Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm starting to get my head around the situation a little more. His contract with Shaktar is paused, I believe this was initially activated by Tete when FIFA ruled players were free to join other clubs temporarily whilst the war is happening.

By doing so though, it means he cannot be sold like they did with Neres to Benfica or Dodo to Fiorentina. It also means rather than having just 6 months left of his contract come the end of this temporary deal, that's due to expire in December 2023, his contract may well resume as if it was March 2022 again and more than 18 months to go. (I think this is the case anyway but maybe wrong)

The interesting part though, is that his contract can't keep being paused. If the war isn't concluded by this summer, there's every chance that FIFA rule that this can no longer continue and Tete might well be able to walk away from his contract entirely, although what's more likely and probably where these reports that Lyon had a £17.5m option on him, is that there'll be a gentleman's agreement with Shaktar to give them a decent fee to prevent this dragging on.

What I'm most confused on though is if there's anything preventing a permanent sale once entered in to this weird agreement to pause the contract at Shaktar. Tete initially activated it in March 2022 until June 2022. I'm not sure why he wasn't then able to be bought because Lyon had to once again sign him to a similar temporary deal and if there was a gentleman's agreement at that time for June 2023 of £17.5m, surely you'd just have done it formally and done the deal last summer.

It's murky, but I'm just going to become hopelessly besotted with him for the rest of the season and worry about the potential heartbreak later down the line. 

Can't believe we've finally landed him!!

Is he as good as the hype ? Why have Lyon not taken an option on signing him ? Hope I'm wrong but may find he is not the solution in the Premier. Another Daka or Soumare hopefully not.

1 minute ago, jerry said:

Is he as good as the hype ? Why have Lyon not taken an option on signing him ? Hope I'm wrong but may find he is not the solution in the Premier. Another Daka or Soumare hopefully not.

Lorent Blanc is playing a 3-5-2 at Lyon, hence offloading wingers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jerry said:

I think unlike those two mentioned, he has no competition in a position we have let lapse for many year’s, and this will cause him to have a bit of head start in the eyes of the fans at least. I know that’s not really what was asked, and he will and should be judged on his output.

I am actually curious who suggested this signing as we have looked previously, but he went Lyon, and now he comes at who’s request? Was it always the scouting teamI wonder?

• Like 2

I’m not worried about the 6month thing. I kinda see it as win for everyone. 

> he plays well, sparks new life into this team, scores goals and creates chances we potentially stay up. The crowd get excited and there’s a new buzz.

> He’ll be motivated to prove he can play on the big stage and in the premier league, wanting to play at the highest level. Moves on with our thanks if he helps keeps us up, or we have a go at buying him 

> it works we stay up and he wants to stay…bonus!

> it doesn’t work - not lost much, not on a long contract and free to look else where. We then have a whole summer to find a replacement. I have more faith in the new HoR. 

He’ll come here motivated to do well. Not really for the famous badge of LCFC, my guess he’s not really heard of us, but for himself and that will benefit us. He’ll want a move from Ukraine so he has some stability I guess in the summer and this is the best way to get some exposure. But if he does well, I hope we can sign him. 

Could be a good less risk move by the club to fix a very obvious problem. 

we shall see. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think unlike those two mentioned, he has no competition in a position we have let lapse for many year’s, and this will cause him to have a bit of head start in the eyes of the fans at least. I know that’s not really what was asked, and he will and should be judged on his output.

I am actually curious who suggested this signing as we have looked previously, but he went Lyon, and now he comes at who’s request? Was it always the scouting teamI wonder?

The new head of recruitment tried to get him for Southampton last year but he went to Lyon instead. So he’s had a huge impact here, probably already had direct lines of communication with the player’s agent. 

So far I’m quite impressed with his signings and links. No player can be a guaranteed success, but these are smart signings with good potential. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m very much a glass half empty kind of guy. I’ve never heard of him before this thread and there’s no guarantee he’ll be a success. 

Having said that, after only reading the reactions from people on here, I am looking at potential Europa conference league dates for next season for when he obviously fires us to 7th place.

• Haha 1

Seems @Allfoxedup stole my idea on the chants thread (he stole it 11 hours before I thought of it) 😡

Mel n Kym tune - Respectable 

Tete, tete , tete, tete , tete-tete , t-t-tete, tete
He’s Brazilian , and he shits on Willian

Your defenders never gonna get the ball 

Edited by FLAN
  • Haha 2

Temporarily fills the right wing position for us at long last.    As has been said, if we stay up, and he has an impact in that, then ultimately that can only be seen as a good thing.   The chances of him being here next season though, seem low to me, as far as i can make out, so don't get to attached.    

34 minutes ago, jerry said:

Yes, he will hit the ground running. You watch Barnes and whichever striker who plays start to get more goals as well.

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Why are you all assuming Rodgers will even use him regularly?  Given recent history that seems foolhardy at best.

Because it's hos last remaining excuse. "I've not been backed" hardly holds much weight when you don't play the signings that have been made for you...