Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Complex or not, the deal won’t cost as much as fella from Argentina will it? 

Why does a deal need to be struck with Lyon? Can’t Shaktar just recall him if there’s interest in him? 

We shouldn’t be scrambling around this late again trying to get complex deals done in the worst window to do it in. I thought the new head of recruitment was recruited to prevent silliness like this? Unless this is genuinely a move to force Fiorentina to accept our offer? Which at this stage seems more likely? 

If we can’t a winger unfortunately we’re going to have to cough up the money and buy one, and not piss around trying to hammer a deal out. 

Not the head of recruitment’s job to get the deal done. His job to find the players.

Rudkin is the man you should be pointing the finger at for that one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dnewty said:

If true that says it all.
Take the players thought’s into consideration by all means but surely the final choice should be the manager’s.

How would that look lol

Players unanimously choose Evans. 

Manager thinks, '**** it, I'll choose who I want anyway'.

It'd be the perfect way to alienate your whole squad lol

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, dnewty said:

Take the players thought’s into consideration by all means but surely the final choice should be the manager’s.

You've clearly never been a manager in any walk of life before. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

West Ham now after him so hopefully if we are trying to sort something we get a swift move on

Hopefully the lure of London doesn't appeal to him too much, seems quite a west ham type signing. Similar to when they got Felipe Anderson and we were linked. 

1 hour ago, dnewty said:

Captains role off the pitch is pretty much the players representative to the manager and the club and helps with player welfare makes much more sense for the players to choose him and have a representative the respect and trust rather than have them forced in them by the manager

1 minute ago, DezFox said:

It will be very funny when he signs for West Ham for about 23mill and we make it clear we attempted for about 21 mill but a deal just couldn’t be made.  Then we panic buy Jack Harrison for 30mil. Then admin says something like “wow, new fox in town, how happy are we fans?”

it would be peak Leicester, peak Rodgers and I hate to say it, peak top. We can all see it can’t we? 

yep

7 minutes ago, DezFox said:

It will be very funny when he signs for West Ham for about 23mill and we make it clear we attempted for about 21 mill but a deal just couldn’t be made.  Then we panic buy Jack Harrison for 30mil. Then admin says something like “wow, new fox in town, how happy are we fans?”

it would be peak Leicester, peak Rodgers and I hate to say it, peak top. We can all see it can’t we? 

@Miquel The Work Geordie

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I do think it goes in our favour just how much we've wanted him for well over a year now. Our club has held talks with his representatives a number of times according to reports and I think we have to play on just how indispensable he will be here, it will lead to a large weekly wage but he ought to command it.

Also he'd go there having to compete with a few other wingers, he comes here as the stand out player.

Unfortunately we’ve done that with many players over the years that we haven’t ever been close to signing. 

Still, this has to happen. You deserve your 10/10 Ric Flair Rating signing. 

1 hour ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

West Ham now after him so hopefully if we are trying to sort something we get a swift move on

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

They'll have him signed by Friday.

1 hour ago, CyprusFox said:

He'll be playing for them in the fa cup Monday 

He’ll be in Garth Crooks’s “team of the week” a week on Saturday as West Ham become only the second team to beat Newcastle this season 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Imo, we can no longer blame rodgers for signings/non signings 

I'd love to have a concrete ITK that could tell us whether he influenced the signings of players such as Bertrand/Vestergaard and also whether he encouraged schmeichel to leave. The latter, schmeichel, was just a weird one.

• Like 1

Just now, AjcW said:

He wasn't stupid, if Kasper was here this season BR wouldn't have made it through the first run of bad form never mind this one.

He knew the season we had coming up and got rid of the player with the influence to impact his job security.

I wouldn't have agreed with you 6 months ago but I certainly do now!

• Like 1