Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

46 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I doubt there's much to do when negotiating with Shakhtar. They just want to be paid and i'd imagine that just means matching Lyon's option to buy. We just need to agree a compensation figure with Lyon. I suspect they'll think that he's worth more than the £17.5m option to buy they have so it'll have to be the difference between what Lyon value him at and the £17.5m.

I'd suspect something like £6-8m for Lyon and £17.5m to Shakhtar.

They're missing out on Europe and maybe won't want the £17.5m outlay. £5m their way and that's a £22.5m swing. I bet they'll be sniffing around Thauvin on a free, and the £5m would likely cover his contract.

Shakhtar will want a little extra to the £17.5m I assume, some incentive to do the required paperwork to get it over the line. £18.5/£19m. Total outlay still less than what we were reportedly will to spend.

You'd think with incentives there for every party, a deal could be struck no matter how "complex"

Edited by wardyfox86
Wrong Frenchman.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

The thing that irks me about this, is that we were supposed to be preparing for this window since the summer. 

If Tete was our man, or on a shortlist of 3 or whatever… why would we have not been looking into the feasibility before the window even opened. It seems lazy that now we are just discovering it’s complicated. We should have come into the market knowing what it would take to get it done and if it was possible. 

I’m pinning everything on us signing him and i’ll genuinely feel like rioting if we end up with gordon instead. 

Who said we are 'just discovering' its complicated? Transfer windows are a nightmare because most of the noise is from clickbait on twitter. For all the planning in the world, i suppose you don't really know what transfer are feasible until you get into proper negotiations.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

You'd think with incentives there for every party, a deal could be struck no matter how "complex"

You would think so but somehow, I'm not convinced it's within our club's capabilities 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Who said we are 'just discovering' its complicated? Transfer windows are a nightmare because most of the noise is from clickbait on twitter. For all the planning in the world, i suppose you don't really know what transfer are feasible until you get into proper negotiations.  

you’re missing my point. The discussions should have been had a long time ago. 

if we’ve waitiee until the window to truly explore it, that’s just negligent imo. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if we’ve waitiee until the window to truly explore it, that’s just negligent imo. 

Maybe they were. Maybe there are lots of nuances to it. 

• Like 1

It might be complex but we ought to know whether it's possible simply by asking Lyon whether they'd be willing to benefit from not signing him permanently and letting him go. We must have been told that they are open to this and therefore its all brinkmanship. This late in the window, I suspect it all hinges on them getting Thauvin and another player that Blanc see's key to his style of play and then they'd be open to letting Tete go.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

But that would be tantamount to "tapping up". Negotiations on player transfers are,  technically,  only permitted during the windows. Of course we all know what happens in the real world. It may well be that we have made a few casual enquiries and got a positive response, nod and a wink and all that, from all or some parties involved but when it gets down to the horse trading, then it all goes out the window if someone decides to play hardball with their demands.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It might be complex but we ought to know whether it's possible simply by asking Lyon whether they'd be willing to benefit from not signing him permanently and letting him go. We must have been told that they are open to this and therefore its all brinkmanship. This late in the window, I suspect it all hinges on them getting Thauvin and another player that Blanc see's key to his style of play and then they'd be open to letting Tete go.

The whole weghorst saga seemed to move pretty fast so you’d hope it was less complex than is being made out

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if we’ve wait until the window to truly explore it, that’s just negligent imo. 

There is only so far you can go before you go 'in'. If you buy a house, stuff can come up during the searches and its what comes up that complicates things. Again, too much weight it thrown to twitter rumours. For all we know this one was pushed away sometime ago and its only reporters keeping the news alive.

Perhaps Tete only confirmed recently that he wants to come here. He may've had more options a few months back but now sees us as the best (or only) choice. Goalposts are constantly moving but the bottom line is, as always, we actually have no idea what's occurring. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Maybe they were. Maybe there are lots of nuances to it. 

I feel we are constantly giving the club the benefit of the doubt with this.  

33 minutes ago, urban fox said:

But that would be tantamount to "tapping up". Negotiations on player transfers are,  technically,  only permitted during the windows. Of course we all know what happens in the real world. It may well be that we have made a few casual enquiries and got a positive response, nod and a wink and all that, from all or some parties involved but when it gets down to the horse trading, then it all goes out the window if someone decides to play hardball with their demands.

The player side is forbidden without the clubs permission. im simply stating that we could have worked out the quirks of the deal with the two clubs in advance.  If the so called issues are simply lyon having to secure a replacement, than thats fine. But everything else could have been in discussion much sooner. 

38 minutes ago, urban fox said:

You can talk to players whenever you like if you've been given permission. Which willing sellers tend to grant.

7 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

According to this, he is expected to leave and has already been cleared for an exit by Blanc.

I know.. Awful source, but with a deal like this we take whatever we can get.

If true and he has been cleared for an exit, which does somewhat seem to tie up with reports of Blanc wanting to change his lineup/unsettled on a system, you'd be lead to believe the only thing in the way then is finances. 

26 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

According to this, he is expected to leave and has already been cleared for an exit by Blanc.

I know.. Awful source, but with a deal like this we take whatever we can get.

I’ll take anything from an account with a blue tick to grasp on to tbh lol