Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

17 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I have Never seen him play. But Just looking at his numbers for goals and assists in inferior leagues and not particularly dazzling.

Lyon don't seem to want him after a loan. 

Why the huge excitement? Serious question. 

Bet you thought Fryatt was mustard. (He would have been if it was his only name and spelt Fryèt)

Lighten up, I'd take Bolsonaro on RW if it means getting a Brazilian in the team. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I have Never seen him play. But Just looking at his numbers for goals and assists in inferior leagues and not particularly dazzling.

Similarly sceptical/underwhelmed here too.

I'm too scarred from the FIFA know alls on here who'd built up my hopes for Adrien Silva and Cengiz Under and Soumare and Daka too. 

• Like 2

Fans see that he’s Brazilian and instantly jizz their pants.

Lyon have had a rough ride lately, a change in manager in Laurent Blanc, yet results haven’t picked up and he’s still searching for the right formation.

When he’s gone with wingers Tete has been starting, when he hasn’t gone with wingers Tete has been benched. 

I watched him against Brest recently and he looked excellent, watched him against Nantes a few weeks later and he was anonymous. 

Pretty much all Lyon players have been indifferent this season, Tete has had some good showings though and he’s currently Lyon’s second top goalscorer with 6. 

Blanc seems to want a revamp in the forward areas though, Faivre wants out, rumours today of Toko Ekambi leaving too, still hard to tell where Tete stands atm, I wouldn’t be getting too excited just yet.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

also saw a report that we were willing to pay €20m to lyon to cancel the loan. add that to the £17.5m they had agreed to pay. 

it’s about £32m… it doesn’t sound to unrealistic if we bid 35 or so for gonzalez

We’ll probably have to pay Lyon a sweetener but I’d be shocked if it was anywhere near €20m.

Ligue 1 is hardly an “inferior” league, per se.  And there realistically aren’t all that many pure wingers whose goal contributions are better - his numbers are quite good.

Why the excitement?  A pure RW.  A Brazilian.  Desperation for anything to feel positive about.  I don’t think Tete is a superstar but he’d be a very solid addition,

• Like 1