Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

3 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I've been told that it looks promising and hopefully progress will be made in the next 24hrs. 

I'm not ITK, I have certain bits given to me from the scouting side. We all know he's been tracked by the club for years and he'd be a club signing not a brendon signing same with Victor K.

Got me excited again. Don't let me down. You won't like me when I'm disappointed!🤣

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

Spot on. Shakhtar will have to pay compensation to Lyon to terminate the loan deal, we'll then end up paying that plus whatever extra Shakhtar want, to Shakhtar. 

We won't be paying Lyon anything, directly. We've probably gone to them to ask if they'd be willing to terminate. The rest will be negotiated through Shakhtar as the middle men re the loan compensation.

Man Utd literally just paid Besiktas 2.5mill for them to release Weghorst from their loan deal with Burnley. It doesn't have to go through Shaktar. Though it probably would.

We don't even know if or how far Lyon have gone paying Shaktar for the loan in the first place. If they've not paid anything on that, just waiving that fee could be enough.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Wouldn't Lyon have the right to sue if Shakhtar sold a player they'd already agreed to sell to Lyon for a particular price?

If Shakhtar sell Tete to us for more than that £17m, surely Lyon would say that they were "cheated" (not right word but it'll do) out of whatever profit they may have made on that £17m.

I'm not at all au fait with Football Law but I don't think Lyon would be happy with that.

No, you are right, we would absolutely have to get Lyon on board, and offer them some money. This only works if Lyon agree as contractually he will be their player at the end of the loan should they wish to purchase Tete. But it doesn't stop them asking for more money from us as well.

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Got me excited again. Don't let me down. You won't like me when I'm disappointed!🤣

IF the deal goes ahead it won't be done and dusted till Mon or Tues. I wouldn't expect an announcement over the weekend....Souttar maybe 😉

As we've seen with Danjuma this week anything can happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

Man Utd literally just paid Besiktas 2.5mill for them to release Weghorst from their loan deal with Burnley. It doesn't have to go through Shaktar. Though it probably would.

We don't even know if or how far Lyon have gone paying Shaktar for the loan in the first place. If they've not paid anything on that, just waiving that fee could be enough.

Didn't Weghorst pay that himself?

Obviously compensated for it by United.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Lyon can be compensated for breaking the loan deal but think it comes via Shaltar. Therefore we agree all the necessary and pay Shaktar who pay Lyon as well.

Exactly. 

There is 3 ways this happens.

1. Shaktar and Lyon negotiate a release - we pay the sum to Shaktar they pay on seperate agreement to Lyon. 

2. We bypass Shaktar and negotiate an option to buy with Lyon directly (unlikely - difficult probably because there is an agreement not to assign in the agreement) and Lyon sell the option to us. Its also difficult as to what the triggers are around that option. 

3. Lyon buy out a release of their option - very unlikely. 

Possible 4th way is we "buy" the loan directly from Lyon but see 2 for difficulties there. 

When you apply methods  above - think of the difficulties around it  - its a bitch deal to do. 

The suggestion we have an agreement with Shaktar and then to suggestion negotiation with Lyon is just not the way anyone would refer to it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

The problem for Shaktar there is his contract is up on 31/12/23 so he has less than a year. If it goes to the summer, and Lyon don't take the option, they'll have a player who only has 6 months left. So then the offers are derisory or the player himself simply decides to wait out until he's a free agent. It's a risk for them to push for more unless they're confident that Lyon will do the deal. Or maybe we come sniffing back in the Summer, which represents a risk, as we could potentially be a champ side then with no offer on the table. Their best bet is to sell now for what they agreed with Lyon, but to us. Guaranteed money now is better than potentially getting a bit more later at the risk of getting bugger all.

I agree, for them the very best thing they can do is sell him to us (altho I still expect them to as for an extra £1m or 2). There is no way they can know if Lyon will definitely take up the offer, however if Lyon say they will take up the offer and refuse to let him out of his loan then there is nothing Shakhtar, or us, can do.

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Exactly. 

There is 3 ways this happens.

1. Shaktar and Lyon negotiate a release - we pay the sum to Shaktar they pay on seperate agreement to Lyon. 

2. We bypass Shaktar and negotiate an option to buy with Lyon directly (unlikely - difficult probably because there is an agreement not to assign in the agreement) and Lyon sell the option to us. Its also difficult as to what the triggers are around that option. 

3. Lyon buy out a release of their option - very unlikely. 

Possible 4th way is we "buy" the loan directly from Lyon but see 2 for difficulties there. 

When you apply methods  above - think of the difficulties around it  - its a bitch deal to do. 

The suggestion we have an agreement with Shaktar and then to suggestion negotiation with Lyon is just not the way anyone would refer to it. 

Doesn't it also depend on what Tete wants?

29 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Wouldn't Lyon have the right to sue if Shakhtar sold a player they'd already agreed to sell to Lyon for a particular price?

If Shakhtar sell Tete to us for more than that £17m, surely Lyon would say that they were "cheated" (not right word but it'll do) out of whatever profit they may have made on that £17m.

I'm not at all au fait with Football Law but I don't think Lyon would be happy with that.

Long story short, no. 

Shaktar could sell him to us for a fiver and a bag of Wotsits or for twenty Challenger tanks and a billion in change, makes no difference to Lyon. 

The clause just acts as a sort of minimum release clause exclusive to Lyon for the duration of his loan.

It also means precisely fvck all to Tete. He under no obligation what so ever to sign for Lyon, if he wants to go to a bigger league than France then they're shit out of luck. If his value drops then they're shit out of luck. 

I guess what they could do, if his value were to balloon, would be to sign him just to simply sell him on immediately and agree to give him personally a cut of the profit to agree to sign*. But that's a stretch. 

Nothing to stop Shaktar demanding 50m from us if they know he definitely doesn't want to sign for Lyon. They probably won't though. 

(*was Alvaro Morata not once used like this?) 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I've been told that it looks promising and hopefully progress will be made in the next 24hrs. 

I'm not ITK, I have certain bits given to me from the scouting side. We all know he's been tracked by the club for years and he'd be a club signing not a brendon signing same with Victor K.

I don’t know who you are or if your telling the truth or not but you’re giving me hope and getting me excited again.. Stop it! 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Long story short, no. 

Shaktar could sell him to us for a fiver and a bag of Wotsits or for twenty Challenger tanks and a billion in change, makes no difference to Lyon. 

The clause just acts as a sort of minimum release clause exclusive to Lyon for the duration of his loan.

It also means precisely fvck all to Tete. He under no obligation what so ever to sign for Lyon, if he wants to go to a bigger league than France then they're shit out of luck. If his value drops then they're shit out of luck. 

I guess what they could do, if his value were to balloon, would be to sign him just to simply sell him on immediately and agree to give him personally a cut of the profit to agree to sign. But that's a stretch. 

Nothing to stop Shaktar demanding 50m from us if they know he definitely doesn't want to sign for Lyon. They probably won't though. 

Talking of tanks Thai army has some Ukraine tanks.  Come on Top have a word with the King, chuck in a few tanks BISH, BASH,BOSH we have a deal 😉 

Screenshot_20230126_140158_Chrome.jpg

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Long story short, no. 

I guess what they could do, if his value were to balloon, would be to sign him just to simply sell him on immediately and agree to give him personally a cut of the profit to agree to sign. But that's a stretch. 

Maybe , but they have just screwed Chelsea for far more than the kid's worth. 

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

Talking of tanks Thai army has some Ukraine tanks.  Come on Top have a word with the King, chuck in a few tanks BISH, BASH,BOSH we have a deal 😉 

Screenshot_20230126_140158_Chrome.jpg

Sadly mate, the Thai Upper brass are more likely to send tanks to Russia. Longstanding allies for over a hundred years. Nothing to do with our owners of course.

Lyon may have an option to buy in the summer but that is completely irrelevant if the player doesn't want to sign for them. If he says that he won't sign, then that leaves shaktar in a bit of a mess come the summer as they will be left with a player who's contract expires in six months.

Shaktar will want this deal done and, if the player makes it clear that he will not sign for Lyon,  then they (lyon) are powerless to do anything about it. The only card they hold currently, is the players registration, which they could refuse to release unless they are suitably compensated. This is probably the stumbling block as they know they can screw shaktar over. This would then leave them paying the players wages while he throws a mardy for blocking his move however. Oh, and of course we would also need to have personal terms agreed with the player himself, arrange work permits etc 

So yes, complex

Edited by urban fox