 9 million for Lookman this summer and Fofanas replacement was definitely a bargain basement signing considering we had just received 70m. Although that approach has lead us further even into the mess we find ourselves in now so hopefully they are about to find the happy medium between the two.

21 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I agree we need to move on. But not convinced we fooked up bigtime. Don't see him getting the same stats playing Rodgers ball in our team this year. Last season he wasn't a nailed on starter for us. Lookman ended up in the right place for Lookman.

quite right. Another Nathan Dyer type loan, handy but not a world beater . One particularly good moment in the win against Liverpool otherwise mostly meh. Certainly not the messiah some would have you believe.

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

And to play in the best league in the world.

We may be on a downward trend right now but we've proved in recent seasons that it doesn't matter if we finish 1st, 5th or 15th, if you stand out here you can get a big move to Man City, Man Utd or Chelsea.

As long as he has the personal motivation to succeed it may be all we need right now. A mutually beneficial move.

A club with a failing manager , with a serious danger of relegation and apparent financial problems doesn't sound too attractive to me and he is playing for a bigger club than us at the moment. I suppose you have noticed "the club is becoming a joke " thread on here. I disagree with that but there is a definite air of crisis. If I was him , I would be thinking , avoid.

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

A club with a failing manager , with a serious danger of relegation and apparent financial problems doesn't sound too attractive to me and he is playing for a bigger club than us at the moment. I suppose you have noticed "the club is becoming a joke " thread on here. I disagree with that but there is a definite air of crisis. If I was him , I would be thinking , avoid.

Just show him the deloitte report showing we are the 17th richest club in world football, the  drive him straight to the training ground for a chat.... job done!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Well let's hope he's not researching his potential move right now and comes across your post :unsure:

13 minutes ago, surrifox said:

quite right. Another Nathan Dyer type loan, handy but not a world beater . One particularly good moment in the win against Liverpool otherwise mostly meh. Certainly not the messiah some would have you believe.

Come off it. He had 8 goals and 5 assists in all competitions last season in 2300 minutes (roughly 26 games worth). We haven't replaced that.

Nathan Dyer got 1 goals and 1 assist in all competitions in 15/16 from 273 minutes (roughly 3 games worth).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FOXSE said:

Just show him the deloitte report showing we are the 17th richest club in world football, the  drive him straight to the training ground for a chat.... job done!

He is almost certainly hoping Lyon will buy him. Money is the key and if we make him our best paid player and that means £8 million a year then it could persuade him to forget the other issues.

2 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Looks like Jeff-Reine Adélaïde is leaving OL for Seville. Wonder if that could impact this, if Lyon are unwilling to lose 2 attacking players in one window… 

Lyon were/are willing to let Romain Faivre go too. It seems Blanc wants a huge shake up of his attack. 

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He is almost certainly hoping Lyon will buy him. Money is the key and if we make him our best paid player and that means £8 million a year then it could persuade him to forget the other issues.

But turns out, for whatever reason, doesn’t work here, it’ll be another to add to the list of overpaid players we’ve signed. That is half our issue. There is a balance to be had. Next summer is massive for us as well, we need to keep that in mind. 

if he wants to come and play -fair enough, but don’t want the club to overpay on wages. 

Edited by fox_favourite

6 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

But turns out, for whatever reason, doesn’t work here, it’ll be another to add to the list of overpaid players we’ve signed. That is half our issue. There is a balance to be had. Next summer is massive for us as well, we need to keep that in mind. 

if he wants to come and play -fair enough, but don’t want the club to overpay on wages. 

That's why players like Faes and Kristiansen are more realistic targets.