Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

I know I’m not actually reading that people are more excited about Harry Souttar than Tetê. I mean, Souttar is an excellent and needed signing but we finally bring in a left-footed right winger, and not just any left-footed right winger but Brazilian flare machine Tetê and that’s how some of you are reacting? lol

A loan is due to extradorinaiy circumstances regarding his contact. I’m sure we will make every attempt to sign him if this is a successful spell, we’ve shown that we were trying to splash a bit of cash on that position during this window. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm starting to get my head around the situation a little more. His contract with Shaktar is paused, I believe this was initially activated by Tete when FIFA ruled players were free to join other clubs temporarily whilst the war is happening.

By doing so though, it means he cannot be sold like they did with Neres to Benfica or Dodo to Fiorentina. It also means rather than having just 6 months left of his contract come the end of this temporary deal, that's due to expire in December 2023, his contract may well resume as if it was March 2022 again and more than 18 months to go. (I think this is the case anyway but maybe wrong)

The interesting part though, is that his contract can't keep being paused. If the war isn't concluded by this summer, there's every chance that FIFA rule that this can no longer continue and Tete might well be able to walk away from his contract entirely, although what's more likely and probably where these reports that Lyon had a £17.5m option on him, is that there'll be a gentleman's agreement with Shaktar to give them a decent fee to prevent this dragging on.

What I'm most confused on though is if there's anything preventing a permanent sale once entered in to this weird agreement to pause the contract at Shaktar. Tete initially activated it in March 2022 until June 2022. I'm not sure why he wasn't then able to be bought because Lyon had to once again sign him to a similar temporary deal and if there was a gentleman's agreement at that time for June 2023 of £17.5m, surely you'd just have done it formally and done the deal last summer.

It's murky, but I'm just going to become hopelessly besotted with him for the rest of the season and worry about the potential heartbreak later down the line. 

Can't believe we've finally landed him!!

you'd certainly think a player like him who we've been watching and sort of wanting for a while, we'd maybe have some sort of gentlemens agreement all around to make the deal permanent, i suspect it will probably be a little more than the £17.5m Lyon had,

cant wait for the next home game when @Ric Flairwill be there with a sign saying "Tete can i have your shirt please" :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

With Kristiansen, Tete and Souttar are we presumably done in the window? Would greedily love to see a new cm come in with injuries prevalent 

Well, I was looking at squad space. With those 3 coming in and Ricardo being available, we need 4 spaces. Perez, Bertrand, Brunt and Soyuncu would be my guess to make way but Praet could also go which would leave us another space but I'm being greedy. 

Just now, Scotch said:

Well, I was looking at squad space. With those 3 coming in and Ricardo being available, we need 4 spaces. Perez, Bertrand, Brunt and Soyuncu would be my guess to make way but Praet could also go which would leave us another space but I'm being greedy. 

Not sure Kristiansen needs to be registered because of his age? So only need to lose 3. And JJ could be removed as well unlikely to play again this season. So realistically 2.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Apologies, I wasn't deliberately meaning to sound like a ****. I believe you said something in your original post based around net spend. I replied to your post with my thoughts on net spend. You then said you something along the lines of you were confused by my reply. I'm willing to carry on the discussion if you are or we can leave it here...

I can’t be arsed. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Trev3939 said:

Can someone explain how this deal is going to work in terms of loan and buying?

...pretty much this situation is a version of Schrodinger's Cat!!!

This will be resolved by FIFA deciding that the pausing of Tete's contract is a restriction on his trade. In one fell swoop this situation becomes resolved.