Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

20 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes. In my professional capacity I write and edit articles in the names of senior figures at my firm. The compliance department is constantly asking me to add phrases like 'In my opinion', 'I believe' and 'In my view', etc to articles that are very obviously just offering an opinion. It's tedious and unnecessary and makes the articles sound much more cautious and timid than they need to be. It does my head in.

However, it would be nice if people who write sentences like 'Maddison's injury is clearly fake' at least attempted to explain their view. Bold statements are more persuasive when backed up with arguments. In my opinion.

I think some people would be better off just remembering they’re only reading largely anonymous posts from fans and using a tiny bit of common sense. 

#BemVindoTete

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Ultimately, even someone inside the club or with a source is only getting an opinion or a feeling most of the time, and we're all prone to add in our bias to our nugget of information. 

Really, we know very little. 

I wish I had a feeling with my nugget every time something was happening, at least I'd feel relieved afterwards.

28 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes. In my professional capacity I write and edit articles in the names of senior figures at my firm. The compliance department is constantly asking me to add phrases like 'In my opinion', 'I believe' and 'In my view', etc to articles that are very obviously just offering an opinion. It's tedious and unnecessary and makes the articles sound much more cautious and timid than they need to be. It does my head in.

However, it would be nice if people who write sentences like 'Maddison's injury is clearly fake' at least attempted to explain their view. Bold statements are more persuasive when backed up with arguments. In my opinion.

Is it not important to make clear the distinction between opinion and fact? I understand it's a pain, but a real blight on all our lives right now is how blurred those lines can get when people irresponsibly or lazily fail to qualify what they say/write. 

"We had people working very hard behind the scenes to make a number of things happen but regrettably we were unable to finalise in time. I am now committed to working with the current shower of players. Also James Maddison has suffered a minor set back and we hope he'll be back with the group within a few weeks." 

Rodgers, 01/02/23

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Is it just me or has the word ‘complex’ gained a new meaning?

So it’s not the usual transfer between two clubs involving a player and his agent. There’s, hang on a minute, a third club! How on earth…?

In other words the kind of deal that Man U, Besiktas & Burnley knocked together for Weghorst in a few days.

We’ve had months to work on this, not just since 1 January. And even if he’s third/fourth choice RW, we’ve had and have plenty of time.

I suspect the recruitment team and DoF are capable of handling this alleged complexity. Whether they will or not probably has more to do with what the player wants than competence.

• Like 3

So if Lyon have the option to do a permanent deal in the summer at 17.5 but the player wants to join us as do Shaktar. 17.5m to Shaktar and 7.5m to Lyon. What do we care who gets it as long as we get him in for 25m?

Edited by desertfox2
autocorrect
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Beginning to get the feeling we're deliberately going for players we can't get to make it look like we're trying to be active in the market.

Similar to Southgate taking Maddison to the World Cup to assuage opinion.

35 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Not one person with even an ounce of the nouse or temperament required at the club to make this happen. I’d be flabbergasted if it did. 

I doubt there's much to do when negotiating with Shakhtar. They just want to be paid and i'd imagine that just means matching Lyon's option to buy. We just need to agree a compensation figure with Lyon. I suspect they'll think that he's worth more than the £17.5m option to buy they have so it'll have to be the difference between what Lyon value him at and the £17.5m.

I'd suspect something like £6-8m for Lyon and £17.5m to Shakhtar.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I doubt there's much to do when negotiating with Shakhtar. They just want to be paid and i'd imagine that just means matching Lyon's option to buy. We just need to agree a compensation figure with Lyon. I suspect they'll think that he's worth more than the £17.5m option to buy they have so it'll have to be the difference between what Lyon value him at and the £17.5m.

I'd suspect something like £6-8m for Lyon and £17.5m to Shakhtar.

that would be worth it imo, for a player of his age too