Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

1 minute ago, Micky said:

So is he actually worth all the hype? 7 caps for Brazil suggests he's a very good player but that doesn't guarantee he'll be a success. Will he cope with the pace and the physicality of the English game? 

He's very quick and pretty strong, those two assets usually give players a good springboard for the PL. Add in skill, creativity and finishing ability and I'd be absolutely astonished if he doesn't hit the ground running here.

He'll win us the game at Villa Park.

1 minute ago, Micky said:

So is he actually worth all the hype? 7 caps for Brazil suggests he's a very good player but that doesn't guarantee he'll be a success. Will he cope with the pace and the physicality of the English game? 

I am sure he’s not played for the national mens team. My enthusiasm for him has been curtailed by this 6 months contract thing. Firmly believe he will see this as a stepping stone for a bigger summer move.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I am sure he’s not played for the national mens team. My enthusiasm for him has been curtailed by this 6 months contract thing. Firmly believe he will see this as a stepping stone for a bigger summer move.

That is a worry 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm starting to get my head around the situation a little more. His contract with Shaktar is paused, I believe this was initially activated by Tete when FIFA ruled players were free to join other clubs temporarily whilst the war is happening.

By doing so though, it means he cannot be sold like they did with Neres to Benfica or Dodo to Fiorentina. It also means rather than having just 6 months left of his contract come the end of this temporary deal, that's due to expire in December 2023, his contract may well resume as if it was March 2022 again and more than 18 months to go. (I think this is the case anyway but maybe wrong)

The interesting part though, is that his contract can't keep being paused. If the war isn't concluded by this summer, there's every chance that FIFA rule that this can no longer continue and Tete might well be able to walk away from his contract entirely, although what's more likely and probably where these reports that Lyon had a £17.5m option on him, is that there'll be a gentleman's agreement with Shaktar to give them a decent fee to prevent this dragging on.

What I'm most confused on though is if there's anything preventing a permanent sale once entered in to this weird agreement to pause the contract at Shaktar. Tete initially activated it in March 2022 until June 2022. I'm not sure why he wasn't then able to be bought because Lyon had to once again sign him to a similar temporary deal and if there was a gentleman's agreement at that time for June 2023 of £17.5m, surely you'd just have done it formally and done the deal last summer.

It's murky, but I'm just going to become hopelessly besotted with him for the rest of the season and worry about the potential heartbreak later down the line. 

Can't believe we've finally landed him!!

There's not a huge amount of detail in the FIFA statement but it does state clearly contracts are suspended unless both parties to the contract explicitly agree otherwise.  This must provide some wiggle room but it appears most players have used the rules to unilaterally bugger off for the time being without Shakhtar recieving transfer fees.  

Clearly Shakhtar are very unhappy with the suspension rules introduced by FIFA as they are suing them over it for £43m. 

• Like 1

Let's get him here. The terms of the deal are not that relevant at the moment. If he is a world beater that would be just want we need at the moment to get is through to the summer. We need some players to get us on our feet and to cause other teams a load of problems. I would not say no to ASM on a.loan as he can do the sublime to ridiculous. We need characters to lift the spirit of the squad.

10 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Unless in the contract we have first obligation to buy, he's only here for 6 months either way. He does well. He's off to a bigger club, he doesn't do well and we don't want him any longer. 

9 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I agree.  Another one with his eye on the exit door along with Youri, Cags and Madders and before he has even got here.  That doesn't bode well for a relegation fight.  We need commitment and hunger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Unless in the contract we have first obligation to buy, he's only here for 6 months either way. He does well. He's off to a bigger club, he doesn't do well and we don't want him any longer. 

That’s a good point, plus if he does well, we’ll likely stay up. Which is most important!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

I agree.  Another one with his eye on the exit door along with Youri, Cags and Madders and before he has even got here.  That doesn't bode well for a relegation fight.  We need commitment and hunger.

This is why I’m more excited by Souttar. I recognise that Tete is an exceptional talent and can’t wait to see him play, yet signing a big centre-half from a lower division means we have someone who is potentially very grateful for the opportunity!

Also the amount of players who are likely to be in our first eleven with an eye on the exit door is so alarming!

Edited by westernpark
Further point
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

So you would rather not have an option to buy? Because it will be devastating if he’s class and then we don’t have him next season too and have to search for a right winger again. If he isn’t any good then you just don exercise the option

I’d rather have a choice ofcourse, but right now I just want us to sign him regardless, anything to survive.

Guest David Oldfields Gate

All this excitement reminds me of my mate who thought he had pulled an absolute stunner, got her back to his hotel, she did all his nose candy and f**ked off again.

36 minutes ago, Micky said:

No one knows for sure but he’s very exciting. Some of us scouting nerds on here have been raving about him for years. @Ric Flair, @moore_94, @kingfoxand myself were talking about him since Covid. He had a standout game against Real Madrid, but has had many other good games too. He’s definitely an electric player who can be a match winner. 

Regardless of anything else, players like this get the crowd on their feet! He’s got that old school Brazilian samba swagger to his game. 

• Like 3