Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen Officially Signs

3 hours ago, frany104 said:

Tell you what he will do. He will make Barnes flourish. No longer will Barnes have to run at the two men alone, Kristensen joining the attack will give Barnes more space and to run at his full back. Great start so far, let’s hope he starts the next league game. Could be a real positive addition and turn out season round.

Amazing how he will make this Barnes lad pass to his own team. Must be some player 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Honestly, with comments like that you must be watching games with your eyes closed. One of most creative players has had all the pressure out on him alone with Maddison being out. Give the lad a break and support him. Some of our fans are just ******

Eyes wide open. It’s his complete lack of focus and application I don’t like 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Only the 20th time something similar has been posted, perhaps you should something new,‘how about a comment about an injury or how he will play in the championship.

Apologies, nothing personal but I reckon 25% of every thread is taking up by people being ‘amusing’ by repeating something that wasn't remotely amusing the first time. 

Sorry but your post was not factually accurate and that bothered me. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Hmmm.  Factual accuracy and FT aren't two things that go hand in hand so I really shouldn't get all ironic over someone's opinion.

Good point. Likewise I really shouldn't use the word irony when you mean sarcasm.  The two aren't the same although so often people confuse them.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Good point. Likewise I really shouldn't use the word irony when you mean sarcasm.  The two aren't the same although so often people confuse them.  

Oh I do so agree, but if we're going to insist on absolute grammatical correctness then FT is going to be a bit thin.

But in fact I'd argue that your original comment was in fact irony and not sarcasm given that: "Irony is a figure of speech that communicates the opposite of what is said, while sarcasm is a form of irony that is directed at a person, with the intent to criticise."

If your comment was meant to be sarcasm and therefore far more aggressive than I first took it to be then I apologise (that was irony).

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

The commentators said that he probably didn’t start as where he’s come from are on a winter break so not fully fit . 

Correct

Today were his first competitive minutes since 13th November

Rodgers said today that he had only done about 2 weeks worth of pre-season by the time he joined us as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Only the 20th time something similar has been posted, perhaps you should something new,‘how about a comment about an injury or how he will play in the championship.

Apologies, nothing personal but I reckon 25% of every thread is taking up by people being ‘amusing’ by repeating something that was only mildly amusing the first time. 

Gets so tiresome doesn't it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Lionator said:

Didn’t see the game. How was he? Better than Thomas? Does he go straight into the XI for next weekend?

A) slightly dodgy start with a misplaced header and pass. Grew into the game and oddly appeared near the opposition penalty box - not sure what that was about

b) that’s quite a low bar 

c) yes 

20 hours ago, frany104 said:

Honestly, with comments like that you must be watching games with your eyes closed. One of most creative players has had all the pressure out on him alone with Maddison being out. Give the lad a break and support him. Some of our fans are just ******

One of our most creative players with 0 assists, I love this forum