Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

This has been mentioned a few times. Its also been told a few times that Barnes and Rodgers don't communicate. Would hope these would be things the club would try to resolve. 

I really struggle to believe that. Barnes hardly seems like he has any sort of attitude problem. Its laughable the crap that comes up when a player is out of form  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Given the war and collapse of gate revenue and its the inflated Jan. window , Shakhtar will be after as much as they can screw us for. Will we pay ? Our owners appear to be tightening up everywhere.

It's not Shaktar with the upper hand on this, Lyon have an option to sign him that Shaktar can't get out of in the summer for £17.5m. Now, I'm sure Shaktar would try and see if they could squeeze an extra few million to agree to us instead buying him but really there comes a common sense approach for them that it's in their best interests to secure the money and if Lyon are happy with being suitably compensated for losing Tete then all parties get the deal done.

It really doesn't make much sense for Shaktar to piss around, the only way this goes back to square one for them is if the talks with us break down and Lyon also decide not to exercise the buy option on him in the summer. However how that would help Shaktar get a bigger fee than what Lyon or Leicester would pay is very debatable given his contract is up in December and can sign a pre contract in the summer and Shaktar don't get ANYTHING.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Given the war and collapse of gate revenue and its the inflated Jan. window , Shakhtar will be after as much as they can screw us for. Will we pay ? Our owners appear to be tightening up everywhere.

Shakhtar have just got a fortune for Mudryk so doubt they'll be desperate to screw us over. Seems alot of press coverage on it, so there must be something in it but it will ultimately come down to if we meet the demands of everyone involved. It will be really disappointing if we don't manage to get this done and Rodgers will actually have reason to moan if we don't get at least 2 more players in this window. 

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We go from the sublime to the ridiculous though, never ever thought we'd land Cambiasso or Tielemans and Daka and Soyuncu surprised me given who they seemingly appeared close to signing for at the time.

We are long overdue an impressive signing.

The last broadly recognised top player we signed was , mmm, Alan Clarke . I would include Jonny Evans but he was only recognised by those who knew a footballer when they saw one.A case could be made for Jon Sammels , he was a real coup.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The last broadly recognised top player we signed was , mmm, Alan Clarke . I would include Jonny Evans but he was only recognised by those who knew a footballer when they saw one.A case could be made for Jon Sammels , he was a real coup.

Cambiasso? 

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Cambiasso? 

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Cambiasso? 

Yes a great player but 34 when he joined us. I hardly ever remember in the last 50 years us signing a top ranked player in his mid twenties. We have sold a few mind you.

45 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Tielemans was very highly thought of when we signed him, but not in the top rank category, although neither is Tete. I'd put him similar level to Your.

44 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Yes a great player but 34 when he joined us. I hardly ever remember in the last 50 years us signing a top ranked player in his mid twenties. We have sold a few mind you.

Collymore… just a shame we was a few sandwiches short of a picnic 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Not so sure yes they got all that money but the shaktar president donated 25m of it to the ukranian soldiers 

9 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

so much for hearing more tomorrow.....what was said last night:S

“Hi, you have reached the voice mail of Sir King untouchable Rudkin DoF MIA AWOL. If you leave your name and number along with you message, I’ll get back to you after the 1st Feb. Thank you…has it beeped yet?”

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 3