Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

5 minutes ago, ts_1010 said:

If FIFA are reviewing the rules on these Ukraine War transfers, it may not have been possible/legally binding.

It takes him to the end of his Lyon loan deal but he still has some time left at Shaktar. Given that Ukrainian clubs are putting pressure on FIFA to avoid them losing all their talent for free, we might need to see what the rules are.

The worry is that, if he sets the league on fire for us, one of the big boys will come sniffing.

I'd say the bigger worry is that he flops. If he does really well and the big boys want him it will probably mean we have stayed up which right now would be a great result. He at least gives us more attacking options as long as Rodgers plays him of course.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

We have brought him out of his short term contract with Lyon.

We haven't done a deal with his parent club as his contract is suspended, we can do a deal with them over the next few month without the pressure of trying to get it done in the window.

This is correct.

All we can do is attempt with Shaktar to compensate them fairly, which mitigates any possibility that if a team didn't try and buy him but rather waited to see what the outcome is of the FIFA ruling post June. 

It seems unlikely the war will have ended by then, in which case its also unlikely FIFA will allow for the pause of contracts to continue so it might be that these players can permanently end their contracts in which case Shaktar are powerless and receive nothing.

Pre the war starting he was a £35m player, I think a deal gets done for around £20-25m maximum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

OK as I said last night when I confirmed it was done it's complicated.

Here goes... 

We have an OPTION to buy fee agreement in place that can be activated anytime between now and June.

If its left till after June then potentially other clubs could come in for him and/fifa will get involved and make some decisions around tbe Ukraine war with both contracted Ukraine players and international players. 

If it reaches that stage it could all get messy.

Fee paid is 3.5 million Euro presumably paid to Shakhtar who will compensate Lyon.

It's very complicated but that's it as far as I can tell. Apologies in advance if I have any of the final details wrong.

Now go ahead and slate me! 

If the option to buy is as straightforward as that then we are laughing. assume it will be similar fee to Lyon’s agreement.  

if we haven’t decided to make it permanent by June then he’s not settled or we’re relegated…….

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

OK as I said last night when I confirmed it was done it's complicated.

Here goes... 

We have an OPTION to but that can be activated anytime between now and June.

If its left till after June then potentially other clubs could come in for him and/fifa will get involved and make some decisions around tbe Ukraine war with both contracted Ukraine players and international players. 

If it reaches that stage it could all get messy.

Fee paid is 3.5 million Euro presumably paid to Shakhtar who will compensate Lyon.

It's very complicated but that's it as far as I can tell. Apologies in advance if I have any of the final details wrong.

Now go ahead and slate me! 

Has the "option" price been negotiating or would that still need work? 

When we signed Youri, his price rocketed as he did so well and we ended up paying an extra £10m on the prices being mentioned before his loan... 

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

An option will always have an agreed price as standard. 

Some things about the June expiry worry me (if he is good that is) but I’m just going to enjoy the signing for now. 

If it’s an option then no need to worry about June expiry - we just trigger it. An option is for us to choose to trigger or not and when, anytime before expiry.