Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

Am I real? 

Thanks for clearing that up. You just never know on the Internet these days. Is Jannik Vestergaard real or a really bad nightmare?

Just re read and realised you were asking if you're real rather than stating it. I don't know, can you tell me? 

Edited by jayfox26

5 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

So how does this short term contract thing work then? Presumably it's not a loan in the traditional sense as it's on a special licence. What will that cost us until June? Surely not a huge amount?

*If* it's even a thing, then it won't functionally be any different from a normal transfer. Ultimately we'd pay Shakhtar the agreed upon fee and the player would sign a contract with us.

There may be a number of contractual work-arounds needed, but the deal will ultimately be the same.

• Lyon will likely be owed some sort of compensation. Shakhtar will pay this, although that money will likely come from ourselves as part of the agreement.
  • We may pay a loan fee upfront with an obligation to buy built in - so the main transfer may happen in June, but he'd be our player from now.
  • The transfer fee would be fixed today - essentially a 'buy now pay later' to skirt past any weird contract laws in place.
  • Player wages/bonuses etc may be more complicated if its officially a loan, as the player's terms at shakhtar, Lyon and here would potentially be different and may need some adjustment during the 'loan' period to make the contract more like what he would be offered were it a permanent signing (assuming we're paying more).

The only thing I'm not sure on is if the player could refuse to sign for us in the summer, which seems unlikely anyway. I'm not sure if individual pre-contracts like that can be legally binding at this stage or if the player still has final say. It may be that FIFA etc need to get involved as its a special case, which could be the reason for any delays. I don't know if any other foreign players from the league have moved in similar circumstances, but it's certainly not a 'normal' transfer, by any means. But once the paperwork is sorted the underlying deal will be nothing out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

Just now, Rigga said:

Replacement for Maddison ?

we have needed a right sided player for ages…

BR has a reluctance to play Maddison in the number 10 role.. starting him right and he drifts in..

so who plays where ?

not sure he has a reluctance to play him there we have just played him there and allowed him to drift as we havent had anyone else decent enough to play on the right. 

for me the midfield now should (could) be 

Mendy Tielemans 

Tete Maddison Barnes 

If Tielemans goes and Maddisons stays then you play KDH in Tielemans position 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Replacement for Maddison ?

we have needed a right sided player for ages…

BR has a reluctance to play Maddison in the number 10 role.. starting him right and he drifts in..

so who plays where ?

He doesn't have a reluctance to playing Madders in 10, he has a lack of options on the right wing and a player who wants to demonstrate to Southgate that he can play in more positions that just the 10.

If this deal gets done, then he will likely be a replacement for Perez, not Maddison. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Castagne will be buzzing at the prospect of not having to cover the entirety of the right side of the field by himself.

With Kristiansen, Tete and Ricardo's return, poor Timmy is going to go from being first/best-choice Left back, Right back and de facto right winger, to back-up across the board.

He's due a break in all fairness. Although I suppose he got that after Belgium's WC exit... lol