Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Not gonna lie I’m pretty disappointed with it only being 6 months.

Just means we’re in the same position in the summer looking for a new winger. I guess if he’s crap it’s a good thing but he’s going to be magic isn’t he? lol 

He’ll probably end up at Spurs on a free or something after impressing with us. 

Not necessarily, if there’s an option to buy and he keeps us up, then we can activate that. He’s going to have a statue erected before he has even kicked a ball purely because he is a Brazilian……

12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Not gonna lie I’m pretty disappointed with it only being 6 months.

Just means we’re in the same position in the summer looking for a new winger. I guess if he’s crap it’s a good thing but he’s going to be magic isn’t he? lol 

He’ll probably end up at Spurs on a free or something after impressing with us. 

There be a buy clause for us

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

Out of interest @Ric Flairwhere do you rate him on your list of LFRW's

He's stand out number 1 pal

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Right. I’ve looked into From a legal perspective. What Dorset is saying is completely right.

Russia attacked the Ukraine - Shaktar triggered the FM clause in the contract effectively suspending the contract from the date of notice. This means the contract is not currently running. 

The suspension trigger has to have a fixed date. It allows both parties to suspend liability. That includes Shak tar paying Tete his wages. Hence the short term deal (effectively a licence) for Tete to play for Lyon. He can’t be loaned out because the contract is suspended. 

The option to purchase is included in the agreement between Lyon and Shaktar on the basis that the contract restarts on the intended date (remember Tete’s contract is suspended so no expiry on the previous date - the dates are pushed until restart). 

The FM date needs a fixed end date or it’s unclear and (I’m applying English law principles here) therefore amounts to an agreement to agree which is void.

IF the war doesn’t end on the FM end date, shaktar either extend the FM date (if they can) to an agreed long stop or terminate. Lyon pay the fee.

We are effectively doing the same thing.

Ofcourse, I havent seen the papers - this is just me giving a birds eye view.  

Complex deal.

Good work pal, I find it quite astounding though that Shaktar can effectively prolong his contract by pausing it. I'm pretty sure it was Tete who took advantage of being able to sign elsewhere though? I'd be amazed if he was willing to agree to having his contract paused, David Neres didn't do this and instead was sold direct to Benfica.

I can only assume that Lyon couldn't have a legitimate option to sign for £17.5m in June then, certainly not a legal one anyway. Maybe at best just an agreement in principle.

It's very very murky this is

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Good work pal, I find it quite astounding though that Shaktar can effectively prolong his contract by pausing it. I'm pretty sure it was Tete who took advantage of being able to sign elsewhere though? I'd be amazed if he was willing to agree to having his contract paused, David Neres didn't do this and instead was sold direct to Benfica.

I can only assume that Lyon couldn't have a legitimate option to sign for £17.5m in June then, certainly not a legal one anyway. Maybe at best just an agreement in principle.

Surely if a deal works for tete and works for shaktar, why would they stand in the way. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What gets me is l, if his contract is paused, why would we even need to negotiate with them, much less pay them anything. 

1 minute ago, messerschmitt said:

In fairness there were plenty of Leicester fans who wern't too bothered Lookman left and look at that now.

I was in the not too bothered camp whilst the transfer window was open.

It was evident very early on that for whatever reason we didn’t have the budget/capacity to sign what on paper was a back up LW.

Tete on the other hand is a RW with a left foot….HUGE difference plus he’s Brazilian 👀