Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Rodgers will be delighted though as he'll have more excuses to use for us being shite! He'd have nowhere to hide if we actually signed 2 or 3 decent players 

If we sign Souttar he'll have been backed with close to 60m in the past two windows. He's got nowhere to hide. 

32 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I'm weirdly optimistic about this one. It's a relatively complex deal but according to the reports, we're keen on the player, Lyon aren't too fussed about letting him go and the player wants to come.

I think things will start heating up as we approach the deadline and those involved start pulling late-nighters to get things done.

Can you run up to Seagrave for us and make sure their fax machine has a connection this time?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Captain... said:

So less than the Fofana money, that's not being backed.

That is being backed - we aren't in a financial position to spend more than we make every season. We've made money from a sale and the majority of it has gone straight back into the first team.

The net spend argument doesn't count. He's been given money to spend, over 300m since he joined the club and we are worse off than when he joined. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Ekambi has left Lyon to join Rennes.

They are either confident in keeping Tete or shipping out anyone who plays wide 

They've also said Faivre is free to leave. It's quite clear Blanc is moving away from using wingers. 

17 minutes ago, Dames said:

That is being backed - we aren't in a financial position to spend more than we make every season. We've made money from a sale and the majority of it has gone straight back into the first team.

The net spend argument doesn't count. He's been given money to spend, over 300m since he joined the club and we are worse off than when he joined. 

A lot of people on FT would disagree with this including me. We are right at the bottom of the net spend league and are very able to increase our wage ffp structure with room to spare. The problem is the lack of investment from the owners of which all other PL teams are spending more on investment in comparison.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They've also said Faivre is free to leave. It's quite clear Blanc is moving away from using wingers. 

Sorry for the dumb question but is the situation at the minute that Faivre goes to Lyon then we bid for Tete? Donetsk player wise isn't an issue so is it just cash to them with player withdrawal and then transfer? Thanks...

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

A lot of people on FT would disagree with this including me. We are right at the bottom of the net spend league and are very able to increase our wage ffp structure with room to spare. The problem is the lack of investment from the owners of which all other PL teams are spending more on investment in comparison.

How can someone present an argument that Rodgers hasn’t been backed, and say the net spend doesn’t count?????? So are we just to pretend that didn’t happen?

26 minutes ago, Dames said:

Brendan will also fail to mention his mismanagement of the crippling wage bill which has flew up since his arrival. 

Just now, Pliskin said:

How can someone present an argument that Rodgers hasn’t been backed, and say the net spend doesn’t count?????? So are we just to pretend that didn’t happen?

He has been backed but right in the beginning 3+ years ago and I've no qualms with agreeing that one, but it's what has happened since then that grates me with Rodgers longevity and the obvious refusal to back him. If they didn't want to back him then get rid and get someone in that they would back him. They haven't.

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

He has been backed but right in the beginning 3+ years ago and I've no qualms with agreeing that one, but it's what has happened since then that grates me with Rodgers longevity and the obvious refusal to back him. If they didn't want to back him then get rid and get someone in that they would back him. They haven't.

I think it’s clear there’s been a breakdown somewhere in the club between Rodgers and the backroom staff. But the question is why is he still here? Surely the club would put themselves into a position where they can’t remove Brendan without significant financial losses…… any other manager at any other club would have been axed ages ago. 

Or, they they all genuinely believe that no one else can do the job? 

To some degree I don’t blame them not giving him funding…. His transfer record is hideous. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Sorry for the dumb question but is the situation at the minute that Faivre goes to Lyon then we bid for Tete? Donetsk player wise isn't an issue so is it just cash to them with player withdrawal and then transfer? Thanks...

Faivre is at Lyon already and being told he can leave, he's a left footed right winger who we've been linked with in thr past and I'd be very keen on him worst case scenario.

They are apparently getting Thauvin who will be an impact player at his age from the bench I'd suspect. I hope they are still open to Tete going, they either want him permanently or they don't and if they don't but would ordinarily keep him until the summer then I suspect being compensated and replacing him with Thauvin will be sufficient.

Whatever, it needs to be sorted in the next day or so otherwise we move on.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I think that's it. The owners announced a few years ago that they wanted to club to be self sufficient and I guess that's where we are.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Faivre is at Lyon already and being told he can leave, he's a left footed right winger who we've been linked with in thr past and I'd be very keen on him worst case scenario.

They are apparently getting Thauvin who will be an impact player at his age from the bench I'd suspect. I hope they are still open to Tete going, they either want him permanently or they don't and if they don't but would ordinarily keep him until the summer then I suspect being compensated and replacing him with Thauvin will be sufficient.

Whatever, it needs to be sorted in the next day or so otherwise we move on.

Thanks Ric. The player transfer spider web is sometimes over my head. I'll hedge my bets that it's too late, but I'd like to hope atleast.

Sees Tete topic is hot. Gets excited only to find its people talking about Rodgers and net spend. 

I may have started this though with my earlier Rodgers comment, so I apologise to anyone who came here hoping for news 🤣

• Haha 3