Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

JUST GET IT DONE LCFC!

if our process is one at a time the club really needs to get a move on. if it’s within the budget just pay it and move on. Rogers has some serious work to do in the coming weeks preparing a team that can achieve a miraculous 3 points/game or a minimum of 1. Can’t keep relying on teams below us to stay there.

17 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'd love to have a concrete ITK that could tell us whether he influenced the signings of players such as Bertrand/Vestergaard and also whether he encouraged schmeichel to leave. The latter, schmeichel, was just a weird one.

Through people associated with the club, I know that Rodgers was the driving force in getting Vestergaard (don't know about Bertrand). 

• Like 1

Just now, oakman said:

Through people associated with the club, I know that Rodgers was the driving force in getting Vestergaard (don't know about Bertrand). 

If I were on my deathbed drawing my last breath and I was told that at that moment, well, I'd have literally died and gone to heaven. Brendan, you naughty boy.

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, CyprusFox said:

He'll be playing for them in the fa cup Monday 

If he were to join us, he would sustain a serious leg injury, when coming into contact with a blade of grass, in the first training session and will be ought for six months 

21 minutes ago, oakman said:

Should stress i'm not ITK (other than this little tit-bit). Also was told by the same person that the relationship between Rodgers and Rudkin was't the best and hasn't been for quite a long time.

This has been mentioned a few times. Its also been told a few times that Barnes and Rodgers don't communicate. Would hope these would be things the club would try to resolve. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

This has been mentioned a few times. Its also been told a few times that Barnes and Rodgers don't communicate. Would hope these would be things the club would try to resolve. 

That's surprises me always thought he'd be one of Rodgers golden boys and surprised he plays him every game if this is true. Guess guess we genuinely have no other option.

2 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

He’ll be in Garth Crooks’s “team of the week” a week on Saturday as West Ham become only the second team to beat Newcastle this season 

And then injured for the rest of the season. West Ham's record is pretty poor on injuries. Ings the latest example

15 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Actually i do tend to agree. Seemed to suddenly come out of nowhere and there is now so much noise around it that there has to be something in it. 

The noise about Madueke was like standing behind Concorde. Chelsea here we come. We are going to have to throw a huge amount of money at this to make it happen.

2 hours ago, oakman said:

Don't think that's quite right. He wanted a centre back after the Fofana injury and Vestergaard was the one they said they could get, and he agreed to it. He was the driving force in the sense that he wanted squad depth, but I don't think he specifically wanted that player. We had a one week gap between the Fofana injury and the start of the season so had to act quickly. 

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Don't think that's quite right. He wanted a centre back after the Fofana injury and Vestergaard was the one they said they could get, and he agreed to it. He was the driving force in the sense that he wanted squad depth, but I don't think he specifically wanted that player. We had a one week gap between the Fofana injury and the start of the season so had to act quickly. 

Mic drop. You're like the Foxestalk Peter Doocy.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Actually i do tend to agree. Seemed to suddenly come out of nowhere and there is now so much noise around it that there has to be something in it. 

I'm  sure we do have a genuine and long-term interest in signing him, doesn't mean we can make it happen.

But perhaps just this once we can beat West Ham and get it done.

Please..... pretty please

1 hour ago, Jabfox said:

That's surprises me always thought he'd be one of Rodgers golden boys and surprised he plays him every game if this is true. Guess guess we genuinely have no other option.

...bellows at Barnes enough times to show that he is not a Rodgers favourite!!!

If Barnes is out of the team then he has to revamp everything.  Tactics and formation will need to be addressed, and this would be where Nacho comes in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

If Barnes is out of the team then he has to revamp everything.  Tactics and formation will need to be addressed, and this would be where Nacho comes in.

Yeah fair point, agree with the Nacho part criminal how little he plays 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Barnes will be flying again once Maddison is back up and running.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The noise about Madueke was like standing behind Concorde. Chelsea here we come. We are going to have to throw a huge amount of money at this to make it happen.

Why do you assume we would need to throw a lot of money at it. Blanc seems open to him leaving Lyon, maybe just a little sweetener to release him from his loan and then Lyon had agreed a £17.5m buyout with Shakhtar, so can't see them wanting too much more than that. I'd say £25m tops to get the deal done but I don't actually know anything and have just plucked that figure out of the air. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Why do you assume we would need to throw a lot of money at it. Blanc seems open to him leaving Lyon, maybe just a little sweetener to release him from his loan and then Lyon had agreed a £17.5m buyout with Shakhtar, so can't see them wanting too much more than that. I'd say £25m tops to get the deal done but I don't actually know anything and have just plucked that figure out of the air. 

Given the war and collapse of gate revenue and its the inflated Jan. window , Shakhtar will be after as much as they can screw us for. Will we pay ? Our owners appear to be tightening up everywhere.