Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

if his deal does end in December then I suspect there could be a loan to buy option in the whole deal

all depends on the ruling regards contracts and such cos of the rule of the foreign players moving etc

I would have thought it would be an obligation to buy to protect Shakhtar if he gets injured and we don't want him or he loses form etc but who knows clearly an usual case kudos to the club for getting something sorted. 

7 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I would be shocked if this is a straight loan, his contract with Donesk expires in less than a year and they will not put in place a situation that makes it likely he will leave for nothing in Dec 23. Its gonna be a little bit messy and unclear but the upshot is he will eventually be our player. 

As I understand it, his contract does not expire in December.  His contract was suspended last year with around 20 months remaining. If his contract is reinstated in july  then he still has that period to go. Ie until the end of 2024

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

As I understand it, his contract does not expire in December.  His contract was suspended last year with around 20 months remaining. If his contract is reinstated in july  then he still has that period to go. Ie until the end of 2024

Intresting thanks, maybe it is a straight loan in that case hopefully get some clarity soon. 

I’m not ITK or anything but I honestly think this is a simple case of taking over the rest of the loan from Lyon. I don’t think there will be an option or obligation or anything. This deal serves a purpose for Lyon as they clearly want a refresh and to go in a different direction. It serves a purpose for Shaktar as it places their player in the shop window and if he performs in the premier league it opens a bidding war that they know first hand can be very lucrative. 

From Leicesters perspective, they may finally be realising that our biggest asset is premier league football and they are at risk of losing that. This is essentially a risk free, cheap way of maintain that status. 

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

Loans are fine, perm transfers and contracts aren’t worth sand in a desert anyway unless it’s for resale value alone, which isn’t guaranteed.

They are if you loan a player and then they’re shit hot and you haven’t an option to keep them

3 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

They are if you loan a player and then they’re shit hot and you haven’t an option to keep them

Very true. We lost out on Ryan Bennett.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, JimJams said:

How long you been waiting to bust that one out?

@Ric Flairhas had it for ages. Here is an early draft I was able to snag 

I DON'T CARE IF ÜNDER'S POO
DEMARAI GRAY AND GHEZZAL TOO
PEREZ, I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU
IT'S <insert left footed right winger name here>, I'M IN LOVE

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

that’s two ifs though, if he’s crap and we haven’t got an option to sell, this is already a risk we’re paying heavily for taking time and time again under Brendan’s guidance.

3 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

that’s two ifs though, if he’s crap and we haven’t got an option to sell, this is already a risk we’re paying heavily for taking time and time again under Brendan’s guidance.

So you would rather not have an option to buy? Because it will be devastating if he’s class and then we don’t have him next season too and have to search for a right winger again. If he isn’t any good then you just don exercise the option

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I DON'T CARE IF ÜNDER'S POO
DEMARAI GRAY AND GHEZZAL TOO
PEREZ, I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU
IT'S TETE, I'M IN LOVE

This is absolutely brilliant but will our fan base really be able to pull this off - we’d struggle with give me a T 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

I thank you for the riveting discussion. You’re surely not this abrasive offline?

Apologies, I wasn't deliberately meaning to sound like a ****. I believe you said something in your original post based around net spend. I replied to your post with my thoughts on net spend. You then said you something along the lines of you were confused by my reply. I'm willing to carry on the discussion if you are or we can leave it here...

I so hope this guy lives up to the expectation.

Twice before have we been shit and then pulled off a bit of a January coup and it got us all excited again.

Ndidi

Tielemans

I hope for us all, this signing brings the joy back.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 3