Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

From the video he looks like he's got the moves and touches. He looks tall as well and he can probably mix it too. If he's anything like Richarlison or Joelinton, then he's a gerrimin Brazilian.

If he's got that much potential then x amount of other clubs will be sniffing around. If he's a serious target and not just a clickbait rumour, then maybe Rodgers real forte, the gift-of-the-gab, might persuade him that Leicester is a suitable destination for him.

What boils my piß is the fact that, all of a sudden, we're able to target players with real potential and have money at our disposal to get them in. Is it that the 'triumvirate' has finally cottoned on to the dire situation we're now facing - two summer transfer windows too late? Maddison goes and there's a hole in midfield we're expecting whom in particular to fill? It's just playing whack-a-mole in reverse - no continuity or stability.

24 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

So are you saying you definitively know it's not happening or your 'opinion' is it's unlikely to happen? 

There's a big difference,  especially when you say' hopefully prove me wrong' which is it Bert ? 

My opinion is I don’t think it’ll happen. Hopefully proving me wrong means it will happen. I think you’ve read a little bit too much into that there. 

24 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Opinion or what you’ve heard, chief?

Just my opinion. 

The biggest problem (for me) won’t be sorting a fee with the parent club, it’ll be compensating Lyon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

Just my opinion. 

The biggest problem (for me) won’t be sorting a fee with the parent club, it’ll be compensating Lyon.

I see your point. If Lyon have the supposed buy option they’d be stupid to not buy him for 20m and charge us more.

2 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

I see your point. If Lyon have the supposed buy option they’d be stupid to not buy him for 20m and charge us more.

They can't. 

An option doesn't obligate the player to agree. He just won't sign a contract with Lyon. 

He doesn't have to go anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Boga could be the "break glass" backup  :dunno:

Nobody should expect this to be done, it looks like a nightmare to get over the line

Boga knocked us back when he was a bit part player in Florence and we weren’t as bad as we are now. 

he’s now starting for them ….

23 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If Tottenham are considering Nico Gonzalez, wouldn't they also be interested in Tete as well?

They do most of their shopping in Italy. Sometimes Spain, rarely France. They do sign the occasional player from France but it doesn't surprise me they are after a player in Italy.

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Isn’t that what has got us in this mess in the first place, though I am sympathetic to the view that a short lived and temporary splurge may paper over the cracks enough to keep us up.

It's not actually my view, to go all 'Leeds in the nineties', I was actually being a bit sarcastic. But I agree, we need to use this window to put on some expensive sticking plasters, to limp over the line, ready for the, now crucial summer re-build, which will be forced upon us by bad contract planning. A depressing situation.

40 minutes ago, Bert said:

My opinion is I don’t think it’ll happen. Hopefully proving me wrong means it will happen. I think you’ve read a little bit too much into that there. 

Hardly fella ,you made a definitive statement initially,  now you've confirmed it's just your opinion that's fine 👍

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They can't. 

An option doesn't obligate the player to agree. He just won't sign a contract with Lyon. 

He doesn't have to go anywhere. 

Surely if could include sign on fees (in this case to Lyon and then us) or incentives for Tete? Which obviously he’d be stupid to turn down. Money talks.