Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

2 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Hardly fella ,you made a definitive statement initially,  now you've confirmed it's just your opinion that's fine 👍

Shouldn't everything posted be assumed as an opinion unless its qualified?

29 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Hardly fella ,you made a definitive statement initially,  now you've confirmed it's just your opinion that's fine 👍

Basically I was saying that I don’t think it’s gonna happen and would be happy to be proved wrong lol 

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Without wishing to start a linguistics lesson, it would really help if people setting out with certainty would add 'in my opinion' or 'I think that....because'. 

I just think people like to sound confident and also want to proudly boast when they're right, but leave themselves the 'it was only my opinion' get-out option. 

A lesson on what the middle word in 'tomato or brown?' is for would apparently be useful

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Without wishing to start a linguistics lesson, it would really help if people setting out with certainty would add 'in my opinion' or 'I think that....because'. 

I just think people like to sound confident and also want to proudly boast when they're right, but leave themselves the 'it was only my opinion' get-out option. 

IMO should be programmed in at the beginning of the comment box - in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Yet in the other 3 quarters, we’ve managed to sign one player who is halfway through pre-season. 

I’m fairly sure Top has been quoted to say multiple times in the media that despite months of planning and discussions with clubs, most activity happens during the last week of the window and that’s standard practice in Jan.

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I cant disagree with this analysis. Two clubs effectively have us by the balls. I think this is an incredibly difficult one to do in a traditionally hostile market. 

I'd love to be wrong but it really isnt an easy deal for anyone to do. 

No wonder we speak so highly of him then

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes. In my professional capacity I write and edit articles in the names of senior figures at my firm. The compliance department is constantly asking me to add phrases like 'In my opinion', 'I believe' and 'In my view', etc to articles that are very obviously just offering an opinion. It's tedious and unnecessary and makes the articles sound much more cautious and timid than they need to be. It does my head in.

However, it would be nice if people who write sentences like 'Maddison's injury is clearly fake' at least attempted to explain their view. Bold statements are more persuasive when backed up with arguments. In my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

I'm not on here constantly fella , tend to pop on for transfer news updates! 

Previously I thought Bert was held up as a forum ITK 🤷‍♂️ So when I saw he'd put ' it won't happen ' I asked the question purely cos that was a definitive statement from someone I thought was ITK.

So obviously I'll just take everything said on here as bollox and will not take a definitive statement as qualified. Cheers 👍

• Like 1