Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Tete

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/01/22/leicester-talks-two-signings-january-transfer-window-deadline/

Negotiations have broken down with Fiorentina over a £25 million move for Nico González so Leicester are now considering Shakhtar Donetsk winger Tete, who is currently on loan at Lyon.

Oh my god.. Percy bomb 

16 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Oh my god.. Percy bomb 

I hate to say it but this has bolloxs written all over it! I think we will sign soutter from Stoke but this article mentions Tete for one reason and that’s again to make us think may actually sign a RW. Won’t happen. I have zero ITK at all btw but we all know the narrative “… Leicester tried for a permanent right winger again but fell short again for the 6th window in a row” 😂

8 minutes ago, DezFox said:

I hate to say it but this has bolloxs written all over it! I think we will sign soutter from Stoke but this article mentions Tete for one reason and that’s again to make us think may actually sign a RW. Won’t happen. I have zero ITK at all btw but we all know the narrative “… Leicester tried for a permanent right winger again but fell short again for the 6th window in a row” 😂

Lines up with Tom Collomosse’ article that was not long shared as well though..

57 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Percy confirming our interest!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/01/22/leicester-talks-two-signings-january-transfer-window-deadline/

Negotiations have broken down with Fiorentina over a £25 million move for Nico González so Leicester are now considering Shakhtar Donetsk winger Tete, who is currently on loan at Lyon.

Sorry but Percy's credibility has to be called into question here. He starts the article with "Brendan Rodgers is targeting 2 new signings". That's simply not true as Rodgers has no say on signings whatsoever 🙄 

• Haha 1

Top, you Wiley  old bugger you. You know the fans have been salivating over signing a Brazilian for years now…   But I’ll accept going from flinging some rumours about to mask a defeat to signing a Brazilian in a much needed position to appease the fans!

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, DezFox said:

Then bought another left winger and shoved him on the right and told him to run around a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Top, you Wiley  old bugger you. You know the fans have been salivating over signing a Brazilian for years now…   But I’ll accept going from flinging some rumours about to mask a defeat to signing a Brazilian in a much needed position to appease the fans!

it would be funny, that in a season where we are claiming our owners don’t care about us, everything is going wrong and we  are being left for dead… the club finally gets a brazilian … and a winger at that! 

• Like 2

All depends on Lyon it would seem who have an option to buy for 17.5 million in the summer.... They will want heavy compo for terminating the loan I suspect and hold all the cards so this may drag on with the possibility of us ending up without a RW come window close?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nick said:

All depends on Lyon it would seem who have an option to buy for 17.5 million in the summer.... They will want heavy compo for terminating the loan I suspect and hold all the cards so this may drag on with the possibility of us ending up without a RW come window close?

This is the most likely scenario 

42 minutes ago, Nick said:

Eh not really I mean, if he's straight up told them he's not going to sign for a Ligue 1 team if he can go to the Prem then there's not a lot they can do. He's not their player, there's no obligation to buy, there's no pre agreed contracts. He's just a loan. 

Yeah they can leverage a couple of mil out of it but even that is probably fairly standard. You'd think most loans have legal small print for what the sending club has to pay as comp if they don't honour the terms of the loan. You'd imagine it's just a case of us as potential buyers being willing to cover Shaktar's losses or not. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1