Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's stand out number 1 pal

Good work pal, I find it quite astounding though that Shaktar can effectively prolong his contract by pausing it. I'm pretty sure it was Tete who took advantage of being able to sign elsewhere though? I'd be amazed if he was willing to agree to having his contract paused, David Neres didn't do this and instead was sold direct to Benfica.

I can only assume that Lyon couldn't have a legitimate option to sign for £17.5m in June then, certainly not a legal one anyway. Maybe at best just an agreement in principle.

It's very very murky this is

The key thing is, they cant suspend indefinitely. When you trigger Force Majeure, its a set period. You're effectively telling the otherside, I cant fulfil this contract because of an Act of God - best example, see COVID times. A lot of contract were either terminated or suspended for a set period and then renegotiated. So its in the interest of both parties to find a resolution (Shaktar so they are not left with a terminated contract and Tete so he can get a move). 

I'm giving you an oversight - apply what I think is happening - there are also global suspension agreements etc. Which, let me tell you its too late on a Friday to explain that. So I am making an educated guess. 

Lyon probably did have an option but the problem is the trigger for that option is the FM trigger is released. Potentially its on termination if the FM event hasnt ended - the thing I cant get head around is how the parties agreed a fee - it will probably come to me later. 

When you get knee deep into a contract and how it works, its ****ing interesting - but again, this is all theory - I need the papers to understand it better (feel free to call LCFC legal department - I'll do you a £500 an hour special!)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I was in the not too bothered camp whilst the transfer window was open.

It was evident very early on that for whatever reason we didn’t have the budget/capacity to sign what on paper was a back up LW.

Tete on the other hand is a RW with a left foot….HUGE difference plus he’s Brazilian 👀

I agree with you, I'm making the point that just because Lyon fans don't seem too bothered he's leaving, isn't a reason to think he's not that good.

Just now, messerschmitt said:

I agree with you, I'm making the point that just because Lyon fans don't seem too bothered he's leaving, isn't a reason to think he's not that good.

Ohhh, total mis-understanding from my end.

As I think @StriderHiryusaid he’s a winger who is typically hot and cold but having a natural winger who will want to run past player/stretch the front line is so worth it.

Then if that isn’t working a change of shape during the game could come into play.

I’m just hoping that we aren’t all going to be extremely disappointed if/when the signing doesn’t happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

Not sure about this

Lyon fans don't really care if he leaves

Lyon are a team in the shit, the form of many of their players hasn’t been great recently.

Saving Tete from Lyon could be a good thing all round.

There’s always the possibility he flops; however in terms of realistic wingers he’s the best bet right now. Six goals in all competitions for Lyon this season, if he can chip in with 6-10 goals for us between now and May, then that should make Leicester fans fairly happy.

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Lyon are a team in the shit, the form of many of their players hasn’t been great recently.

Saving Tete from Lyon could be a good thing all round.

There’s always the possibility he flops; however in terms of realistic wingers he’s the best bet right now. Six goals in all competitions for Lyon this season, if he can chip in with 6-10 goals for us between now and May, then that should make Leicester fans fairly happy.

In terms of his output in certain attacking stats, Tete has been performing well. Good analysis on the RL podcast about him this week. @Ric Flair knows a good player when he sees one too

Good performance stats wise doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll replicate in the premier league. But this is the same for any player you have to take risk based on good due diligence by the club. 

• Like 1