Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

29 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

A club with a failing manager , with a serious danger of relegation and apparent financial problems doesn't sound too attractive to me and he is playing for a bigger club than us at the moment. I suppose you have noticed "the club is becoming a joke " thread on here. I disagree with that but there is a definite air of crisis. If I was him , I would be thinking , avoid.

For balance…

The chance to play in the biggest league in the world. A likely pay rise. Lack of competition for his place in the team/ opportunity to be a key player. World class training facilities. Club with a reputation for selling talent to the big 6 clubs. 

Lyon are more of a mid table side this season, and the Premier League will always be a major pull for players. Also looks like Lyon are looking to reshape their attack so may not fancy signing on there at the end of his loan. Add to that our recent history of European football, winning the Premier league and FA Cup. Can see why we could be an attractive option for him. 

or am I just clutching at straws 😂 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Don’t do it to yourselves this one won’t happen, too many complex barriers.

Theres only one man that get this over the line, thats the OG Brendan!!!! #rooddgerrssstilliiiiidddiieeeeee

Anyways, less talk about a Londoner— I’m here to dream of signing our first Brazilian.

(and for the inevitable crushing disappointment that’s entirely my own fault for getting my hopes up)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

For balance…

The chance to play in the biggest league in the world. A likely pay rise. Lack of competition for his place in the team/ opportunity to be a key player. World class training facilities. Club with a reputation for selling talent to the big 6 clubs. 

Lyon are more of a mid table side this season, and the Premier League will always be a major pull for players. Also looks like Lyon are looking to reshape their attack so may not fancy signing on there at the end of his loan. Add to that our recent history of European football, winning the Premier league and FA Cup. Can see why we could be an attractive option for him. 

The transfer talk posters are the optimists around here while the main page is all about ,the manager is an idiot, the club is flat broke and most of the players are useless charlatans. Me, I'm neither but we are in a tight situation and we need relatively sure things in the market for a tough fight ahead. Not really a time to gamble.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Have we ever signed a player that we’ve been linked with as “considering”. 

The way it usually goes down is a strong leak of a bid. this is probably an attempt to bluff the Gonzalez deal into fruition 

By the same token have we ever signed a player where we've tried to bluff them with an offer for an alternative?

9 minutes ago, JimJams said:

By the same token have we ever signed a player where we've tried to bluff them with an offer for an alternative?

I would assume quite frequently. Or Rudkins not playing a strong hand.

There was talk of us using Daka and edouard against each other. The deal for Daka only happened because celtic/ edouard wouldn’t lower their demands 

2 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

For balance…

Stranger things have happened. Please let this happen. 

• Haha 1