Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

9 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

This one seemingly makes so much more sense than Gonzalez, I can't wait for it to not happen

When you know it’s too good to be true.. But then still believe it will happen, well that’s basically me every time haha 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Surely lyon would just want to keep him on loan then if he's as good as a lot on here seem to think then pay the 17.5 million in the summer? Then even sell him on to an English club for profit. 

What am I missing here? Presumably it boils down to wages?

im not sure they are flush with money to make the transfer perma, plus Blanc dont like some of their players more than likely one of them

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Surely lyon would just want to keep him on loan then if he's as good as a lot on here seem to think then pay the 17.5 million in the summer? Then even sell him on to an English club for profit. 

What am I missing here? Presumably it boils down to wages?

I think Lyon's coach, Laurent Blanc, hasn't settled on a formation that would get the best out of Teté. Plus he seems to be looking to rejig his attack completely from the suggestions that more than one forward at Lyon will move on this window.

OL also don't have a ton of money at the moment, as I understand it. So if he's not being utilised much at the moment, and you get out of an end of season purchase you may no longer want, plus you get some compensation...maybe they'd favour that?

I'd agree it seems odd though. He's a very good player and I'd love him here. I just hope Lyon don't want him, and we do.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

im not sure they are flush with money to make the transfer perma, plus Blanc dont like some of their players more than likely one of them

They've just been bought out by a big American corporation. Its possible the permanent transfer in the summer for £17.5m requires the players agreement as well and he's already said he wants to go to the PL, perhaps?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

After all the hype on here about Daka I won’t believe he’s any good unless he registers stacks of goals and assists for us before the end of the season 

What if we don’t sign him until the summer? Seems a bit harsh to judge him early!

6 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Thauvin’s contract has been terminated…

Thauvin to Lyon

Tete to us

:ph34r:

Not the largest leap I’ve seen on here. Wants to come back to France etc etc. 

9 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I agree we need to move on. But not convinced we fooked up bigtime. Don't see him getting the same stats playing Rodgers ball in our team this year. Last season he wasn't a nailed on starter for us. Lookman ended up in the right place for Lookman.

...you start to think that every place was right for Lookman than playing for us!!!

55 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We will need a massive bribe to persuade him to give up Lyon for Leicester and a couple of million for his agent no doubt.

I think you might have misspoken? Did you mean we might need to come up with some imaginative financial incentives to make this work for everyone?

People need to remember that his parent club are from Ukraine…. Not France….. so he will need no convincing to switch. He will want to ensure he is playing football beyond this season, and Shaktar will probably want some money for him, for that, this window is one they really ought to be selling him in.