Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

@Mickyblueeyes

Well that's not correct. Lyon have him on a season long loan so they can decide if they want to keep him, and if they do, there's no negotiating with Shaktar as they can't sell him to us as it'll be in breach of the conditions of the loan. So Lyon absolutely have a say and as a result are part of the negotiations. Shaktar can be more than willing to sell to us but have a contract with Lyon which they can't simply break because we've turned up. So it's completely plausible for this to be done on one side.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimJams said:

@Mickyblueeyes

Well that's not correct. Lyon have him on a season long loan so they can decide if they want to keep him, and if they do, there's no negotiating with Shaktar as they can't sell him to us as it'll be in breach of the conditions of the loan. So Lyon absolutely have a say and as a result are part of the negotiations. Shaktar can be more than willing to sell to us but have a contract with Lyon which they can't simply break because we've turned up. So it's completely plausible for this to be done on one side.

So we pay Lyon x amount to free him from the loan deal, Shakhtar £30 million for the players contract and Tete about £7 million a year . job done . Simples or not!

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

So we pay Lyon x amount to free him from the loan deal, Shakhtar £30 million for the players contract and Tete about £7 million a year . job done . Simples or not!

The only real issue is if Lyon want to keep him. If they don't then this deal has a possible chance of happening. I'd like to think we know whether they do or not but then again, it's Leicester.

23 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This guy. Mr Insider has given himself away as an absolute liar. 

Anyone who tells us that we have a deal agreed with one party and not the other is lying. Is clueless. 

We have no need to negotiate with Lyon. Lyon will not negotiate with us. It will be Shaktar and only Shaktar that we need to convince. 

That is why this deal is being labelled as "difficult" because for once, it genuinely is. 

Doesn't sound like you're exactly correct, not from what we understand, but we don't know the ins and outs of the deal Shaktar have with Lyon. 

They have him on a season long loan, with a pre agreed figure for him. If the contract is set as so, then they pay the figure as he's their player. If they're considering activating the pre agreed transfer now, he's effectively their player already. 

I don't pretend to know what happens with football finances, but I'd take a guess Lyon would be well within their rights to block the transfer or could be due some compensation if the transfer to us went through, whether that's directly from us, or through Shaktar as almost a 3rd party, even though he's still technically their player. 

The negotiation with Lyon could well be how much they're willing to accept, which could mean we pay them direct, or pay extra to Shaktar and they pay them. 

Again, I'm thinking of stuff that is probably well wide of the mark, but Lyon are a player in this because of the contract they have with Shaktar, if there's no recall option, if there is indeed a pre agreed transfer option, then there's not much either us or his parent club can do without Lyon agreeing to it all

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

logical thing as stated, we pay Lyon say £3/5mil to end the loan agreement and Shakhtar £17.5mil for Tete

Lyon get Thauvin on a free, everyone gets what they want i suppose

but its leicester.....so anything happens its a bonus

Or Lyon get Djed Spence on loan (reported interested), they change their shape to suit

18 minutes ago, JimJams said:

@Mickyblueeyes

We don't know what the conditions are, do we? It might be the parent club can recall at anytime should it receive an exceptable offer. Who knows :dunno:

19 minutes ago, JimJams said:

@Mickyblueeyes

Do you know the terms of the loan deal?  There may well be a re-call clause inserted, as there are in many loans.  Like how we recalled Barnes from his loan a few years ago.  Recall a player from a loan, and you can sell him.

47 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

That’s not the case at all Lookman being the prime example this summer. Players can go to teams for more or less dependent on how they perform. That agreement is contracted to Lyon only, he doesn’t have a release clause of that amount.

But Lyon have a set price to buy him for.

Shakhtar will sell him to Lyon for £17m or whatever it is.

Therefore the price we'll have to pay is £17m plus whatever Lyon want on top, surely?

16 minutes ago, JimJams said:

@Mickyblueeyes

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Doesn't sound like you're exactly correct, not from what we understand, but we don't know the ins and outs of the deal Shaktar have with Lyon. 

They have him on a season long loan, with a pre agreed figure for him. If the contract is set as so, then they pay the figure as he's their player. If they're considering activating the pre agreed transfer now, he's effectively their player already. 

I don't pretend to know what happens with football finances, but I'd take a guess Lyon would be well within their rights to block the transfer or could be due some compensation if the transfer to us went through, whether that's directly from us, or through Shaktar as almost a 3rd party, even though he's still technically their player. 

The negotiation with Lyon could well be how much they're willing to accept, which could mean we pay them direct, or pay extra to Shaktar and they pay them. 

Again, I'm thinking of stuff that is probably well wide of the mark, but Lyon are a player in this because of the contract they have with Shaktar, if there's no recall option, if there is indeed a pre agreed transfer option, then there's not much either us or his parent club can do without Lyon agreeing to it all

I think you guys are miss understanding what I am saying. 

think about what a guy who labels himself as "Insider" is telling us he knows ?

What are we going to pay Lyon ? For what ? and how are we going to do that. Think about the difficulty surrounding that and the situation Shaktar are in and what they need to do to finalise that ?

There will no money changing hands between Leicester City and Lyon in this deal. 

An Insider wouldnt refer to it like that. We cant know what it will cost nor will Shaktar tell us we have a deal until they know what Lyon are doing. Trust me, think of the ins and outs. Its basic contractual law. We may know what the valuation of Tete (minus the ins and outs) is to Shaktar but by no means will have a deal until the two other parties have sorted things. 

I am calling out the ITK rather than what your knowledge is of this deal (minus the paperwork). 

With regards to LCFCInsider: He does have links with someone in the club given some of the things he has said, however other things are wide of the mark. 

So I wouldn't totally discredit them but take some things with a pinch of salt.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

But Lyon have a set price to buy him for.

Shakhtar will sell him to Lyon for £17m or whatever it is.

Therefore the price we'll have to pay is £17m plus whatever Lyon want on top, surely?

It is true that Shakhtar have an agreed price with Lyon, but what is to stop them asking us for whatever they want over and above that, we say no then Lyon still have that option for £17.5m.

The only way Shakhtar lose out by asking us for big bucks is if Lyon decide not to take up the option (do we know it definitely isn't an obligation?)

If I were advising Shakhtar I would 100% be asking for more money from the cash rich Premier League club (except I wouldn't be cause I know which club they're dealing with!)

Edited by talking_goldfish

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

We don't know what the conditions are, do we? It might be the parent club can recall at anytime should it receive an exceptable offer. Who knows :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Do you know the terms of the loan deal?  There may well be a re-call clause inserted, as there are in many loans.  Like how we recalled Barnes from his loan a few years ago.  Recall a player from a loan, and you can sell him.

No we don't know, but we can reasonably assume they don't have a recall option just by the way every report on our interest cites it being difficult due to having a 3rd party involved in Lyon. If Shaktar can simply recall and sell on, then this is no different to any other transfer, we make an offer get it accepted/knocked back sign or not. But the sources (whose credibility runs a wide gamut) all seem to point to needing to involve Lyon, when a recall would mitigate that.

Probably safe to assume this will work in a similar manner to the Weghorst deal.

1 minute ago, talking_goldfish said:

It is true that Shakhtar have an agreed price with Lyon, but what is to stop them asking us for whatever they want over and above that, we say no then Lyon still have that option for £17.5m.

The only way Shakhtar lose out by asking us for big bucks is if Lyon decide not to take up the option (do we know it definitely isn't an obligation?)

If I were advising Shakhtar I would 100% be asking for more money from the cash rich Premier League club (except I wouldn't be cause I know which club they're dealing with!)

Wouldn't Lyon have the right to sue if Shakhtar sold a player they'd already agreed to sell to Lyon for a particular price?

If Shakhtar sell Tete to us for more than that £17m, surely Lyon would say that they were "cheated" (not right word but it'll do) out of whatever profit they may have made on that £17m.

I'm not at all au fait with Football Law but I don't think Lyon would be happy with that.

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What are we going to pay Lyon ? For what ? and how are we going to do that. Think about the difficulty surrounding that and the situation Shaktar are in and what they need to do to finalise that ?

There will no money changing hands between Leicester City and Lyon in this deal. 

An Insider wouldnt refer to it like that. We cant know what it will cost nor will Shaktar tell us we have a deal until they know what Lyon are doing. Trust me, think of the ins and outs. Its basic contractual law. We may know what the valuation of Tete (minus the ins and outs) is to Shaktar but by no means will have a deal until the two other parties have sorted things. 

I am calling out the ITK rather than what your knowledge is of this deal (minus the paperwork). 

From the comments I have read (and what I am presuming) is that we would pay Lyon a fee for them NOT to sign Tete, i.e. to give up that right. A 'sweetener'.  Player returns to Shaktar, we sign the player.

Does that sound plausible?

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Spot on. Shakhtar will have to pay compensation to Lyon to terminate the loan deal, we'll then end up paying that plus whatever extra Shakhtar want, to Shakhtar. 

We won't be paying Lyon anything, directly. We've probably gone to them to ask if they'd be willing to terminate. The rest will be negotiated through Shakhtar as the middle men re the loan compensation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

The problem for Shaktar there is his contract is up on 31/12/23 so he has less than a year. If it goes to the summer, and Lyon don't take the option, they'll have a player who only has 6 months left. So then the offers are derisory or the player himself simply decides to wait out until he's a free agent. It's a risk for them to push for more unless they're confident that Lyon will do the deal. Or maybe we come sniffing back in the Summer, which represents a risk, as we could potentially be a champ side then with no offer on the table. Their best bet is to sell now for what they agreed with Lyon, but to us. Guaranteed money now is better than potentially getting a bit more later at the risk of getting bugger all.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Lyon can be compensated for breaking the loan deal but think it comes via Shaltar. Therefore we agree all the necessary and pay Shaktar who pay Lyon as well.