Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

Just now, Xen said:

With Kristiansen, Tete and Ricardo's return, poor Timmy is going to go from being first/best-choice Left back, Right back and de facto right winger, to back-up across the board.

He's due a break in all fairness. Although I suppose he got that after Belgium's WC exit... lol

he’s also shit 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

I don’t see us announcing a signing on the same Saturday as a game, so let’s take it with a pinch of salt and have a nice surprise when it happens lol

I agree completely, but then we're talking ITKs so who are we lowly plebs to apply logic to the situation? 

Well if all this about his contract situation is correct then his deal with Shaktar will not end in December as it is currently suspended. If the war drags on, then he will still have at least 18 months from when it restarts, which could be who knows when.

No wonder they said it was complicated ffs. If this comes off, and we somehow get him on a permanent deal, then Rudders and Co have played a blinder.

23 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

He's either gonna be a sensation or an absolute disaster. Just feels like there will be no in-between lol

Here's the thing, this guy is a very hot or cold player. World beater one game, pony the next. For context, all wingers are like this, even Mahrez. It's just that the best ones have more good days than bad. That's why the very top teams have 6 or so attackers, so they can rotate to the keep them fresh but also make sure the ones that are playing are in form. 

But right now we are in a relegation scrap. If he got 8-10 G+A between now and the end of the season, that could be the difference between staying up and not. For me the biggest thing is that it will make the entire team function better than it did before. If we shift Maddison to the middle, then you've got threats from Barnes, Maddison and Tete all over the pitch. I bet Daka / Vardy start scoring as they will get more space. The entire team can push up, etc, etc. 

I do wonder if he's meant for the 4231 or the 433, and what we do with Maddison. You can't get Ndidi, Tielemans, KDH, Maddison and Tete into the same team. For me the answer is to drop Ndidi who has not looked like the same player for a long time. But I suppose the flexibility is useful to have. Lookman for example often made a big impact as a sub, whereas we don't really seem to be able to change it up much these days.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Here's the thing, this guy is a very hot or cold player. World beater one game, pony the next. For context, all wingers are like this, even Mahrez. It's just that the best ones have more good days than bad. That's why the very top teams have 6 or so attackers, so they can rotate to the keep them fresh but also make sure the ones that are playing are in form. 

But right now we are in a relegation scrap. If he got 8-10 G+A between now and the end of the season, that could be the difference between staying up and not. For me the biggest thing is that it will make the entire team function better than it did before. If we shift Maddison to the middle, then you've got threats from Barnes, Maddison and Tete all over the pitch. I bet Daka / Vardy start scoring as they will get more space. The entire team can push up, etc, etc. 

I do wonder if he's meant for the 4231 or the 433, and what we do with Maddison. You can't get Ndidi, Tielemans, KDH, Maddison and Tete into the same team. For me the answer is to drop Ndidi who has not looked like the same player for a long time. But I suppose the flexibility is useful to have. Lookman for example often made a big impact as a sub, whereas we don't really seem to be able to change it up much these days.

Just to have a forward playing on the right who can control the ball, then and take someone on or pass it would be a massive step up for us.

We’re desperate for this type of signing and hopefully it comes off!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Collymore said:

For a minute I thought this was fake until I noticed he Lyon shirt has a more of a standard collar so the sun tan mark is actually legit. 

It's happened people! 

being a Graphic designer down in London i can safely say this is top rate work, :appl:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Just to have a forward playing on the right who can control the ball, then and take someone on or pass it would be a massive step up for us.

We’re desperate for this type of signing and hopefully it comes off!

Yep even at our best moves often broke down when we went down the right unless Ricardo overlapped Perez. Barnes is often maligned but his G+A is meaningful. This player should sharpen up our whole attack. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

“Tetê is leaving Lyon for Leicester. Contract in England will run until the middle of the year. Grêmio has added value in the contract with Shakhtar and will not receive anything from this deal.”

sweet butter crumpets!!!!!

• Haha 1

Not gonna lie I’m pretty disappointed with it only being 6 months.

Just means we’re in the same position in the summer looking for a new winger. I guess if he’s crap it’s a good thing but he’s going to be magic isn’t he? lol 

He’ll probably end up at Spurs on a free or something after impressing with us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

That suggests a pure loan, surely we have some kind of buy amount included.

yeah this is the better option considering the circumstance right now. I really dont want another Ahmed Musa situ. :ph34r:

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Not gonna lie I’m pretty disappointed with it only being 6 months.

Just means we’re in the same position in the summer looking for a new winger. I guess if he’s crap it’s a good thing but he’s going to be magic isn’t he? lol 

He’ll probably end up at Spurs on a free or something after impressing with us. 

I doubt we'd go to all this trouble just for a 6 month deal. And I'm not sure what Shakhtar would gain out of it either - they're losing the player in the next 12 months regardless (can't see him signing a new contract) and seems like Lyon aren't that fussed about taking their option to buy, so its in Shakhtar's interest to sell.

The 6 month clause - which seems to have come from Dorsett's tweet (in other words, dubious) - will most likely just be a contract work-around.

Easiest way for the player- that way if we get relegated he gets to stay in the prem without complication. But it’s probably got an option to sign permanently for us if we stay up.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

Are we about to pull off a master stroke? 

I may be way off the mark so excuse me.

But if this is a loan, and his deal with Shaktar is closer to the end than the start…. Is there a chance we could end up getting him for free? And all we would have paid is money to Lyon?