Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

29 minutes ago, shiv said:

This feels like nonsense. If his contract was suspended then he couldn't have signed 'on loan' for Lyon - it would've been a short-term regular contract instead (i.e. no option to buy). 

Even if it is true though that we can't buy him (yet), then surely we'd just agree a loan with compulsory buy clause in June, which would be functionally the same thing as a normal transfer (except maybe a difference in how the player's wages are structured).

• Like 1

Ok - I am stumped on why we can't sign him beyond June, but here is my best guess without seeing the papers. 

When the war in Ukraine broke out, in order to suspend the contract, Shaktar triggered the Force Majeure clause within the contract. That effectively suspends the contract performance - that means the date on which the contract ends is not what we think it is. The contract is essentially frozen until such time that the FM event subsides or the contract allows for termination of either party. 

However, the above analogy still causes me with two problems. 

1) The FM event, has continued for so long that effectively the contract should've frustrated (ended on the basis that the contract cannot conclude). 

2) there is no reason why he cant sign for us beyond June. 

But otherwise, I can't work it out. If we sign him, we have bought out a suspended contract and therefore he can sign with us (an altogether third party for as long as he wants). 

Murdyk deal to Chelsea was different because the FM clause to suspend was triggered on Ukrainian players. 

43 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Pob Porsett ratioed + cucked + washed + finished reporter + Fabrizio is clear

lol

This is the kind of quality post I come here for.

Edited by RoboFox

24 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ok - I am stumped on why we can't sign him beyond June, but here is my best guess without seeing the papers. 

When the war in Ukraine broke out, in order to suspend the contract, Shaktar triggered the Force Majeure clause within the contract. That effectively suspends the contract performance - that means the date on which the contract ends is not what we think it is. The contract is essentially frozen until such time that the FM event subsides or the contract allows for termination of either party. 

However, the above analogy still causes me with two problems. 

1) The FM event, has continued for so long that effectively the contract should've frustrated (ended on the basis that the contract cannot conclude). 

2) there is no reason why he cant sign for us beyond June. 

But otherwise, I can't work it out. If we sign him, we have bought out a suspended contract and therefore he can sign with us (an altogether third party for as long as he wants). 

Murdyk deal to Chelsea was different because the FM clause to suspend was triggered on Ukrainian players. 

Scenes when Percy tweets that it's a permanent deal

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I never post ITK stuff because I'm just not but I've been told this will happen tomorrow despite late interest from Leeds. Comes from a very good source within the club btw.

There's no late interest from Leeds, because there's no interest from Leeds.  It makes no sense for them and never did, and their local reporters are saying it's a complete mixup.